8x game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Actually, i think it'd be really cool. Something like a "Lightning Round" (borrowed that name from Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution).
      Imagine a game that takes about 6 hours to conquer enough territories to win, though i know it could be a bit inconvenient for many players. But for me, it'd be great. Since i usually find that normal speed games are too slow. And while 4X speed ones are the ones i take part in mostly, i think they're still not fast enough, because, when i am playing, time seems to pass slowly, and if i'm busy and have to stay away from the game for a few hours, then i'm toast. And so, i'd like to have a game i could finish in a few hours. but of course, it's just my opinion, and i am very pleased with what the CoN team are doing and have done so far, honestly, this is the best browser-based strategy game i could find.
    • I know, that's why i said "Lightning Round". Having your troops move at incredible speeds over the map, buildings and mobilizations finished quickly, and also research. The only catch, is that you'll have to be wise about where to spend your ressources and when. And don't worry, when i said 6 hours i didn't mean it literally, just 3 to 4 hours. Besides, it's not like all the games will be changed to that speed, if someone doesn't want a game that's that fast, then they can always opt for slower ones, in fact, those slow games are supposed to be the standard ones.
    • well even 8 times not going to finish a game in 6 hrs.... thats like 2 days of game play (1 day - 3 hrs) and would barely be lucky to take 1st country in 6 hrs.

Even on a small map takes min 14 game days to typically win and im an aggressive player. even with 8 times thats almost 5 days worth of not really being able to take a break for more than a few hrs... whos going to play 5 days on 3 hrs a sleep per night. If you sleep 8 hrs will be days behind in builds and research.

If you want a game done in 6 hrs would need 50 x speed on flashpoint and 100 x on world map. Scotty warp speed ahead ....engage. and would have no time to really have a good strategy. would be like be spending whole time trying to keep up with your 15 min builds /mobilizations in all cities plus 2 researches; while trying to anticipate what/who your warp drive troops will run into.

would be interesting but you would have to be all jacked up on mtn due for 5 straight days.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Captain Ash wrote:

Actually, i think it'd be really cool. Something like a "Lightning Round" (borrowed that name from Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution).
      Imagine a game that takes about 6 hours to conquer enough territories to win, though i know it could be a bit inconvenient for many players. But for me, it'd be great. Since i usually find that normal speed games are too slow. And while 4X speed ones are the ones i take part in mostly, i think they're still not fast enough, because, when i am playing, time seems to pass slowly, and if i'm busy and have to stay away from the game for a few hours, then i'm toast. And so, i'd like to have a game i could finish in a few hours. but of course, it's just my opinion, and i am very pleased with what the CoN team are doing and have done so far, honestly, this is the best browser-based strategy game i could find.
      Very good suggestion, 6 hours is a bit too early so a game would be better which we can finish in 2 days on weekend.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • 8x i think is too fast for me 4x is fast also but its a good speed i think for a game. in a 4x map if you need to for work and sleep is very very difficult to win. if you play with an hyperactive enemy you cant win if you need go for work you must be all day online . for me a good idea is 2x map also 1x is very good if you have good strategy plan but is very slow maybe 2x its also good speed