HOTFIX (200129)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• HOTFIX (200129)

+ + + + HOT FIX + + + +
      Dear Players,

With the release of the Chosen and Undead we wanted to make sure that they are threatening enough to players but are not the main focus in the Player vs Player gameplay loop. This has been a remarked success, but internal discussions as well as player feedback indicated that we needed to tweak the units further, and tweak it we did!

The following changes are planned to take place starting tomorrow, in a hotfix planned sometime in the afternoon UTC+0. In the meantime, stand your ground and prepare for the counter-attack! ETA 24 hours for reinforcements will arrive. The changes will apply to all running games.

The Chosen (Rising Tides and Blood & Oil)

• No longer Stealth
      • Now have a LOW radar signature
      • HP has been reduced from 30 to 25
      • Toned down aggression and made slower - making them much more manageable in 4x games
      • Move less and spawn less
      • Removed terrain modifiers for movement speed
      • No longer use buildings
      Undead (WWZ maps)
      • Zombies now move at 66% speed through foreign territory instead of 100% rounds
      • Slightly toned down aggression
      • Zombies now move less and spawn less
      • Increase Hive build time from 8 to 16 hours
      • Movement speed reduced from 1.5 to 1
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 8 times, last by Yak ().

• About Blood & Oil...

Oh no, water pistols again. :P

You know. Better to give them 10 HP, but leave stealth. There's no reason why they should be tough (low on supplies, lack of equipment, poor vehicles ). 5/5 gunship squad + single drone should be able to clean the area If someone really wants to do it. I don't know how it works on 4x games, but I see hp is the only problem with them at normal speed.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Pitty. I loved the dead they way they are. They re actually onyl scary for players with inf spam strategy. My tank destroyers loved those guys....

I also appreciated that they were fast and agressive. Which made it a valid strategy to zombiefy a player by sneaking into his port cities before nightfall and getting the hell out before day change.

Once they were on the loose...no way ot catch them...only helicoprters.

Yes is was a mess to clean an completly infected continent like south america. But we did it with great fun. Everyone still struggeling with zombies after day 10 is seriuosly doing something wrong.
      So my all means...let them evolve and make them stronger from day x+10 and an other time x +20

I havnt had much contact with the caliphate yet (day 6). waiting to see them in action...hell i need to get some anti stealth...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I think that 4x games should depend on different parameters, because changes like...

• Toned down aggression and made slower
      ... makes them correct at 4x, but at 1x it means no aggression at all. Uh oh... :|
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Efreet wrote:

I think that 4x games should depend on different parameters, because changes like...

• Toned down aggression and made slower
      ... makes them correct at 4x, but at 1x it means no aggression at all. Uh oh... :|
      Sounds like you don't do much 1x and haven't seen the Chosen there. It's like moving very, very slowly towards your demise and there's very little you can do about it when you just defended your lands from the early rushers.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • I can't say that they are perfect now, but I think they have too much hp, and that's all. Instead, changes will make them static and user friendly. Ahh... cmon.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• And now they will have too much of a less. Same story a year ago. Someone had a good idea of more challenging partisans (more realistic), but again someone else pushed ' the panic button' too early. :D
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• In this context, The Caliphate is a tool used in PvP, and can work against chaos maker as well - which makes game more interesting.
      I have no doubt that 10/10 (300HP) x10 doom stacks will be invincible. But it could be easily fixed if single chem could be able to wipe 70% of them. They could grow to swarm early, but can't confront with tech lately and i think its a clear solution.

Well, yup, decisions were made. I'm in minority anyway and can imagine a flood of messages like 'oh no, my' good ol strategy' doesn't work well now, so please restore'.

I guess I must shut up in the matter in current year. X/
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky