Recall Aircraft Button for Carriers, Airbases, and Airports

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Recall Aircraft Button for Carriers, Airbases, and Airports

Have you ever been sending patrols, attacks, ferries, and flights over areas occupied with so many troops that you can't even see where your aircraft are flying anymore, or hardly even click on them?

Have you ever sent your aircraft out but you just straight up forgot where you sent them and now you can't find them?

Have you ever accidentally clicked in a province center adjacent to your city when directing a flight home (I know I should just use cancel orders) and your fighters landed and then spent hours ferrying the smallest of distances to a nearby province, totally unprotected?

If you have, then you know my pain. If you haven't then you're lucky, but you can probably still imagine my pain.

Now, imagine if there was a button on all buildings and carriers where aircraft can launch from that simply recalls the aircraft from wherever they are at back to where they took off from.

I'm dealing with a situation right now where a carrier says that it has 5 Strike Fighters on board, but they're not there, and I can't find them anywhere else on the map. I think it's a bug and I'm working through that with support, but it also sparked this idea and this seems like it would be useful to have all the time. It seems that if there was a button like this, I might be able to resolve that situation with a single press, or at least be sure that it is a bug. It would also help me in Europe right now where there's so much going on that half the time I don't know where my troops are.

In this instance, I am Canada. Can you find my plane quickly? It's not terribly difficult in this exact picture because my flag is decently clear, but the fighter itself seems almost invisible. I also noticed that flags lay over the top of units, and that can sometimes hide your fighters as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Woozle ().

• only time "misplaced" planes was over shot a airbase and ended up driving like and hr past base. did freak out a bit as couldnt find nor showed up on casualty list. ends up looking like inf truck with a tiny airplane. But after that make sure zoom in and actually ferry to a base ;)

and found both yours and france plane in about 2 seconds. and yours easier than finding france .. only 2 canadian units on map .. who cares how many units just look for your flag.

Only other time had issues with planes at an airbase we have like 4 coalition partners using same base with planes coming and going so did get bit tricky finding yours especially if similar flags.

And if you think thtas bad try a big battle in bulgaria; serbia a bit south west of there. if whole area smoking its like a campfire and hard to see anything.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Just take a photo and post it in this thread and me and Buckeyechamp will find it for you (haha beat me and only did 1 second)!

Or just toggle off the flags. You know you can change the settings right? I often toggle off flags, Resource production, etc. to save battery because I use an old computer. Try it maybe it’ll be easier to see (it’s easier for me at least!).
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

only time "misplaced" planes was over shot a airbase and ended up driving like and hr past base. did freak out a bit as couldnt find nor showed up on casualty list. ends up looking like inf truck with a tiny airplane. But after that make sure zoom in and actually ferry to a base ;)

and found both yours and france plane in about 2 seconds. and yours easier than finding france .. only 2 canadian units on map .. who cares how many units just look for your flag.

Only other time had issues with planes at an airbase we have like 4 coalition partners using same base with planes coming and going so did get bit tricky finding yours especially if similar flags.

And if you think thtas bad try a big battle in bulgaria; serbia a bit south west of there. if whole area smoking its like a campfire and hard to see anything.
      Wish you could toggle on/off smoking cities
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Greyhulk wrote:

Hancock wrote:

1. Hold down the right mouse button.
      2. Drag around the airport with the mouse. Then release the mouse and you have selected all the units that are stationed in the airport.
      3. Press the "Cancel" button of the selected units and all units will return to the airport ;

Some people play mobile.

You are necroing a topic from a time, where mobile did not even exist though

and yes I want the ability to disable animations like smoke too