Strategy for Israel?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I won with Israel, but it was a complete fluke.

Jordan completely emptied his country to take Lebanon which allowed me to end him by taking his homeland cities. He was then delayed returning to try to retake them by a Greek invasion of Lebanon, allowing me to build units. After destroying his returning units, I was able to just move into Lebanon as the Greeks went home to deal with an invasion there. And then I was able to move into Syria as he went AWOL, and part of Iraq as Iraq and Iran wiped each other out. Meanwhile, I didn't have to worry about Egypt as he was in a war with SUdan and Libya. Saudi Arabia was playing too timid and didn't decide to attack me until I had all of the Levant, most of Iraq, and Egypt east of the Nile. Once I was able to take out the Saudi Arabian peninsula, I was one of the biggest countries. Joined a coalition with the 2 other biggest countries, and game over. No contest expanding thru Africa into Turkey and east to India.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Stratieon wrote:

Interesting thread, and a lot of good contributions. I would add a few things to this. Remember, Israel has Western doctrine. This does not favor tank destroyers. With comprehensive doctrinal analysis, we conclude that a combined arms approach using Western favored AFVs, Attack Helicopters, and MBTs on the ground, along with the usual mot inf and potentially naval marines, with all the usual AA, Artillery, and radar, except potentially with frigate AA initially as has been stated, TDS is the primary Western AA, but early game, I use SAMs and Air Sup with Western to have near total control of the skies. My MBTs can then excel in the wide open desert expanse of the Middle East while my attack helis knock out enemy armor in all areas within radius and the AFVs assist in clearing infantry and take the lead on that in cities. A decent amount of combined arms is critical with a focus on one area and second focus on another, as Sima has said. In one game I beat Israel in, my opponent had superb aircraft and AA, but he diverged from doctrine and combined arms philosophy, with only ASF, SF, mot inf, MAAV (which are not great is Western, almost only good with European), and navy with frigates, all at relatively low research level. If he had some solid ground forces, or even just better research, he could have fought me better, although he managed to conquer the entire Middle East with his build until I came in from Europe as Austria with unified combined arms fire and maneuver from air and land with coalition support in the naval department; hence the two critical concepts: unified combined arms, and coalition support.
      I went heavy on Mobile Artillery and used ASFs for air dominance.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I won with Israel, but it was a complete fluke.

Jordan completely emptied his country to take Lebanon which allowed me to end him by taking his homeland cities. He was then delayed returning to try to retake them by a Greek invasion of Lebanon, allowing me to build units. After destroying his returning units, I was able to just move into Lebanon as the Greeks went home to deal with an invasion there. And then I was able to move into Syria as he went AWOL, and part of Iraq as Iraq and Iran wiped each other out. Meanwhile, I didn't have to worry about Egypt as he was in a war with SUdan and Libya. Saudi Arabia was playing too timid and didn't decide to attack me until I had all of the Levant, most of Iraq, and Egypt east of the Nile. Once I was able to take out the Saudi Arabian peninsula, I was one of the biggest countries. Joined a coalition with the 2 other biggest countries, and game over. No contest expanding thru Africa into Turkey and east to India.
      Sounds like our Israeli victories have a big stroke of luck in common, lol.
    • Yeah, that's a viable way, in my opinion, to survive early and get yourself to the later, specialized infantry units in which Western Doctrine specializes. Aiming for Marines and AIrborne gives you some nice flexibility in travel, mobilization focus, and homeland city usage. The problem is that you have to stay in the game long enough to get to that point, which NG and bunkers can certainly help you do.
    • I would as well try to bunker up,...
      and then if they have wasted, foirce a counterattack,..
      btw: Israel is a land of short distances, easy to cover with arty and SAM bubbles so make best of it while the others try to overwhealm the meatshields
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Fereyd wrote:

I would as well try to bunker up,...
      and then if they have wasted, foirce a counterattack,..
      btw: Israel is a land of short distances, easy to cover with arty and SAM bubbles so make best of it while the others try to overwhealm the meatshields
      I have had moderate success in previous using Frigates as AA, as they can cover the entire homeland and protect the ports, with arty support. That's a solid idea.
    • I think Italy is tough to play... well at least ive always easily taken it. have a lot of exposure of coasts on whole country. within range of a lot of enemy air. damn mountains slow you down and only land based assultsa lead you into alps. Not sure how i would go about that besides strong navy defenses an Anti Air but to attack anyone you are exposed on three other sides. Good Luck. Id probably try to align with Spain or germany and 2 v 1 france to start??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I think Italy is tough to play... well at least ive always easily taken it. have a lot of exposure of coasts on whole country. within range of a lot of enemy air. damn mountains slow you down and only land based assultsa lead you into alps. Not sure how i would go about that besides strong navy defenses an Anti Air but to attack anyone you are exposed on three other sides. Good Luck. Id probably try to align with Spain or germany and 2 v 1 france to start??
      I don't think I've ever played Italy before (I VERY rarely play major European nations at all), but it's going pretty well so far.
      Files
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

I think Italy is tough to play... well at least ive always easily taken it. have a lot of exposure of coasts on whole country. within range of a lot of enemy air. damn mountains slow you down and only land based assultsa lead you into alps. Not sure how i would go about that besides strong navy defenses an Anti Air but to attack anyone you are exposed on three other sides. Good Luck. Id probably try to align with Spain or germany and 2 v 1 france to start??
      I don't think I've ever played Italy before (I VERY rarely play major European nations at all), but it's going pretty well so far.
      Wow. That's amazing. I've had the same experience as Buckeyechamp regarding Italy; to me, it has only some of the advantages of an island nation with all the disadvantages of both an island nation and a land nation; vulnerable to everything and safe from nothing, I'd rather something completely landlocked or totally sealocked.