russia apocalyse tips

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• russia apocalyse tips

Russia is well underestimated and it's very fun to play. Mass production of resources and units with 10 cities (i.e. to small countries.)
      why did I stick to apocalypse for now? as this is where russia shines as there is no research limitation.

disadvantages :
      1- very wide borders with many countries which make it hard to defend
      2- with all those cities many players will eye them
      3- large provinces make it kinda hard to control, mentor all ur units and send defenders
      3- rare production doesn't match the high production u have but u start with good amount

Advantages of russia :
      1- very high resource production
      2- massive mobilization with 10 cities
      3-being a world power many will join ur coalition
      4- large provinces will be a huge advantage if u have enough airports as u can defend with airlift fast enough

the guide :
      1- buy all rare materials from the market asap also but buy offer for the rare case of gold user selling rare material

2-sell some fuel u have 3 fuel cities getting u incredible production early calculate ur needs sell the rest or even delay some buildings
      and continue selling as in early mid game no one will buy fuel

3- ally with asia and invade europe this is the general theme asia have extremely large countries that is hard to defend and attack.
      be the first coalition on the game accept asia or good statistics from europe.
      also the mass mobilization favors high density cites

4- u need many airfields to protect ur cities and to maximize the special forces range later build 3 more lvl 1 in key positions (in the city near japan is a must)

5- with all those airfields ur unit build should be focused on lvl 1 airport units asfs or gunships
      I prefer asfs so I can ignore aa for sometime and go for sams later.

6- ng is the backbone of ur army why?
      A-being very fast it's suitable for ur land
      B-being very fast it enables u to go for mass production
      C- cheap fast reseach I will explain that later
      D-u have enough electronis to build tanks or artillery so u don't need the attack of other unfantry later
      E- u start with a lot of motorized for ur early ai agressions

7-u need to maximize the mass production revenue by the end of day 5 u should have 3 stacks of 5 asfs only now do the tier 2 upgrade to save a lot of resources.

8- build recruiting offices in all ur cities and mobilize 2 rounds of ngs try to get a third round if it doesn't delay ur over all strategy
      max number of ngs before u lose one is 3 so don't stack more.

9- after having 3 of ngs start upgrading them all the way up to tier 3 and build 4th round in the way
      why all those ngs early? ng has the problem of health equal to city morale u can over come this by upgrading already existing ngs
      let's city is fixed on 75% morale if u build ng of the last tier u get 75% of the max hp but if u buil it first tier u get 75% of tier 1 hp and 100% of the extra hp

10-delay any air defenses preferably to an ally and ignore navy

11- u have quite good electronics production that u can afford another unit production beside the mass asfs I like tanks but artillery is also fine(or even better consuming supplies)
      I stick to lvl 1 mbts as I need rare material for other research

12- build lvl 1 arms industry in all ur cities except fuel
      13 in the rare city build lvl 1 arms industry -> lvl bunker -> lvl 2 arms industry and keep going u need as much rare as u can. u want to never stop upgrading arms industry here

14-being very active I put a strong reserve defensive units in a central airport and defend with them BUT watch out for enemy airport range for mobile infantry drop

15- invade lone countries in europe first u should be having much superior army as they tend to use sfs and u have 3 stacks of asfs
      16- don't upgrade mbts or artillery that much instead go for special forces they are quite handy as they are good at every think especially vs lone tank destroyers and airports
      17- try not to anger the main europe coalition as they can unite forces and will match or even exceed ur power.
      18 use ng as attacking soft health buffers

19- when u go for missiles use asfs as launching platform on extreme cases u don't want to waste the nukes as u can;t afford that much of rare material to build missiles and research

20- I have ignored the most important aspect of the game intelligence. u should depend on a friend to use his drones or awacs
      u can't afford to go to lvl 4 airport early u want to mass mobilize

and u can't build many drones as this delay ur mobilization but ur friend will be happy getting some cities while u do most of the actual work.
      21- u need a navy friend china or india
      22- use ngs as decoys their incridible speed (+ russhing)to tight enemy units to his cities with ur asfs ready to kill coming sfs or helios
      23 defend the turkey iran borders but don't expand there u want to focus on europe
      24 proceed this way and replace inactive allies[ mass produce then upgrade]
    • Stratieon wrote:

Wow. Congratulations on such a comprehensive and robust strategy for Russia in apocalypse. I never play apocalypse, but I might consider playing Russia sometime thanks to this.
      just make sure get missiles going as soon as possible and I went with 2 TDS in every city (played with australia so with my navy to stop invasion ballistic / ICBMs were main threat). 1st time played apoclypse didnt even realize we had nukes (like 16 - 20) depending on country. Not a big Nuke fan but with several 100 nuke warheads in the world you have to be prepared to defend and use. And unlocked research easy for countries to buy game... my coal partner was actually russia and he went all missiles and airborn trying to just take cities... worked early but he couldnt sustain but he was still too big for me to kick out of coalition (well by that time and that close to 2 man victory even though I had enough pts for solo didnt feel like playing another few weeks if he started launching nukes at me)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp