Stealth Naval Officer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stealth Naval Officer

Hi,

I was just trying to be smart and put my stealth Naval Officer close to an enemy...He did not fire on the land units but he attacked the patrolling Aircraft. Suddenly a big swarm off aircraft came for the officer but he made it out of there safe and sound...

Question:I didnt want to ask my enemies but they will read it here anyway): Is he visible in the moment/split second he attacks or the whole 10 min AA cooldown? And Only to units in sight of range or also on radar?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I would guess he's definitely visible during the entire time he's "engaged in combat" (so that would include during the cooldown between attacks). I'd also guess that while he's "engaged in combat" he's visible via radar. I don't know this definitively, though, and am only guessing. Feel free to ignore my conjecture and rely on someone with actual knowledge.
    • Hancock wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Suddenly a big swarm off aircraft came for the officer but he made it out of there safe and sound...
      So the helicopters could see the Stealth Navy Officer in sight and we could very well see that your admiral was shot down from 70 HP to 17 HP. So I have no idea what you are saying here.
      I dont know, what you want to tell me. I got him out safe and sound...He did not get killed by the helicopters- Did he??

So why do you always try to turn my words around...also ingame. Just dont try. You can not talk me down:

youtube.com/watch?v=1EmgX9-srQM

@Kalrakh Well I think its a Bug too. It doesnt make much sense if a stealth units is visible on a AA cooldown. But still the questiosn remains. If this is a steatlh unit. Did the enemie see me because they where in sight of range or did I also pop up on the radar...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • He was the main target 3-4 full squads of helicopters...They aimed at him...no patroling or something...

So it was quite a surprise for me...thats why I say safe and sound. Because he is alive and breathing. And I didnt need to use Gold ;)

And to my surprise I noticed that his radar does not spot helicopters...dont know if this is on purpose (why?) or just someone forgotten to programm it.
    • If I am not mistaken, only 2 units can detect helicopters currently:

AWACs at lvl 4+ and Frigs at lvl 6+, so I suspect this is on purpose

Interestingly he is the only stealth unit, that does not lose its radar capability by gaining stealth.
      Fixed Wing Ace and Elite Attack Helicopter lose their radar capabilities by gaining stealth.
      So might be on purpose that he loses stealth while using AA.
      Or this fact is an oversight, because his radar kind of gives a way his position?
      Stealth ASF and Stealth Striker also do not have any radar.
    • yeah helicopters dont take a lot of AA damage either .. so game is like them flying in below radar and AA till last minute?? only time I ever lost an officer was dude had 7 or 8 attack choppers and tried to out run them but was in med on mid east map so no open water to get to out of range of USA bases on that island... but after that learned to stack up some Friggs with my Officer. but think they increased damage to helicopters since than as think was only doing like 2 or 3 hp damage ... but even at 5-6hp would need a stack of AA capable ships to do any real damage.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

If I am not mistaken, only 2 units can detect helicopters currently:

AWACs at lvl 4+ and Frigs at lvl 6+, so I suspect this is on purpose

Interestingly he is the only stealth unit, that does not lose its radar capability by gaining stealth.
      Fixed Wing Ace and Elite Attack Helicopter lose their radar capabilities by gaining stealth.
      So might be on purpose that he loses stealth while using AA.
      Or this fact is an oversight, because his radar kind of gives a way his position?
      Stealth ASF and Stealth Striker also do not have any radar.
      would be nice if you could toggle that .. not sure id want to give up radar for stealth??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Well anyway. I am waiting for @Germanico and the official statement on how it is designed....Things like this you just can`t explain in a manual as these are special situations.

@Kalrakh: Thnx for the hint with the radar...I didn't notice this changed as well with the big "Radar Release"