The Measure of a Player

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would say skill/ability in CoN is quantified by seven primary component skill factors, the aptitude at most affected by experience:

1. Strategy
      2. Tactics
      3. Production
      4. Research
      5. Diplomacy
      6. Mechanics
      7. Activity

1. Strategy: This is essentially the largest category, and arguably includes all the others. Here, we will use it to indicate determining overall courses of action and goals to pursue, including prioritization of those goals. To differentiate it from tactics, it will be considered to be that which includes multiple component skills and regards overarching objectives, such as deciding to attack Germany as France, for instance. This should include both Tactics, Mobilization, and Production, of course along with the "passive" factor of Activity and a measure of Diplomacy if possible. Strategic skill is indicated by application of the basic principles of warfare on a strategic level, such as using diplomacy to apply pressure on an enemy nation from multiple directions, in this case applying the principle of double envelopment on a strategic level. The lowest level we will regard as strategy will be deciding military objectives; e.g. "capture Paris."
      2. Tactics: This is the use of military forces to achieve military objectives. An example would be coordinating forces to capture Paris. In CoN, this will refer to the operational level of warfare. In the example of capturing Paris, tactics would include delineation of the exact operational objectives to achieve the strategic goal, e.g. destroying enemy units in Paris in order to capture it, sending air forces in, and sending troops in. It also includes the military concepts of operational security, surprise, etc.
      3. Production: This could be called a part of strategy, and consists of the three key areas of mobilization, construction, and production. It is managing resources in order produce units and buildings in the pursuit of operational objectives and strategic goals, e.g. anything from producing tank destroyers to fight French tanks defending Paris, to building an airfield in a British province to support strategic airlifts of units from America, or even a local industry in Jamaica to increase rare production enough to make more submarines for protection of Cuba.
      4. Research: This is of course deciding what units to research and when, regarding development and technological advantage of a warfighting force when applied to its military implementation. When used with strategy, it could include for instance investing heavily in research of tank destroyers because of knowledge of high-tech French tanks in the Battle of Paris.
      5. Diplomacy: This is any coordination with any other player in your game, including negotiation and cooperative strategic planning, e.g. coordinating with allies to attack France from the South while maneuvering toward Paris from the North.
      6. Mechanics: This is just acuity at the mechanical portions of the game. It is heavily influenced, perhaps the most out of all the factor skills, by experience, and perhaps influences overall skill by increasing freedom of action and better enabling exploitation of potential opportunities, as well as maximizing the efficiency of active time. e.g. splitting units to avoid a full max stack on blockade duty having to refuel after attacking a target.
      7. Activity: This is perhaps the least military and one of the most overarching of all the component skills. Activity is of course, how much one can be online. It, like mechanics but perhaps even more, is directly tied to freedom of action. It can significantly compensate for deficits in all other areas by affecting event reaction and operation control capacity. An example is being able to be online for the whole 20 minutes of the Battle of Paris and key related actions.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Telerik wrote:

I regard myself above average player . Joined 34 games won(soon) 11solo+6team games . That will be 50% and i play on larger maps i loved 128 huge dyck measuring map. I have 7 to 1 captured lost provinces(soon 8 to 1) . If you have similar stats and apply to Bulgaria 632AD ,there is great chance not be refused .
      So victories especially solo and province ratio is what i look at .
      Easiest way to join me and see what barbaric cannibal i am is writing to me in български .
      Happy building up a robust team of around average players ,no stress and no demands .
      Was very deadly at Supremacy 1914 too ,was the first guy to win 500map there and crashed the game ,got all 3 podium medals at once )) that was bloody game memory .
      In short province ratio and solo wins is what metters to me .
      will have to play together... I have 7 team and 4 solo in 14 games. 12 to 1 capture rate
      Wow. Looking forward to the results of that matchup! :thumbsup: