Strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I started a new game as cuba. So i got some mech infantry and national guard moving out and am currently making arms industrys. So hmm should i go for some air superiority fighters or just go straight in for some frigates and corvettes? Im eying the US because he's level 4 and still doesnt seem to get the concept of making army bases
    • Mech inf is honestly a waste of time in Eastern on the American continent, simply because there isn’t enough open space for it. As for the air-navy setup, I recommend doing ASF first then getting some corvettes running. Once this is done, you can assemble a fleet and fighter force to join your army in invasions. Ngs are of course weak by themselves, so I recommend backing them with some tank destroyers if possible. Once air superiority and command of the sea are established, all else will proceed from that operational freedom. Gunships are extremely useful for this, and when joined by tank destroyers it’s a deadly combination. I am currently running a Cuba game in Flashpoint and have conquered US, Canada, Britain, and France. These concepts have proven extremely useful in creating a unified combined arms force.
    • That is definitely a strong approach to Russia, although tanks are great in any sort of open terrain, from desert to open ground to tundra. Similarly with South Africa. As transport goes, military logistics combined with an initial and sustained strong defense works excellently. In Cuba however, tanks are virtually useless from the closed terrain in the region, especially in South America.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Sure, Russia has a lot of Tundra, but also provinces are fucking huge. You will need a lot of logistics. Tanks need level 3 for decent speed.
      Somewhat the contrary; because Russia's provinces are so big, you actually need fewer logistics. The higher Area/Province, the cheaper Logistics/Area.

abdul_the_brave wrote:

yeah but with russia u can try to ally with one side (asia or europe ) and attack the other tanks will be decent.
      Indeed; a Russian focus on initial ASFs adding in more tanks with an eventual deep research into tanks affords a significant advantage.
    • yeb but u can build tanks at ur east and west usually china wont attack being too busy itself mangolia usually last to be picked (60~64) and even if it attacks its reckless and u can defend without tanks (e.g. u will have built 2 ngs on those cities). kazagistan is some what threatening I try to ally with.the far east and far west are the concentration on the east jaban and the koreans might try their luck with you on the west the european. turkish border shouldn't be dangerous and u can rally ur east troops to it. so tanks on the east and west usually is fine.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

But even with logistic it will take you ages to walz accross your whole country with tanks, air transport will save you ton of time

abdul_the_brave wrote:

yeb but u can build tanks at ur east and west usually china wont attack being too busy itself mangolia usually last to be picked (60~64) and even if it attacks its reckless and u can defend without tanks (e.g. u will have built 2 ngs on those cities). kazagistan is some what threatening I try to ally with.the far east and far west are the concentration on the east jaban and the koreans might try their luck with you on the west the european. turkish border shouldn't be dangerous and u can rally ur east troops to it. so tanks on the east and west usually is fine.
      Indeed. Tanks are primarily an offensive weapon; my implementation of that concept focuses on an initial defensive stance that then transitions to an offensive sweep in a single direction with offensive forces massed on one side. The idea is that once the offensive sweep begins, production can be optimized and relocated as necessary in order to hold against surprise attack long enough to enable rapid respond to identified threats. Combined with sufficient preparation and campaign resupply through city annexation, airbases, logistics, and the continuity of the advance through preservation of secure lines of communication, both the offense and defense are secured.