suggestion - flare

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• _wielebny_ wrote:

737373elj wrote:

_wielebny_ wrote:

then we have to play some other games .....
      ooh yes that’ll work perfectly, then we won’t have to listen to your arguments anymore‘Hey, remember your cruiser somewhere in the Atlantic? It’s gone now’
      Please give me more information otherwise this is the best I can do
      If I noticed it I should be able to know and explain everything

Edit: we have said, there is no need for it. All you need to do is explain properly, that is a given. Any player who can’t explain properly is not good and you should distance yourself from him before he takes you along with him to the grave. At most, just require everybody to type in the same language. Flares to point out units are useless since units are dynamic and always move. Flares to point out cities are even more useless since you can just say the city/province name. Why can’t you see that already??? We have said it a billion times and all you do is insist that we need it without providing any solid proof that we need it. Argue this point.
      You are wrong, the game is international, not everyone knows English, I took two photos of you, on one I clearly wrote what is where - but someone did not understand, if I cast a flare - he would know what's going on
      on the second - the event took place at sea - I asked someone to explain to me where it is - it cannot be determined without a flare
      the flare is indispensable, the current communication system does not work.
      yes, the game is international. And... you can use google translate: translate.google.com

I do agree that a better communication system can be used. However, you can just ask your coalition members what to do in text.

If an event happened at sea, you could describe where at sea it is. For example, if your cruiser sunk between the centre and china, you can say the cruiser sunk west of hawaii and east of china at the midway point.
    • ahuman wrote:

If an event happened at sea, you could describe where at sea it is. For example, if your cruiser sunk between the centre and china, you can say the cruiser sunk west of hawaii and east of china at the midway point.
      where it is ?
      not there, could you describe it again because I didn't understand?
      where in the desert sea? ? where did he drown? I don't understand, could you please write again? write me in Polish
      or ...., just throw a flare where they were destroyed - easier and faster
    • _wielebny_ wrote:

ahuman wrote:

where it is ?not there, could you describe it again because I didn't understand?
      where in the desert sea? ? where did he drown? I don't understand, could you please write again? write me in Polish
      or ...., just throw a flare where they were destroyed - easier and faster
      If a ship sunk in the Pacific Ocean, you can describe where it sunk.

example: Your aircraft carrier sunk east of China and west of Hawaii.
    • I think the whole point wielebny is trying to make is not that a flare tool is a "need", but that it would be "useful". There have been a lot of points brought up that suggest why we dont "need" a flare, but nobody has said that it wouldnt be "useful". Also, a main point he has is that the language barrier is still there even with google translate. It is an easy tool that we all can use, but only 80% of the message comes through making any sense.

I like the idea of flares, they cant hurt anything, and they would be optional anyways. So I dont understand why there has been so much backlash to this idea.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • ahuman wrote:

understand ? I do not know where it is ? show it to me on a map, where?

post 37 - I wrote to the guy that there are 3 ships in mogadishu - he didn't understand
      understand the communication so far is not enough
      why should I write - I throw a flare a few mines burn - everyone will see what's on fire.
      above it you can make a short entry - 6 ships

The post was edited 1 time, last by _wielebny_ ().

• _wielebny_ wrote:

ahuman wrote:

understand ? I do not know where it is ? show it to me on a map, where?
      post 37 - I wrote to the guy that there are 3 ships in mogadishu - he didn't understand
      understand the communication so far is not enough
      why should I write - I throw a flare a few mines burn - everyone will see what's on fire.
      above it you can make a short entry - 6 ships
      It is his fault he doesn’t know where mogadishu is - he should check google maps.

besides, you can search for a province in the bottom right corner
    • _wielebny_ wrote:

ahuman wrote:

It is his fault he doesn’t know where mogadishu is - he should check google maps.besides, you can search for a province in the bottom right corner
      google maps? you mock yourself, throw a flare, do not search in google maps
      A flare by definition would run out. Did you mean a pointer? I mean, it would be more useful, but not as useful as being able to click on the name of a province in the chat and automatically being redirected to it.
    • What about an actual flare that is an expendable commodity like a missile, that goes to a targeted point, then reveals everything in a certain radius, drifts for a minute then goes out?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • not everyone knows English perfectly, all you need is a typo in the name and there is communication,
      write through a translator, in several languages.
      some players are online - the game is dynamic especially with time x4,
      I do not have time to translate with a translator, as I showed before, sometimes and so it is incomprehensible.
      I throw a flare visible to the allies and they see that something was there.
      Now the question is - how long should it burn, how many can be cast, every how many minutes, you can put a short text above the flare - 5 ships, note AA,
      maybe without typing texts - I don't know, for discussion,
      but a flare would be very useful
      an ally asks for a drone over the city - why should I write - let, indicate which city it is about
    • _wielebny_ wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

What about an actual flare that is an expendable commodity like a missile, that goes to a targeted point, then reveals everything in a certain radius, drifts for a minute then goes out?
      I do not agree - only communication and it is limited in time
      It makes a lot more sense than a communication flare that is inanely superfluous because someone can't think, describe or type.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • because English is not the official language of the world and sometimes it is difficult to quickly indicate a specific point for an ally

I'm just trying to explain to my ally that there are troops near the devil - can you point me - where, without a flare?
      you can use google maps

an ally's plane flies past enemy troops
      someone write quickly and explain that the enemy's troops are there - you have 30 seconds
      gogogo

too late .. flew by

The post was edited 2 times, last by _wielebny_ ().

• We not done with this thing?

> Use Google map

Wouldn't that implies the game is lack of feature so you have to use external app?
      It can for a certain degree but this game the map is base on real map so I see it's a dev team responsibility to make a good communication tools that can solve this so we don't have to look up ourself
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD