Isn't modern infantery too good in the late game compared with other infantery units?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• a stack of mixed sf and naval sf can do 1 maybe 2 runs without loosing a plane to that combo; assuming he gets past AA tick

abdul_the_brave wrote:

u will pass the aa envelope but not the air defense 2 sama + 2aa will lose u 1 + half strike fighter with only defense rate. with european strike u mgiht lose only 1 .
      I don't think he will lose 1 sam or 1 aa in first strike so u will lose another sf in the second strike and may be a third on third strike if he is lucky + the asf u already saced ....
      tho tbh that much AA is in general not worth attacking with air units :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I don't think he can do the second run( depends on the levels tho but non european tier2 can't usually) and when he lose he will lose 1 sf and 1 naval sf
      and yes not worth it we were arguing about if the above set is complete or not and I said that this stack is the hard counter and being very popular. Now that attack choppers need lvl 2 airbase I can't say they are the best solution. I don't like artillery vs artillery war.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

I don't think he can do the second run( depends on the levels tho but non european tier2 can't usually) and when he lose he will lose 1 sf and 1 naval sf
      and yes not worth it we were arguing about if the above set is complete or not and I said that this stack is the hard counter and being very popular. Now that attack choppers need lvl 2 airbase I can't say they are the best solution. I don't like artillery vs artillery war.
      Helis will always be pretty strong due to the amount of dmg you can easily mitigate by mixing them
      right now we have like 5 different kind of helis; 4 of which deal good dmg vs ground targets
      -asw
      -gunship
      -attackheli
      -elite heli
      -officer

imo the biggest strenght of helis is their survivability
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I like to use a mix of helis, air sup, and strikes depending on what doctrine I’m playing and where I’m located. For example, in my game against France as Cuba, I studied his force composition in the newspaper and scouted his force concentrations with several UAVs days before I entered the conflict and tailored my unit composition to his. Eastern has strong gunships and standard ASF, which is what I had focused on early game. I further increased my unit quantities and got them in the air in blocking positions to hold the skies against the full French fighter wing, then used Paris once I secured it to run gunship sorties onto a French all-Infantry unit. It worked out splendidly.