Troops that nobody Mobilizes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germanico wrote:

Good luck with your reconnaissance and early defense capability. But in times of clash of clans rushes many players don’t seem to believe in those. To their detriment, as they usually find out very quickly... haha.
      CRVs are of course hardly effectual for recon, but fighting those WW1 British generals... oh how I love the sound of infantry battalions crumbling against combined arms divisions. And the no recon no defense... sit back and watch the popcorn. And both? Better than a water park.
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

Heavy bombers are useful after around Day 30 when enemies have built strongly stacked units protected by SAMs/AA. Bombers will punch through the defences and slowly cripple them, whereas strike fighters will incur heavy losses.

Right now my units are getting blasted by heavy bombers and I have no defence ;(
      I do want to hear more about that as the only use I knew for bombers was stealth ones to use cruise missiles on enemy home land cities. Abd this took TOO much time to produce
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

Heavy bombers are useful after around Day 30 when enemies have built strongly stacked units protected by SAMs/AA. Bombers will punch through the defences and slowly cripple them, whereas strike fighters will incur heavy losses.

Right now my units are getting blasted by heavy bombers and I have no defence ;(
      only takes like 1 Air supp or a few strike to take out a Heavy Bomber.. they are defensless. If anything I think Bombers are more useful early before countries get air defense going. On one med map USA bought some like Day 1 and just decimated the whole region. I was originally an ally and he turned on me; which figured so I had Air supp fighters waiting...poof...no more bombers.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

How is that going to happen? They dont have more hitpoints then a Strike Fighter...SAMS should easily crush them...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

Tom_Cruise wrote:

I do want to hear more about that as the only use I knew for bombers was stealth ones to use cruise missiles on enemy home land cities. Abd this took TOO much time to produce
      And even there why no use stealth fighters? They can launch missles the same...and i they find something usefull on the way...like helicopters they just catch it...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Tom_Cruise wrote:

And even there why no use stealth fighters? They can launch missles the same...and i they find something usefull on the way...like helicopters they just catch it...
      only 5 missiles vs 15 missile
    • Teburu wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

doesnt matter if its 5 or 15 if sam will shoot them down :D
      yes its situational u need to keep turning around the globe to get to some home land city. slightly less than icbm to get 5 but takes a lot of time too. No journal news but lvl 5 aor base? its questionable but I'm still testing on nearly closed games. Never used stealth air units on real games.
    • Last game a upcoming future enemy went AB 5 so Stealth only thing so that accelerated my battle plans to take him out as didnt want to face a force of stealth... thats why as Teburu noted.. always be scouting out cities for what they plan on producing. His AB was well out of reach so I stacked Spys in that city to at least keep knocking it back to lvl4 every day (which rarely spy on someone not at war with; but we both knew it was only a matter of days before we tangled)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• "thats why as Teburu noted.. always be scouting out cities for what they plan on producing."

It would certainly be easier to strategize if the game was limited to that. Too often I am watching a future enemy's ports, seeing that they don't even have Level 2 naval bases yet, and making my way to their cities when... surprise! Instant Level 3 ports with three Level 5 Destroyers each! Yay!
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

"thats why as Teburu noted.. always be scouting out cities for what they plan on producing."

It would certainly be easier to strategize if the game was limited to that. Too often I am watching a future enemy's ports, seeing that they don't even have Level 2 naval bases yet, and making my way to their cities when... surprise! Instant Level 3 ports with three Level 5 Destroyers each! Yay!
      I’ve done the scout-attack with the city view in a Flashpoint against France as Cuba where I saw him building a level 3 navy base and researching destroyers. I had corvettes and absolutely did not want him to challenge my command of the sea, so I ordered two corvettes to shell out the city. They absolutely leveled every single building there. It was awesome.
    • Stratieon wrote:

PerigeeNil wrote:

"thats why as Teburu noted.. always be scouting out cities for what they plan on producing."

I’ve done the scout-attack with the city view in a Flashpoint against France as Cuba where I saw him building a level 3 navy base and researching destroyers. I had corvettes and absolutely did not want him to challenge my command of the sea, so I ordered two corvettes to shell out the city. They absolutely leveled every single building there. It was awesome.
      I do that all the time ;) or airstrike inland cities. damn 10 days of builds up in smoke in a few hrs ;) A stack of 4 adv friggs and an officer can just mess up a whole coast in short order.

• abdul_the_brave wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Tom_Cruise wrote:

Who says that i only send 5 stealths? If you are into missle launching the stacksize does not matter...
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Tom_Cruise wrote:

Who says that i only send 5 stealths? If you are into missle launching the stacksize does not matter...
      I'm not sure I didn't use any air stealth units except in games nearly over with me winning. I think he problem is I'd already have a lot of sfs so I need a new unit.
      Also 2 days production for the bomber =3 missiles while 1 1/2 day for stealth sfs = 1 missile. and recruiting offices still favors bombers. Most importantly the range of bombers to get to the very far home lands
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Tom_Cruise wrote:

Stacksize, the quantity of hardpoints, and reload times matter for how many missiles can be fired.
    • EPICNOOB2.0 wrote:

Troops that i dont see people using/bothering to upgrade with. Keep in mind i am still kinda new and i have a limited view of this okay? Feel free to add on

1- Towed artillery. The one you get at the start is pretty nice imma be honest, often use it to blast insurgents and early game troops. Kinda useless later game and everyone just uses rocket launchers anyway.

2-National Guard UPGRADED PAST LEVEL 2. ng's are really nice to pad up the hp of a division but sort of useless afterwards. They suck even if u bother to upgrade them to max and that research spot could be used for other things anyway.

3-Combat recon. The starter ones are nice but nobody bothers to research them generally. If you want armored stuff just get armored fighting vehicles or tanks its much better anyway.

4- Amphibious combat tanks. People just dont seem to use them. dunno why but ppl dont use them. Then again you might as well just focus on the navy.

5-Mobile radar. Just use the damn uav instead. It reveals all and what type/how many of each troop there are, or use the AWACS for much better radar range. Not worth it in general.

6-Heavy bomber. By the time you have the air base to mobilize it your strike fighters can probably do better than it anyway.
      certain units aren't used much mostly because they're not balanced and most players lack of skill to understand how they work/for what are they useful

1 lack of top range compared to other artillery units (or rather only one top unit: MLRS), the same goes for self-propelled arty
      2 I fought many peoples using it, alto they used it wrongly - as cheap infantry, usually with strikes swarm
      3 too weak and too expensive, as land recon in mid/late game special forces are better
      4 pointless as their research is forcefully connected with standard units, no one sane will waste time and resources to double research in game about conquering cities (which is the biggest flaw of this game btw)
      5 lack of skill (coz in mid/late game they are very useful), perhaps newest changes in units visibility will change it a bit (but only a bit!)
      6 too big infrastructure requirements, not enough HP to be serious long range weapon (in old times in this game when they were used, they were almost always used as medium range infantry killers)