New game mode (more realistic world of war 3)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New game mode (more realistic world of war 3)

I was thinking in a new game mode that I think could be fun despite of being not very fair (althought it isnt fair right now because there are better countries than others).

My idea is make a map in which each country starts with a equivalent of the number of troops, research, buildings and tecnology that it has in the real world right now. For example countries like EEUU would have as many troops as almost all UE countries together or even more! Countries like kenia for example would have troops at level 1 of research and maybe not planes, just tanks and infantery. Rusia, China, EEUU and others would be real power houses and would be imposible for countries like mexico defeat EEUU alone even for a skilled player vs a noob. Countries like Spain would have a small but modern fleet, some SAMs, many tanks, and a few planes and helicopters. We could starts without nuclear weapon, ICBM and balistic missiles, having to research it and building the bombs for not being too crazy at the early game.

I think it would be a very crazy and fun setting and maybe we could put handicaps like EEUU, Rusia and China wouldnt be able of making coalition and having to play alone because of their superiority. It doesnt have to be super precise, just a estimation it wouldt need to look for country by country their precise composition of their army.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this idea could be interesting?

Sorry for the bad english.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frartan117 ().

• It certainly looks like a promising possibility, if nothing else. One problem is that people of course wouldn’t want to play lower level countries. I recommend checking out Germanico’s thread on how he developed the Able Archer scenario; it provides significant insight into this type of concept. Nonetheless, it is definitely quite interesting.
    • Stratieon wrote:

It certainly looks like a promising possibility, if nothing else. One problem is that people of course wouldn’t want to play lower level countries. I recommend checking out Germanico’s thread on how he developed the Able Archer scenario; it provides significant insight into this type of concept. Nonetheless, it is definitely quite interesting.
      I will take a look of that thread, I think people still would like play with week countries. I am spanish and despite of Spain has a not bad army is very small compared with for example French army, but still I would like to play it and see what could I do with the resources that I have and it also makes the first days of game funnier because you already start with an actual army. I can imagine big see battles in day 2 with carriers, cruisers etc.

Imagine somebody that take Mexico and knows that is going to loose again EEUU, he could ask for help to another countries and they could help him because everybody start with some ships depending on what country is yours. I think you could make more true diplomatics relations starting with an actual army. Maybe we could give some incentives to play countries like Kenia for example giving them a more numerous infantery army than they actually have, I think playing with a big but primitive army would be fun.

MrBookShelf wrote:

The game is very lacking of diplomacy option to help small country survive which could be alternate way of defend like hoi4
      I think it is the opposite, it would need more diplomacy now. If people has formed armies they can help other countries apart from themselves, for example Mexico need diplomacy to survive again EEUU and defeating EEUU would be convenient for countries like France, Spain, south american countries (etc). So probably we would see fall in the first days the stronger countries.
    • Hmm idk doesnt seem that appealing to me having already pre build armies; half of the fun of CON is building up your army from scratch

also:
      -such a gamemode would probably need a grace period; seeing how otherwise the neighbours to these big countries are pretty much a throw
      - nation selection would have to be random; otherwise there is literally no reason to join after x amount of slots is filled (x being the amount of countries that actually start with a decent army)

tbh sounds like RP game with extra steps

Frartan117 wrote:

would be imposible for countries like mexico defeat EEUU alone even for a skilled player vs a noob
      haha you overestimate the players in publics; they will send everything they have as an overstackd convoi right into ppls fleet
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Hmm idk doesnt seem that appealing to me having already pre build armies; half of the fun of CON is building up your army from scratch

also:
      -such a gamemode would probably need a grace period; seeing how otherwise the neighbours to these big countries are pretty much a throw
      - nation selection would have to be random; otherwise there is literally no reason to join after x amount of slots is filled (x being the amount of countries that actually start with a decent army)

tbh sounds like RP game with extra steps

Frartan117 wrote:

would be imposible for countries like mexico defeat EEUU alone even for a skilled player vs a noob
      haha you overestimate the players in publics; they will send everything they have as an overstackd convoi right into ppls fleet
      For me the funnier part is how to use your units, anybody can build an army but not everybody know how to use their units well. Also I would like having tha chance of using a real balanced army. In all games that I play people use to focus in a specific field like making planes but not helicopters or focusing in earth army but not building ships, it is normal because you dont have nought time to research everything. We could use units that people dont usually use like anphibits vehicles.

We could put a grace period as you say and maybe balancing weak countris agromerating some of them. For example making center Africa a 1 or 2 countries (we could call the country "Third world xDDD) or putting all balcans countries together (logic unions based good relations in real world or in shared interest). Maybe we could Spain and Portugal together also. Or we can just make not playable the weakest countries and they are controled by IA.

Also this game mode could be perfect to newbies to learn how each unit works.

Personally I think this game needs almost a game mode more focus in the army tactics than the economy starting with a balanced and good army.

Kalrakh wrote:

There is a similar map: Able Archer, there they already did it for the NATO vs UdSSR conflict if I remember correctly

But such a map offers low income for high level of effort
      I didnt play that map, maybe I wast here yet. I think my idea could be funny but who knows.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frartan117 ().

• Frartan117 wrote:

For me the funnier part is how to use your units, anybody can build an army but not everybody know how to use their units well. Also I would like having tha chance of using a real balanced army. In all games that I play people use to focus in a specific field like making planes but not helicopters or focusing in earth army but not building ships, it is normal because you dont have nought time to research everything. We could use units that people dont usually use like anphibits vehicles.
      thats because all ppl ever do is max one or two units :D

Frartan117 wrote:

not really; people would just be overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of stuff... I'd argue that building up from scratch helps more with learning stuff

all in all im still not a fan of this idea
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Frartan117 wrote:

We could put a grace period as you say and maybe balancing weak countris agromerating some of them. For example making center Africa a 1 or 2 countries (we could call the country "Third world xDDD) or putting all balcans countries together (logic unions based good relations in real world or in shared interest). Maybe we could Spain and Portugal together also. Or we can just make not playable the weakest countries and they are controled by IA.

Personally I think this game needs almost a game mode more focus in the army tactics than the economy starting with a balanced and good army.
      so u mean a tactic only mode? okay I think normal mode is still better is its up to you to choose tactical play or not. What units do you research? some help tactical play some don't.
      Even throw history I was just watching this video
      . The winner had less troops and less technology but he had the tactical army (Very fast knights ).
      in real life if u r limited in resources or political power u have to make ur decisions wisely.

I think investing of artillery vs tanks is a good example with artillery being more tactical (for me I can't stand artillery ).
      Another example choppers being more tactical than strike fighters and asfs being more tactical than regular aa.
      you pick what suits u.

Frartan117 wrote:

Assuming u play the super powers right?
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

Frartan117 wrote:

so u mean a tactic only mode? okay I think normal mode is still better is its up to you to choose tactical play or not. What units do you research? some help tactical play some don't.Even throw history I was just watching this video
      . The winner had less troops and less technology but he had the tactical army (Very fast knights ).
      in real life if u r limited in resources or political power u have to make ur decisions wisely.

I think investing of artillery vs tanks is a good example with artillery being more tactical (for me I can't stand artillery ).
      Another example choppers being more tactical than strike fighters and asfs being more tactical than regular aa.
      you pick what suits u.

Frartan117 wrote:

Assuming u play the super powers right?
      Not only playing super powers, any decent country has a varied army, Spain for example its not a super power and has planes, helicopters, artillery, tanks, special forces and even a small fleet with a carrier. Most countries dont have only tanks and infantery except for the shittest ones. Even Morrocco has decent army but maybe a bit obsolete. Maybe we could nerf a bit EEUU for being more fair.

I want to see the battles of this youtube channel happens, this is what I want:

Yes helicopters are more tactical than strike fighters, but in some situation planes are more adequate. For example planes can give a fasters answer for an invasion. I would like to chose what "tool" , I tnink is better for each situation instead of just having to buy 2-5 tools and having to use them for everything.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

most african countries don't. usa&russia start with icbm?
      and I wouldn't argue about the difference between strategy and tactics. but a good estimate of where u need ur troops most is an important aspect that I can't master so I play strikes instead of helios.
      As I say before in Africa we could put some countries together as only one to make it more fair or putting them controled by the IA. Countries would starts without atomic bombs, without atomic bombs research and without ICBM and balistic missiles research. If not it would be crazy.