Argentina Strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Argentina Strategy

First time playing with S American country so any tips from forum crew are welcome.

Brazil joined up with big boy coalition (France; russia; USA; Canada Brazil always seems the big countries go 1st and they form coalition which usually falls apart... like how does that coalition help Russia?) so trying to gather some S American countries (Peru; Columbia; Venz) and surround Brazil before Canada / USA take out mexico and n America and move down here.

Should be able to play with normal mix of Air and Navy. may build up a bit but planning on taking this little country between me and brazil... dont want him right on my capital.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • That works pretty well overall; I recommend trying to ally with Chile if possible, then getting the troops up to the North for war with Brazil. A strong force concentration there and a decent surround on Brazil should be enough to knock it out. Trying to take down a nation, it’s always good to protect your own borders and give your coalition members that same security. Solid ASF-Strike groups in the air plus some initial corvettes will give air superiority and command of the sea, maybe with a few TDs and AFVs also and standard European mechanized. That should be excellent for taking out Brazil and smoothly continuing up North to take out the rest of the big coalition. A dynamic attack will be essential to prevent the superpowers from concentrating their forces, but once this is done, victory is virtually assured.
    • The problem with Patagonian delta is that its a big ass flat highland off to the Atlantic Coast while the Andes blocks Pacific coast. Its basically too large and too exposed. Heavy Air presence is recommended, Argentine may invest in Strikers (Naval Strikers), Destroyers+ Frigates(Cruiser is optional), AA, Marines+Spec Ops+ ACV (AFV is the same) for the ground comp. Remember, Argentine needs to dispatch her force as fast as possible, being at the southern most of the planet does discourage you from fast mobilizing a lot.
    • yeah taking out brazil .. wasnt planning big day 2 war .. but idiot blindly sent 2 stacks apeice to paraguay and uraguy which I took well before him... then he must have done same thing to the 2 auto cities to his north so now country is wide open ;) luckily I had 1 mighty corvette Navy at mouth of river just in time and caught a lot of transports.. wasnt going to let targets go by...lol

Just working up the coast .. damn jungles and mtn make slow go in middle of S America ;(

Aligned for now with chile and bolivia (back is covered for now but see how active they are)as knew had to take out brazil (USA; France; Russia; Canada; brazil ) coalition plus think they have mexico as a friendly 6th. so didnt want them flying down here.

Had to lay down alot of logistics to get through terrain till can build more airbases to fly out of the bush. Basically will have to play in reverse as S America usually last stop at end of a game for me.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Indochina Union wrote:

The problem with Patagonian delta is that its a big ass flat highland off to the Atlantic Coast while the Andes blocks Pacific coast. Its basically too large and too exposed. Heavy Air presence is recommended, Argentine may invest in Strikers (Naval Strikers), Destroyers+ Frigates(Cruiser is optional), AA, Marines+Spec Ops+ ACV (AFV is the same) for the ground comp. Remember, Argentine needs to dispatch her force as fast as possible, being at the southern most of the planet does discourage you from fast mobilizing a lot.
      yep .. big on air anyways... was going to go AFV like i did last game in morroco; but this terrain is too slow (will take 2 days to drive to front) need to ramp up air game. bad part western doc and Strike not unlocked till day 3. Strike Fighters and Friggs my bread and butter; may mix in some Air Infantry which never used before?

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Indochina Union wrote:

The problem with Patagonian delta is that its a big ass flat highland off to the Atlantic Coast while the Andes blocks Pacific coast. Its basically too large and too exposed. Heavy Air presence is recommended, Argentine may invest in Strikers (Naval Strikers), Destroyers+ Frigates(Cruiser is optional), AA, Marines+Spec Ops+ ACV (AFV is the same) for the ground comp. Remember, Argentine needs to dispatch her force as fast as possible, being at the southern most of the planet does discourage you from fast mobilizing a lot.
      yep .. big on air anyways... was going to go AFV like i did last game in morroco; but this terrain is too slow (will take 2 days to drive to front) need to ramp up air game. bad part western doc and Strike not unlocked till day 3. Strike Fighters and Friggs my bread and butter; may mix in some Air Infantry which never used before?
      yes; Western favors marines, airborne, special forces, AFV, ASFs, and attack helis.
    • yeah these huge jungle prov are brutal; 1.5 days to get across two prov. even worse with level 1 troops and zero speed on enemy territory.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Ill tell u what S america is way under balanced on Rare Material...ok day 5 started with 6 cities and have taken 10 so total 16 cities. and of the 10 cities taken not a one has Rare Material.

Normally dont chase certain cities and end of day evens out but damn have:

5 Supplies ; 3 comp; 3 elec; 4 gas; 1 Rare (my original)
      yes have figured out sell supplies and buy others... but S america seems way out of balance compared to other areas. and very few prov resources too....guess we are just poor jungle boys down here ;(

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Another Note: Giant Rivers that cut across 90 pct of continent .. SUCK!!

Between the Amazon Branches and a 3 branch big river in Argentina it makes travel even more tedious like the mtns and rain forest weren't enough ;)

They should let you build bridges .. yes I get you can build two pontoons but that is two builds plus embark / disembark times.

Suggestions: BRIDGES PLEASE

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Another Note: Giant Rivers that cut across 90 pct of continent .. SUCK!!

Between the Amazon Branches and a 3 branch big river in Argentina it makes travel even more tedious like the mtns and rain forest weren't enough ;)

They should let you build bridges .. yes I get you can build two pontoons but that is two builds plus embark / disembark times.

Suggestions: BRIDGES PLEASE
      yes I don't like brazile due to those nasty nasty nasty nasty rivers
    • Day 11 Update: well once got through brazil made easy work of Venz; Costa Rica ; Columbia. Leading the game with 41 Cities and VPS . Have about 90 pct of S America and coalition cleaning up n america.

Next choice is where to head ... I almost finished continent too fast as Africa (which is closest cont threat) is still unsettled. I am usually not a sit and wait guy but think might wait a few days to let some countries knock each other off... hate to jump over there and then get engaged with 3 - 5 countries all intermingled.

The Super powers (France; Russia; USA; Brazil; Canada) coalition collapsed as they normally do. So we are about tied for #1 Coalition with a big Iran/India/afgan/russia/ saudi (coalition) but most those countries shouldnt have too much navy.

Resource Note: Most of Argentina and Brazil is way heavy on supplies and hd been scrounging for components and rare. Guess game really stereo types regions on lck of technology..lol So as a by product with supplies out the wazoo ... I am ammassing a fleet of Corvettes as only thing that doesnt require components .... which need for my strike fighters. Still building Friggs but damn I have like 7 Corvettes but when you look at the stats as long as I dont engage in deep seas... a stack of 3 corvettes = 60 HP with 15HP damage ; which would sink a single Destroyer @ 40 HP / 8 HP damage. really 2 could hold off would be close 40 HP and 10 HP damage v 40 HP and 8 HP.

I have never built more than 1 or 2 just until I have Friggs or officer going. But with such massive surplus of supplies they are basically just bonus Units to build. plus now can pick up subs ...... they will be my NGs of the sea. small in stature but mighty in #....lol