Doesn't Play Well With Others

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JonDoe101 wrote:

I also have the same attitude being OCD, and would like to see something done about the inconsistency of patchy conquered maps in coalitions, maybe an option for coalition leaders to remap territory distribution somehow.

However, I recently had a game with a top player that changed my attitude about this a bit. I got mad that I had put in the leg work for an invasion and they had gone ahead and swept up a lot of territory I earned, including cities. This player told me the sole objective when playing in a coalition is to collect as many victory points as possible, as quick as possible. It doesn't matter who has the victory points or how the map looks, as long as the coalition wins.

If we are speaking in terms of game mechanics, this player was right, and our coalition still won.
      Well at the certain point i dont care anymore. This is the point where a have neough resources to

1. run my war factory in all main cities at 24/7
      2. Do the research without waitign for resources
      3. build an airport wherever i need it without waiting for resoruces.

if i have this point of wealth i dont care what my coalition members loot. I am even happy ecause it safes me some clicks...in the end I hunt for kills in my statistic!
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • JonDoe101 wrote:

I also have the same attitude being OCD, and would like to see something done about the inconsistency of patchy conquered maps in coalitions, maybe an option for coalition leaders to remap territory distribution somehow.

However, I recently had a game with a top player that changed my attitude about this a bit. I got mad that I had put in the leg work for an invasion and they had gone ahead and swept up a lot of territory I earned, including cities. This player told me the sole objective when playing in a coalition is to collect as many victory points as possible, as quick as possible. It doesn't matter who has the victory points or how the map looks, as long as the coalition wins.

If we are speaking in terms of game mechanics, this player was right, and our coalition still won.
      This conclusion is broadly accurate, but the approach apparently decried here is sometimes pursuant to that overall goal. There are many additional reasons for this, but I’ll focus on the primary and, as it seems to me, most obvious one. Sure, a patchwork map in securely conquered territory isn’t inherently negative, but it can be when fighting. If the map “looks patchwork” against a peer adversary coalition, operations would be interrupted by significantly coordination-action delays regarding construction. It also takes time for coalition members to run around grabbing land and province racing for extra VP when clear demarcation could be easily established. This could also ensure prevention of various other inefficiencies arising from unnecessary duplication of effort.
    • Teburu wrote:

Anikitos wrote:

In my experience the best alliances are those where player's armies complement each other. There is no reason for every player to invest in TDS, or SAM. There is no reason for all 3 to invest in bombers, or tanks. Or marines, or spec ops. Or radar, etc, etc,

Figuring out early enough the research tree and responsibility makes a strong alliance, but it also forces all members to work together, and more or less equally split the spoils.
      when playing with random ppl you might as well play solo :D
      That is so true. Sigh... if only there was a solid and consistent group of players I could depend on.
      If it looks stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If it looks stupid, it works, and it is also dangerous as hell, it is Russian.

• For me it is about respect. If you decide to join a coalition you need to respect your coalition leader. If he is a good "leader" he will listen and communicate and will not come off as an arrogant "know it all" , even if he really does know it all :) . The ONLY goal is to WIN the game. Some teammates are beneficial in achieving that goal and some are not so good and even detrimental to the team. Its about managing the people and the game. Not easy but its crucial and very fun. There is a solution for everything :)
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

JonDoe101 wrote:

..in the end I hunt for kills in my statistic!

Hell, I thought DAO70 was murderously efficient against AI opponents, you are downright Mass Murdering Serial Killer Psychotically efficient!!!
      I am like a newborn kitten vs AI by comparison.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD