Trying to have peace with everyone: thoughts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trying to have peace with everyone: thoughts?

I often send out peace offerings to all the countries surrounding me on the first day, which obviously goes against the very goal of the game. However, since I like a slow start, I generally find that doing this (provided they accept of course) is very helpful for me. What do you think?
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Its been my experience that people who talk big on CON early usually end up putting targets on their back. Only time I do any "smack talking" on CON is if want to get an enemy on Tilt as people do silly things when mad. Like Rocky 3 have them come in and swing themselves out and pick them apart instead of going full speed at them. Or if I have a weaker coalition partner I want that "Bully" mad at me and attack me instead of Allies.

But in general Ill scope out players surrounding area and ideally make allies with best players in area and guard my back and attack the weaker players or wait for them to attack. Ill put out a "Ad" for active experienced players to Join Coalition on CON but just once. See some people so desperate asking people to join them every 5 min. But if you make peace with everyone.. know one to attack...lol
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

that's ur style but I always try to make the best show on new paper and talk big This make them think many times before attacking.
      Abdul's approach is mine as well. I'm not a "rusher", but I'm a fast starter. I hit the leader board hard in the first couple of days. This lets everyone know that you're active, and you're there to play. That has both the positive effect that Abdul mentioned (makes some people think twice before attacking), and the negative effect of attracting a lot of attention (people set their crosshairs on you).

Your approach is a valid one, though, @737373elj, and it's sometimes the best one. If you're starting out in a country that's overshadowed by larger, more powerful nations, and you're someone who likes to take their time building up anyway, then your peace approach could certainly be your best option. Also, if you're a larger, more powerful nation, sending out a peace message may put your neighbors at ease and convince them to let you build in peace for awhile rather than taking the risk of confronting you.

Basically, the best indicator of whether or not it's a "good strategy" will be whether or not it works for you. If you find that it generally works out the way you want it to, then there's no problem with it. If you keep trying it and it keeps failing, then you may need to reevaluate your approach.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

that's ur style but I always try to make the best show on new paper and talk big This make them think many times before attacking.
      see but I'd use your talk on Paper against you.

even if no where near me Id be propping you up to all your neighbors as a threat that need to be taken out ASAP in PMs. "Hey look out for Abdul .. check his profile and I played one map with him really aggressive bully type that will buy a win as gold buyers always talk tough like that (doesnt matter if true or not...lol). If you and France let him get going he will take you guys out ASAP. Its better to knock players like that down early or you regret it after its too late. I wish I was closer to help you guys .. good luck and maybe we can work together later on to take him down. "

You just made it easy for me to paint you as # 1 bad guy on map and take the target off me ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• I usually play with super countries with massive army (even when I made a random account I got usa,russia and brazile !!!!).
      Me proving to be strong some will join me (hoping of win or fear) and I can afford to destroy the rest.
      for example with usa if canada is on my side it's quite easy to use ur army (with such massive production to destroy mexico, cuba)
      russia is even better at this (playing against most of europe alone .

I meant by the news paper that I try to prove myself having army stronger than reality
      for example usually u can have a single airborne / tank unit try to maximize their news shows and u will seem to have a massive army.

I learned this from a flash point map with ukraine expanding he did that using single units artillery,tanks all types of air (he was gldy so he could research all to lvl 1 and produce this unit)
      and he was frightening and we didn't attack him when we should. I had to produce aa for his helios first and he didn't have any but one. And my partner went afk later so had to archive .
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

I meant by the news paper that I try to prove myself having army stronger than reality
      for example usually u can have a single airborne / tank unit try to maximize their news shows and u will seem to have a massive army.

I learned this from a flash point map with ukraine expanding he did that using single units artillery,tanks all types of air (he was gldy so he could research all to lvl 1 and produce this unit)
      and he was frightening and we didn't attack him when we should. I had to produce aa for his helios first and he didn't have any but one. And my partner went afk later so had to archive .
      This is smart. I do check CoN news to see what kinds of units a player is and isn't using. I never thought to CREATE units specifically to create fake news about my forces.
    • well you could also just hide what types of troops you have .. by finishing off with odd troops. Like attack with a AFV and spec ops or something and right before defeated could finish it off with a second inf/NG stack and no one knows about primary stack.

This would be more efficeint than creating extra stuff to deceive. Personally Id rather hid my stregth or types of units and surprise them then advertise it. Example if I see a country all defeating opponents with strike fighters ... Im upping my Air supp or very least number/lvl of strike and maybe AA. But if he knocked a unit down to say 10 pct straight than just finished off with inf as far as i know inf took the whole battle. (what ever unit / stack takes out last unit of enemy stack gets "credit" for the kill on CON).

Same with ever researching Chem/Nukes (only on apocolyse so far) but I timed research to finish right before midnight. Cant stay out of CON but a lot of people dont scroll back to previous days so will only be on current day newspaper for a short time.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

well you could also just hide what types of troops you have .. by finishing off with odd troops. Like attack with a AFV and spec ops or something and right before defeated could finish it off with a second inf/NG stack and no one knows about primary stack.

This would be more efficeint than creating extra stuff to deceive. Personally Id rather hid my stregth or types of units and surprise them then advertise it. Example if I see a country all defeating opponents with strike fighters ... Im upping my Air supp or very least number/lvl of strike and maybe AA. But if he knocked a unit down to say 10 pct straight than just finished off with inf as far as i know inf took the whole battle. (what ever unit / stack takes out last unit of enemy stack gets "credit" for the kill on CON).

Same with ever researching Chem/Nukes (only on apocolyse so far) but I timed research to finish right before midnight. Cant stay out of CON but a lot of people dont scroll back to previous days so will only be on current day newspaper for a short time.
      buildings are usually a dead giveaway tho
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • oh for sure.... I see a Navy 3 or advanced airbase pop up near by they move up the target list real quick. But not sure most even check out city builds. at very least I check area periodically to see who is has any activity going on.

• abdul_the_brave wrote:

I usually play with super countries with massive army (even when I made a random account I got usa,russia and brazile !!!!).
      Me proving to be strong some will join me (hoping of win or fear) and I can afford to destroy the rest.
      for example with usa if canada is on my side it's quite easy to use ur army (with such massive production to destroy mexico, cuba)
      russia is even better at this (playing against most of europe alone .

Supermassive countries are easier to take down in the early game though due to their lower relative force concentrations being spread over a wide area, enabling a defeat in detail by nearby smaller countries concentration their smaller force against a small portion of the larger enemy force. Also, the battalion vs division categorization makes it easy to discern that sort of inflated force image projection. I don’t use any AA unless I’m Europe since it has abysmal overall performance, working in too many areas and doing well at none. Instead, I use ASFs when possible with Western and Eastern doctrine, as they even have the added advantage of more rapid initial production, requiring only air base level one and arms industry, so only 9-10 hours depending on morale to get the first one mobilized, so an ASF coming off before midday Day 2. I do the opposite and use the CoN news to figure out who to tackle first and how to tackle them; e.g. seeing France has ASFs, so buffing and producing ASFs for myself as Cuba and upgrading and mobilizing gunships against his mechanized infantry. With only so much research space available, the best army in the game stands no chance against a custom-built counter army designed specifically to take them down.
    • Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

well you could also just hide what types of troops you have .. by finishing off with odd troops. Like attack with a AFV and spec ops or something and right before defeated could finish it off with a second inf/NG stack and no one knows about primary stack.

yeb that's why I always have lvl 3 army base (while I don't use artillery I need lvl 2 for tanks ) just to seem I have artillery.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

yeb that's why I always have lvl 3 army base (while I don't use artillery I need lvl 2 for tanks ) just to seem I have artillery.
      Level 3 Awell you could also just hide what types of troops you have .. by finishing off with odd troops. Like attack with a AFV and spec ops or something and right before defeated could finish it off with a second inf/NG stack and no one knows about primary stack.

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Level 3 Army Base doesn’t mean tanks.
    • Stratieon wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Level 3 Awell you could also just hide what types of troops you have .. by finishing off with odd troops. Like attack with a AFV and spec ops or something and right before defeated could finish it off with a second inf/NG stack and no one knows about primary stack.

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Level 3 Army Base doesn’t mean tanks.
      it means artillery or sams if no airport in city....
      I mean i go tanks the extra lvl on one of my army bases is just a delusion .