Corvette update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my main thing anti corvette is the high supply cost; which hinders research.

yeah i build 1 - 2 early as best you can get at time and good port blockers of early suicides; but after that I save my supplies for researching 2 items at time if possible. maybe if they leveled out the cost between components and supplies. but wil have to check out advanced research capabilities.. as dont think ever upgraded a corvette ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

my main thing anti corvette is the high supply cost; which hinders research.

yeah i build 1 - 2 early as best you can get at time and good port blockers of early suicides; but after that I save my supplies for researching 2 items at time if possible. maybe if they leveled out the cost between components and supplies. but wil have to check out advanced research capabilities.. as dont think ever upgraded a corvette ;)
      Indeed. I normally don’t build much navy, and I never invest in cruisers or carriers since they are so expensive; nonetheless, gainst any nation with a coast and without a navy... fruit ripe for the picking. However, the best use of corvettes seems to me to be in Flashpoints, where I almost always play Cuba and barely need to research anything until mid-late game (before then, I only do five researches). Since nobody has a navy and almost everybody has a coast in Flashpoints, a few corvettes can wreak havoc against a characteristically unprepared enemy. The only exception to this, though, is an ingenious counter of stacking artillery in or near coastal cities, sometimes just out of view or radar range, and running them in to hit ships shelling from the coast. I’m in a Flashpoint endgame right now, cleaning up the AI nations, and I’m considering upgrading my corvs to be better prepared for when the AI dumps its ships into the sea for my waiting ships to have their feasts.