Wildly wrong damage on Stealth Strike fighter attack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wildly wrong damage on Stealth Strike fighter attack

I just did an attack with my single stealth strike fighter on a single National Guard and took 12.7 damage. Almost half my hp!
      The single National Guard unit took 7.4 damage.
      I used the Attack command and not Patrol so I wouldn't attack more than one unit/stack but there were no other enemy units around anyway.
      The log says the attack was against a National Guard Battalion only. Very frustrating. I went through alot to get and build the stealth strike fighter and now it is useless?
      Game 2987195
      I am playing Mongolia and performed the attack against Greece on Day 27 12:14:17.
      Please review this, fix this bug and give me back my hp if possible.
    • Wait. I see now that there were Frigates in the area and the attack on the National Guard unit probably took place inside the Frigates AA envelope. Is it possible that my stealth strike fighter was visible the moment of the attack and was hit by the Frigates AA? This must be it. But isn't the Frigates AA on the timer? If the Frigates hit my stealth strike fighter that would be more like point defense, but again, I did an attack and not a Patrol Attack
    • This is why I love frigates ;) and I always shield my troops assaulting ports will get air established in that country for this exact reason. Love when someone sends some aircraft in thinking going to knock my troops back into sea just for them to be surprised with 5 frigates firing on them. Best engagement this guy must have had a grossly over stacked squad of air supp that was dinged up. As I think had a 2 AA on the ground plus 5 friggs. didnt even know he was coming and shot down 7 planes in one attack run. (as overstack slows speed got him coming and going).

So it sounds like Stealth fighters really not worth all the research and Airbase 5. For all that cost could build 5 normal strike fighters. And in future patrol seems a better option till you know what is below you. I generally patrol any plane to edge of what I can pick up in a city; this would have allowed you to pick up the friggs on radar if not see them line of site prior to attack and could have backed away and/or attack them first instead on the NG. Stealth is suppossed to allow you to be sneaky and not just rush in.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

This is why I love frigates ;) and I always shield my troops assaulting ports will get air established in that country for this exact reason. Love when someone sends some aircraft in thinking going to knock my troops back into sea just for them to be surprised with 5 frigates firing on them. Best engagement this guy must have had a grossly over stacked squad of air supp that was dinged up. As I think had a 2 AA on the ground plus 5 friggs. didnt even know he was coming and shot down 7 planes in one attack run. (as overstack slows speed got him coming and going).

So it sounds like Stealth fighters really not worth all the research and Airbase 5. For all that cost could build 5 normal strike fighters. And in future patrol seems a better option till you know what is below you. I generally patrol any plane to edge of what I can pick up in a city; this would have allowed you to pick up the friggs on radar if not see them line of site prior to attack and could have backed away and/or attack them first instead on the NG. Stealth is suppossed to allow you to be sneaky and not just rush in.
      but... they're fancy :D
      also dont underestimate additional damage mitigation^^
      I am The Baseline for opinions