Where are the amphibious warfare ships?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where are the amphibious warfare ships?

I've been thinking and doing research, and I've wondered where are the amphibious warfare ships. I find it very cool if there was a ship that could transport marines, tanks, armored fighting vehicles, amphibious combat vehicles, armored recon vehicles, and towed and mobile artillery, and land it and provide it with air support. But of course there would have to be a limit, like one division per ship, and since this isn't and aircraft carrier, a small air wing, like 4 squadrons of strike aircraft. I mean ships like the Wasp-class, America-class, and Mistral-class.
      "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
      -General George S. Patton
    • just mix everything you said into an stack and a taskforce.. but can only atack with a marine and amphibian assault vehicle.. once take a prov.. build a pontoon and bring rest in. how in hell would any towed or moblie artillery be useful in battle till you established a territory they would shoot from a ship.. not too mention in your fantasy STACK WHAT WOULD PROVIDE AIR COVER BEFORE HIT SHORE.

Let me help you

A. hit shore with a navy stack preferably heavy frig (ie thats your air cover and takes out port defenses)

b. then land what ever you want ... heck after i smash port via bombardment and fend off air with frig AA id could land all NG units.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• This is definitely an interesting idea, at least with considerable merit for use in a specialized unique game mode. In implementation, it would be similar to an aircraft carrier transport with a built-in pontoon, at least filling an interesting role at the coincidence of three areas of focus, one implicit and unarticulated. I would give it similar stats to an aircraft carrier being based on them both in game and in real life, with appropriate reductions in certain areas. In order to preserve balanced gameplay, instead of Amphibious Assault type class, I would make the ship more like a pontoon-equipped aircraft carrier enabling rapid bridging while implementing a flow control method similar to missile launch platform reload times; e.g. 5 battalions can pass through the pontoon of the ship per 12 hours and it takes 1-2 hours to lower the landing bridge. Level 1 ships get 3 squadrons, with an additional squadron capacity per level like aircraft carriers. Overall, this would still not be a viable addition to standard gameplay, a solid it would nullify the strategic importance of ports, which is currently a barrier only passable by explicitly amphibious forces. Nonetheless, I conclude it would indeed by an interesting addition to specialized game modes.
    • Stratieon wrote:

This is definitely an interesting idea, at least with considerable merit for use in a specialized unique game mode. In implementation, it would be similar to an aircraft carrier transport with a built-in pontoon, at least filling an interesting role at the coincidence of three areas of focus, one implicit and unarticulated. I would give it similar stats to an aircraft carrier being based on them both in game and in real life, with appropriate reductions in certain areas. In order to preserve balanced gameplay, instead of Amphibious Assault type class, I would make the ship more like a pontoon-equipped aircraft carrier enabling rapid bridging while implementing a flow control method similar to missile launch platform reload times; e.g. 5 battalions can pass through the pontoon of the ship per 12 hours and it takes 1-2 hours to lower the landing bridge. Level 1 ships get 3 squadrons, with an additional squadron capacity per level like aircraft carriers. Overall, this would still not be a viable addition to standard gameplay, a solid it would nullify the strategic importance of ports, which is currently a barrier only passable by explicitly amphibious forces. Nonetheless, I conclude it would indeed by an interesting addition to specialized game modes.
      this is interesting it might even need the regular carrier as a prerequisite ( like frigate and covve ).
      It might also be a seasonal unit.