Increase reload time MLRS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Increase reload time MLRS

As we know, in the game there are no chances for self-propelled guns to defeat a player in MLRS, there is no balance.

In real life, self-propelled guns are recharged by feeding a projectile into the gun’s barrel, this can be done without stopping.

MLRS reloading requires a long time and the support of personnel and an additional machine

I propose an idea, with an increase in the reload time of the MLRS for balance and the ability to play on self-propelled guns.
    • wont happen; all melee and ranged units have a combat tick once an hour
      while mrls might be the king of the arty game but:
      - they are extremly vulnerable with their 20HP
      - they are extremly expensive (both in research, requirements, and mobilization cost)

Fighting mrls with MA and loosing is like trying to fight mechanized inf with motorized and then complaining
      That being said with MA you have 2 advantages over MRLs:
      - numbers
      - HP
      given the right terrain/circumstances you'll catch them as they cant run away for ever

side note: if you go for mobile artillery ofc you should plan ahead on how you deal with MRLs once you have to face them cuz you have some significant disadvantages in the arty battle tho that being said there is more than just artillery; maybe make use of more than only a handful of units next time? :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Taras wrote:

Apparently in Phantoms they are poorly taught to play the game if they do not understand how much the MLRS does not have balance.
      u know lvl 4 make it enter the field late (I mean in sufficient numbers). So the mrls player had a harder time to get to this point).
      Also use attack choppers to smash it. he have low health and you will trade very cost efficiently even if u lose some attack helios.

I don't use mrls except in one sided games.

And u suggest mrls are overpowered so why don't u use them? u can't waste ur research on such expensive infra structure and research?

The real drawback of mobile artillery I see is that it adopted the new game design with cost increase in all lvl not only tier change which is horrible.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

The real drawback of mobile artillery I see is that it adopted the new game design with cost increase in all lvl not only tier change which is horrible.
      I believe germanico has once said that they'll aim to bring this to all units

Taras wrote:

Apparently in Phantoms they are poorly taught to play the game if they do not understand how much the MLRS does not have balance.
      What has PK to do with this :D

and no a nerf to reload wouldn't make MA able to take on MRLs
      because there are 2 important factors in the arty vs arty matchup:
      - range (obviously)
      - speed
      so with a reload nerf it would just take them longer to kill MA; the MA would still not be able to do so

the Matchup MA vs MRL is as fair as towed vs MA ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Teburu ().

• if they dont have sams with it.. take out with air/missiles.

Personally not sure why it lets someone stack 9 MRLS together with no stack penalty. that needs to be lowered to like 5. would solve a lot of issues. you cant stack 9 planes or ships etc
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

if they dont have sams with it.. take out with air/missiles.

Personally not sure why it lets someone stack 9 MRLS together with no stack penalty. that needs to be lowered to like 5. would solve a lot of issues. you cant stack 9 planes or ships etc
      9 mrls stacked will be an easy target for any air unit tho :D

there is no point in adjusting stacking limit according to unit type; COW does this and its utterly confusing
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Ten actually, iirc, although a smaller stacking limit or more severe stacking penalties would definitely be good to prevent sixteen-unit doom stacks.
    • Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

9 mrls stacked will be an easy target for any air unit tho :D
      there is no point in adjusting stacking limit according to unit type; COW does this and its utterly confusing
      Few people stack pure MRLS max stack; normally there’s organic or nearby AA and direct action units. What I think buckeye was saying is to lower the stacking limits on all ground units to 5, not just MRLS; in fact, instead of having it different for unit type, this would actually align and equate all stacking limits, which are currently different for different unit types (land vs sea and air.)
    • Taras wrote:

Do you really know, who the Phantoms are?

We are undefeated for a reason.

We have defeated MRL with MAs and Cruiser with Destroyers.

Both units are superior in their stats, but because of their higher requirements, they are also more limited in numbers.

@Stratieon

And limiting the stacking limit of ground units to five would make air units far to superior.
    • Taras wrote:

Balance doesn’t mean that all units in the game have equal stats or will tie in a 1v1. It refers to the general equilibrium when considering all playable units and their place in the meta. This comment is like calling someone bad at math if they say that that a level scale with a few heavy weights on one side and several small weights on the other side is balanced by holding that the heavier weights are tipping the scales. #adhominem and faulty logic.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Taras wrote:

Do you really know, who the Phantoms are?
      We are undefeated for a reason.

We have defeated MRL with MAs and Cruiser with Destroyers.

Both units are superior in their stats, but because of their higher requirements, they are also more limited in numbers.

@Stratieon

And limiting the stacking limit of ground units to five would make air units far to superior.
      Indeed. @Taras makes the mistake of reducing a multidimensional issue to a point; there are two factors to consider, not one. If you have equal numbers of units where one has better stats, the one with better stats will of course win. However, requirements definitely preclude production and form a high barrier to entry.

As for a stacking limit of five for ground units, that could of course be balanced, although there could also simply be more severe stacking penalties to solve the same problem.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

@Teburu

Comparing MRL vs MA with MA vs Towed is not even slightly reasonable.

Toweds stand not chance in any regard, there is no way to defeat MA with Towed, while MA can outmass MRL with their costs and HP
      Technically not entirely accurate; there is almost always an exceptional situation in which a victory of Towed over MA could be effected, although of course that chance is indeed quite minimal and virtually incomparable to MA vs MRL.
    • Stratieon wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

@Teburu

Toweds stand not chance in any regard, there is no way to defeat MA with Towed, while MA can outmass MRL with their costs and HP
      Technically not entirely accurate; there is almost always an exceptional situation in which a victory of Towed over MA could be effected, although of course that chance is indeed quite minimal and virtually incomparable to MA vs MRL.
      I mean, I the only chance of victory is: artillery player is blind and moves without any precaution, so you can harrass him without getting shot back, I do not really consider it for reasonable situation to bet on. Even more because still standing troops now seem to fire immediately back, even though they are unable to see you.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

@Teburu

I mean, I the only chance of victory is: artillery player is blind and moves without any precaution, so you can harrass him without getting shot back, I do not really consider it for reasonable situation to bet on. Even more because still standing troops now seem to fire immediately back, even though they are unable to see you.
      That would definitely require superb kiting, but I’m referring to having more Towed then MA and possibly air assaulting them, perhaps even directly on top of the MA.
    • Stratieon wrote:

That would definitely require superb kiting, but I’m referring to having more Towed then MA and possibly air assaulting them, perhaps even directly on top of the MA.
      You can't kite with a unit, that is much slower and has more limited range.

Perhaps in the old times, where air assaulting towed were able to fire while disembarking, but since they killed that feature not anymore.

You can air assault with you towed onto my MA everyday, MA would win this fight easily.

Eastern Towed have max damage vs armor of 4,5 and 15 HP, european MA have a defence vs soft of 4,3 and 42 HP, good luck winning this fight, even more if the MA have entrenchment and are able to counter attack. :D

Also it would be hard to outmassproduce MA with Towed, Toweds need Electronics.