Player threatening to have everyone in game attack me for being a gold user

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germanico wrote:

But defaming a player and ranting against gold use is a clear breach of our terms.
    Please write us an ingame ticket and in it tell us who did what when.

Thank you

//G
    well isnt that using diplomacy and counter intelligence to spread discord; which is part of war. I mean get the part about ranting about gold; but someone trying to get others to rally against the top dog (regardless of how they got it) seems fair? And Im generally top dog (albeit 99 pct not because of gold) but I am aware not to appear like the world bully ; just for fact someone rallying the world against me. But if a country is over power people and going mad (whether gold or not) its just natural there will be a call to at least the region to ban together.

If anything if player B is pointing out Player A ... is spending gold; it would probably encourage other countries to chip in some gold?? (aka a arms race which generates revenue)
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
  • Right, so,... there's nothing wrong with publicly saying, "Hey, folks, we all need to band together to attack [x strong country]!" That is an allowable part of the game, and a diplomatic strategy for dealing with powerful countries.

What you can't do is publicly defame someone for using gold. That is against the user agreement.

Can it end up being the same thing in a practical sense? Sure. Let's say the country is Germany. You CAN put in CoN News, "Attention Everyone: Germany is getting too strong. We need to work together to take them down before it's too late!" You CAN'T put is CoN News "Germany is a dirty gold=user! Everyone get them!"

The difference is in whether or not the wording calls for a negative response to gold use.
  • silly .. every one knows why player has nukes.. 8 BM launchers and 5 ICBM launchers on day 10... but god forbid we say the word gold?? .. how silly is that.

so ok ... If just say "how would anyone get that through normal play" does that violate your policy ;) havnt disparaged gold players.. just asking a legit question
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• PerigeeNil wrote:

Right, so,... there's nothing wrong with publicly saying, "Hey, folks, we all need to band together to attack [x strong country]!" That is an allowable part of the game, and a diplomatic strategy for dealing with powerful countries.

What you can't do is publicly defame someone for using gold. That is against the user agreement.

Can it end up being the same thing in a practical sense? Sure. Let's say the country is Germany. You CAN put in CoN News, "Attention Everyone: Germany is getting too strong. We need to work together to take them down before it's too late!" You CAN'T put is CoN News "Germany is a dirty gold=user! Everyone get them!"

The difference is in whether or not the wording calls for a negative response to gold use.
    only difference is the word gold

• Well, essentially, but not just that one word.

So, obviously there's a gray area. You can't explicitly decry gold use, and saying anything like "coining", "credit card", "real money", etc. will be considered a violation. However, you're more than welcome to say, "Watch out, everyone! Germany has Stealth Bombers and nukes, and it's only Day 4!!"

Essentially, we don't want to make the players who pay to keep the game operating feel like they are being chased out of every game they enter. We don't want to discourage them from playing or from contributing to the game. Now, if a player makes the poor decision of calling a lot of attention to themselves be over-researching/over-developing too early in the game, then a negative reaction by other players may teach them not to do that in the future.

It's important to remember that not all gold use means stealth bombers and nukes on Day 4. So, if you want to complain about the Stealth Bombers and the Nukes, you can. But categorizing gold use itself as evil is inaccurate and is not permitted.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PerigeeNil ().

• look out world .. Germany appears to be gaining disproportionate strength at this point in game

look out world .. Germany appears to be super strong given his resources

look out world .. Germany appears to be having way more troops than normal cities could produce

look out world .. If we let Germany build 10 x times troops what a country should produce

Hey Germany.. How do you have 8 BM Launchers ; 15 Nukes sent at cities; 58 Ships on day 10?

These would all be good right.... you get the point right.. could knock off 100 all saying same thing as "buying" "coining" gold" etc.

Its like saying OK with racist statements as long as dont say the "N" word"... would they be agaist racism or a word?

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• PerigeeNil wrote:

Well, essentially, but not just that one word.

So, obviously there's a gray area. You can't explicitly decry gold use, and saying anything like "coining", "credit card", "real money", etc. will be considered a violation. However, you're more than welcome to say, "Watch out, everyone! Germany has Stealth Bombers and nukes, and it's only Day 4!!"
    silly so keying on words and not intent.. I just rattled off 5 ways while we crossed paths.

• and not entirely sure why game is censoring the "g" word. Like I have mentioned before .. I pay my "entertainment fee" normsally $5 or a 1 - 3 $1.99 packs... as i choose smaller countries so it pays the well deserved dev team and gets me even (really not even even with 10 city countries).

But unthrottled "unnatural builds " chases away more revenue than it generates imho. Flashpoint maps 90 pct newbies.. get someone that smokes a map through "unnatural" methods.. chase away those 90 pct as they wont come back.

the good maps like mideast .. which site reserves 90 pct for elite member games (no unnatural advatnages allowed). Have people asking to play these maps .. and they are told to go join elite... these maps are prime "G" maps (unlocked research).

• I added more to my response. Go up and read the new stuff I've added.

So, basically, it's not a mutual equivalency. If X country is impossibly overdeveloped very early in the game, can we all tell they used gold to achieve that? Yes. The difference is that this is not the only way to use gold. So, if the problem is with the over-development, then say that. Not all gold use is early over-development/research.
  • Buckeyechamp wrote:

and not entirely sure why game is censoring the "g" word. Like I have mentioned before .. I pay my "entertainment fee" normsally $5 or a 1 - 3 $1.99 packs... as i choose smaller countries so it pays they well deserved dev team and gets me even (really not even even with 10 city countries).

But unthrottled "unnatural builds " chases away more revenue than it generates imho. Flashpoint maps 90 pct newbies.. get someone that smokes a map through "unnatural" methods.. chase away those 90 pct as they wont come back.

the good maps like mideast .. which site reserves 90 pct for elite member games (no unnatural advatnages allowed). Have people asking to play these maps .. and they are told to go join elite... these maps are prime "G" maps (unlocked research).
    Okay, so, to be clear, the word "gold" is not censored. You can say "gold". You just can't publicly decry gold use. As for how it is used, Dorado has made it clear that they do not intend to change their business model at this time.