What is the artillery attack rating of infantory level 6 against inf,armored and naval units.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• main advantage is if a stack is attacking you or vice versa.. you basically get first volley. So if I hav five level 6 inf and you have five level 5 inf; im going to whack out 1.5 units before the battle even really begins. or if you catch someone sleeping just fire from out side the city.

Dont think you can hit Navy with it. although a few times a glitch has gotten my navy stuck in combat if shelling to close to a portwith ground troops but they dont do any damage and once even after I backed away this RCV started driving on the water (and no it want an amphib assualt vehicle)...lol
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • also big advantage is your force enemies who cant counter to leave def/enchchment bonus. If Im coming at your city and pelting your troops you have 3 choices:

1. Charge me and attack: but now I get defense/enchrenchment bonus and you get lower attack. If you came at me with something real big I could just keep backing up and chip at you...much like arty.

2. Run away the opposite direction and conceed your city.

3. If they just stand pat in city .. just stand pat and get picked off with my stack taking no damage.

Lvl 6 is a HUGE boost and up till then mi Inf not really engaged in offensive combat. But as you noted it provides a short range MRLS like effect. plus the 1.6 HP per air damage at stack of 6 - 9 lvl 6 inf has Anti Air of 2 - 3 AA and short range MRLs punch. and just takes research as may have acquired dozens by now.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• GoldenGuy wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

same as normal attack
      So you mean artillery of infantory level 6 does a damage of 6 against infanory and 4.5 against tanks,then it is even better than MRL and what is the attack rating of this infantory artillery against navy
      No, it's not better than MRLS in stats. Maxed MRLS does 7 damage to soft and hard while having a range of 100 compared to 20 iirc. That's a quintuple advantage in range, plus nearly double damage to hard targets and damage to ships.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

main advantage is if a stack is attacking you or vice versa.. you basically get first volley. So if I hav five level 6 inf and you have five level 5 inf; im going to whack out 1.5 units before the battle even really begins. or if you catch someone sleeping just fire from out side the city.

Dont think you can hit Navy with it. although a few times a glitch has gotten my navy stuck in combat if shelling to close to a portwith ground troops but they dont do any damage and once even after I backed away this RCV started driving on the water (and no it want an amphib assualt vehicle)...lol
      Indeed; definitely an underrated advantage at times, but it can certainly turn the tables against someone not microing their units. I've had the same event of ships getting engaged with CRVs.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

also big advantage is your force enemies who cant counter to leave def/enchchment bonus. If Im coming at your city and pelting your troops you have 3 choices:

1. Charge me and attack: but now I get defense/enchrenchment bonus and you get lower attack. If you came at me with something real big I could just keep backing up and chip at you...much like arty.

3. If they just stand pat in city .. just stand pat and get picked off with my stack taking no damage.

Lvl 6 is a HUGE boost and up till then mi Inf not really engaged in offensive combat. But as you noted it provides a short range MRLS like effect. plus the 1.6 HP per air damage at stack of 6 - 9 lvl 6 inf has Anti Air of 2 - 3 AA and short range MRLs punch. and just takes research as may have acquired dozens by now.
      Those choices are what combined arms are there to turn into advantages though:

1. Charge me and attack: Spec Ops and TD air assault anyone? How about some real artillery with a MRLS volley.
      2. Run away the opposite direction and concede your city: ditching an occupied city for some real artillery kiting? Most assuredly.
      3. If they just stand pat in city: Returning fire with my artillery from a fortified position at five times the range? I'll take it.
    • The main advantage here for the motorized is that at max level they're basically the jack of all trades, decent at all, compared to the CRV, jack of all trades great at none. Motorized has moderate artillery there for artillery's sake, which is actually pretty good against a no artillery unit, great defense, a decent attack, decent hp, and decent mobility with air transport. The artillery is indeed a useful late-game buff since motorized was quite weak previously. Allowing them to engage at range, even a minute one, also enables them to contend with late-game units at relative comparable levels.
    • Stratieon wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

also big advantage is your force enemies who cant counter to leave def/enchchment bonus. If Im coming at your city and pelting your troops you have 3 choices:

1. Charge me and attack: Spec Ops and TD air assault anyone? How about some real artillery with a MRLS volley.
      2. Run away the opposite direction and concede your city: ditching an occupied city for some real artillery kiting? Most assuredly.
      3. If they just stand pat in city: Returning fire with my artillery from a fortified position at five times the range? I'll take it.

well you do realize I have scouted out advanced with my planes .. so if had atrilary would just strike it first. Not dumb enough to walk up to a MRLS or Arty of 5 times range. My scenario was Inf vs Inf and the bonus of that lvl 6 gets you

• Stratieon wrote:

The main advantage here for the motorized is that at max level they're basically the jack of all trades, decent at all, compared to the CRV, jack of all trades great at none. Motorized has moderate artillery there for artillery's sake, which is actually pretty good against a no artillery unit, great defense, a decent attack, decent hp, and decent mobility with air transport. The artillery is indeed a useful late-game buff since motorized was quite weak previously. Allowing them to engage at range, even a minute one, also enables them to contend with late-game units at relative comparable levels.
      I gave up on building RCVs long ago ... I dont need that scout feature really and rest not worth the cost beyond day 5 really.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

well you do realize I have scouted out advanced with my planes .. so if had atrilary would just strike it first. Not dumb enough to walk up to a MRLS or Arty of 5 times range. My scenario was Inf vs Inf and the bonus of that lvl 6 gets you
      Ah; indeed. Inf vs literally anything without a ranged attack tbh; I was just using that as an example to show the advantages of combined arms, since several players just spam one unit type and wonder why they lose.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

The main advantage here for the motorized is that at max level they're basically the jack of all trades, decent at all, compared to the CRV, jack of all trades great at none. Motorized has moderate artillery there for artillery's sake, which is actually pretty good against a no artillery unit, great defense, a decent attack, decent hp, and decent mobility with air transport. The artillery is indeed a useful late-game buff since motorized was quite weak previously. Allowing them to engage at range, even a minute one, also enables them to contend with late-game units at relative comparable levels.
      I gave up on building RCVs long ago ... I dont need that scout feature really and rest not worth the cost beyond day 5 really.
      Same, worthless after early game except as leftovers to take out AI and provide a .5 mid unit value supplement to an actual attack. I need the scout feature, but I don’t need CRV for it, especially when I have UAVs almost every game or I’m in Western with my ACVs; that’s #copacetic.
    • might have to break down and build uav.. this radar change kind of threw a wretch in my radar game as used my ships and aircraft to pick up but now a little more tedious to see where troops are. Dont need exact scout as general type(s) than can pretty well gestimate what /how many have based on what damage the airstrike takes.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

might have to break down and build uav.. this radar change kind of threw a wretch in my radar game as used my ships and aircraft to pick up but now a little more tedious to see where troops are. Dont need exact scout as general type(s) than can pretty well gestimate what /how many have based on what damage the airstrike takes.
      Same; I used to use helis a lot more when they could scout, but after, I’m switching to strikes and using drones for unit identification, Battle Damage Assessments and target acquisition.