What are the worst tactics you have watch coalition partners try over and over?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the worst tactics you have watch coalition partners try over and over?

Have seen a few and funny thing is they dont work really; but that player has played 50 games this way apparently think great strategies as do same thing day after day. various people over past 2 yrs btw

1. Attack a city with artillery only. and not just sit outside city and shell but like full on attack like an inf/armor stack. Like that cant figure out 7 art (those attack stats are if you stop and fire) but go head on and loose them all... then next day build 4 more and do same thing. They arent tanks ;)

2. Constantly take cities and leave open ... loose city to insurgents.... now morale back to 25 pct ... loose more troops and/or weaken units to recapture a city you had.... then leave city again.. rinse and repeat.

3. Rally 5 cities troops daily send on some random suicide mission without scouting .. generally hit a brick wall and loose all. next day do the same damn thing.

4. Constantly run at oncoming units instead of standing at entrenched point thereby forfeiting not only enchment bonus (min 25 pct decrease damage taken) but defense perks (up to 50 pct).

5. Rushing to attack when dont have to with big stacks... e.g. taking a 200hp stack and rush 1 hr to get to a single art unit that is hitting at 3.5 hp. ok genius you just reduced your own stack 10 HP rushing 1 hr to save a 3.5 HP hit.

6. Constantly send single Inf units at a city that has at least 1 - 2 units in it. most times 1 like a few hrs behind last .. than 3rd a few hrs behind second. Look if you staged them together your 3 would win... but 3 singles all get smashed.

7. attacking a stack of 7 units with combined 125 HP and like 10 HP air damage with a single Air Supp dishing out a whopping 2 HP damage per "strike". great you took his stack from 125 to 121 HP and lost a plane in 2 hrs.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• 1. the classic: trying to invade with transports while you dont have navy to ensure their safety

2. only building ground units and the only sort of Anti-Air being 2 lonely lvl 4 mobile AA

3. making a shitload of waypoints through enemy territory while not even having all that scouted (bonus edition: do that on a Z map through enemy cities and enjoy the zombies.... yes that happened)

4. flying with your strikefighters into SAMs ... over... and over and over again until all SF are dead

5. trying to airlift your units over hostile airspace THE EXACT FUCKING WAY over and over again; SAMs are happy

Buckeyechamp wrote:

4. Constantly run at oncoming units instead of standing at entrenched point thereby forfeiting not only enchment bonus (min 25 pct decrease damage taken) but defense perks (up to 50 pct).
      you get the bonus for defending also outside of the province center (like the +25% in forest for inf) you just need to stand stand in the province and be defender

wiki.conflictnations.com/Combat#Combat_Mechanics
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • 3. making a shitload of waypoints through enemy territory while not even having all that scouted (bonus edition: do that on a Z map through enemy cities and enjoy the zombies.... yes that happened)
      ------------------------
      or .. doing same thing with a rcv only .. and 1.5 days later they ask why they didnt get any territory
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• ok forgot # 8 .. this was an enemy.

Build a Aircraft carrier ... have 1 plane on it .. sail it across atlantic ... park it like 10 miles off coast with no ships to protect... launch a strike on city. Like you realize I can follow your 1 plane back and find the carrier then its just a giant target practice or sink with 1 friggate. (which kills your 1 plane then ship)

• ok # 9 .. probably funniest thing I saw .. was a guy landing full boat full Spec ops/ air inf via via transport ship to a ally city. then takes them like 3 hrs to walk to city center (like literally a giant guy walking at like .11 speed.) and had overloaded and was even slower. needless to say they never made the walk from the dock to the city.

• Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

you get the bonus for defending also outside of the province center (like the +25% in forest for inf) you just need to stand stand in the province and be defender
      wiki.conflictnations.com/Combat#Combat_Mechanics
      I get you but still would just sit at prov center .. i see him coming build a at least level 1 outpost (what 1.5 hr build will be done by time gets here) now I have 45 pct entrenchment bonus. (which #10 - no fricken clue about terrain; attack/defense/ enchrenchment) .. which is HUGE . given right circumstances I can whoop a bigger opponent with half the stack.

granted I didnt have a clue about this either first 2 -3 games. But how do people have 50 game sunder belt and not figure this out. when try to explain this to people they act like speaking foreign language... its just Hulk need s to Smash

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Teburu wrote:

prntscr.com/r9pogh do i need any words?
      lol.. how long does it take to build 18 Air inf... besides 18 days and not know how to use them. love the .02 speed.

ok this leads me to another one like this..... we were smashing world got to Africa.. Mali or someone loaded up 44 Inf units in 1 Tank and was going slower than this... he thought safety in numbers I guess and made a"high speed break for port" took him 3 days to go like 3 prov. My partner was lauching nukes CM at him and all pissed when wasnt killing him... I was like dude just let him run into my waiting ship.

• One of the worst, not from a strategy standpoint, but from a quality of ally standpoint is the "Claim Tracker" When you are obviously working an area, and your ally sets waypoint tracks to scoop up some or all of that area, then goes offline.

This is related to, ...

The "Scoop your Luncher" who has units near you and scoops a province that you were clearly working for, but couldn't get to first.

Now I don't fault either of these as agregious in the endgame, when you are trying to build an airbase network, early to mid game it's annoying as hell.

EDIT: I HATE patchwork territory maps!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dealer of Death: Important omitted info ().

• Deadweights that are offline when danger is at the coalition doors, but very reactive when there is loot to share, very common, yet always irritating. You should have not second thought to expel them from the coalition.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Teburu wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Deadweights that are offline when danger is at the coalition doors, but very reactive when there is loot to share, very common, yet always irritating. You should have not second thought to expel them from the coalition.
      they're usually the ones that join coalitions for the protection in numbers :D
      Indeed, yet they fail to acknowledge that the combination of geographic displacement of external borders and individual incompetence, particularly when visible by various easily accessible data acquisition methods, results in the security being comprised and even negatively affected to the relative detriment of all coalition member states due to the lack of political separation between them since they form a common political union, thus nullifying any benefits of their unification and reducing their reasoning to fallacy.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

Pafufu wrote:

The ‘can you kill all their units with your air support so I can get all the glory and not give you anything’ people are the worst. I know this isn’t a stupid strategy, but it makes you want to punch your computer.
      My air support? I don’t have any air support :D
      That's because your air force is not support: it's your main force :D
      It depends; but if certain coalition members ask for air support, it becomes temporarily unavailable (#pocketvetoftw)
    • I think that the guy that tried to take Amazonia by using airmobile infantry withoutusing air assault is in my personal top of the worst tactics i've encountered.

"But you said airmobile infantry was okay to take properly amazonia"

Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.