Whats your favorite means of destroying an opponent

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Whats your favorite means of destroying an opponent

      For me it has to be leading enemy fighters into my Frigate AA spider web.

      Feel like Arnold in Predator trying to get the Predator to attack him and set off boooby trap...."What are you waiting for DO IT....Im right here...Come get me...DO IT!!".

      Poor suckers think just attacking an incoming transport or maybe a corvette or destroyer than WHAM....Its a thing of Beauty seeing a 5 stack of Frigs light up the sky taking out multiple aircraft.

      No other Unit can you really use to 1. Destroy cities/bases 2. Shell coastal units 3. sink ships 4. attack and defend against enemy Air. ... well except officer which I have cooking and will go 4 Frig/1 off.

      Case in point with 5 Frigs I have wrecked a capital; killed 2 ground units; killed 2 corvettes (soon to be 3); 1 attack sub and bonus 4 planes via suicide. And I havnt lost 1 (well now have them spit into 2 and 3 or would have lost 1). granted this guy not best naval tactician as tries to ram my ships instead of fire when in range.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Buckeyechamp ().

    • I love a massive conventional ballistic missile attack on homeland cities, followed immediately by invasion of troops from the sea, backed by frigates for air defense.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • 737373elj wrote:

      I like just bombing my enemies into submission via Strike Fighters. Annihilate aerial presence with ASF then proceed to Strike enemies to death. I usually Strike Fighter + Destroyer/Frigate Support, then send in my Armor + Infantry combo to mop up whatever that’s left :D
      oh yeah i do 90 pct of my damage like that too. just take more pleasure with the Friggs ambushing enemy planes ;)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Buckeyechamp ().

    • Sinking transports (by sea), but especially trapping a big bunch of enemy ground troops on an island.

      Oh, you took over an island, did you? Hope you enjoy it, because now that whole stack gets to either stay there and die slowly or embark on a suicide cruise.

      Port of Spain is one of my favorite locations for this.

      Sinking any big troop transport if fun, though. That's a nice overloaded 14-stack you have there,... it would be a shame if my submarine happened to it.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

      Sinking transports (by sea), but especially trapping a big bunch of enemy ground troops on an island.

      Oh, you took over an island, did you? Hope you enjoy it, because now that whole stack gets to either stay there and die slowly or embark on a suicide cruise.

      Port of Spain is one of my favorite locations for this.

      Sinking any big troop transport if fun, though. That's a nice overloaded 14-stack you have there,... it would be a shame if my submarine happened to it.
      this trapping is so good usually with usa on flashpoint and the island between me and cuba
    • GoldenGuy wrote:

      cruiser + desetroyer for port cities
      strike fighters for cities away from sea
      tanks to lead the ground assault
      This one's solid; I'm with buckeye on frigates being so well rounded. Frigs + Strikes + Tanks is a solid balanced combo. I rarely do cruisers and destroyers unless I'm going hard naval, but otherwise, frigs are awesome for flexibility in application of combat power.
    • Stratieon wrote:

      GoldenGuy wrote:

      cruiser + desetroyer for port cities
      strike fighters for cities away from sea
      tanks to lead the ground assault
      This one's solid; I'm with buckeye on frigates being so well rounded. Frigs + Strikes + Tanks is a solid balanced combo. I rarely do cruisers and destroyers unless I'm going hard naval, but otherwise, frigs are awesome for flexibility in application of combat power.
      I used to not do destroyers either, but subs whack the heck out of frigate/cruiser combos way easier. Destroyers>cruisers in bang for the buck. I rarely do cruisers now.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

      Stratieon wrote:

      GoldenGuy wrote:

      cruiser + desetroyer for port cities
      strike fighters for cities away from sea
      tanks to lead the ground assault
      This one's solid; I'm with buckeye on frigates being so well rounded. Frigs + Strikes + Tanks is a solid balanced combo. I rarely do cruisers and destroyers unless I'm going hard naval, but otherwise, frigs are awesome for flexibility in application of combat power.
      I used to not do destroyers either, but subs whack the heck out of frigate/cruiser combos way easier. Destroyers>cruisers in bang for the buck. I rarely do cruisers now.
      but destroyers not much if any air defense. more likeley to face planes/choppers than subs when you are on coasts. Im usully pounding cities in advance of assault so in shallows and subs strength cut in half. Only way get whooped by sub is if leave ships unattended in deep water. Thought about adding destroyers but thats why I use the Officer.
    • ThePanda wrote:

      Slowly draining an over-stacked sea transport with a single Corvette 8)

      So simple yet so satisfying.
      Yeah...I called it a Hero corvette...mainly happens in early game. Most valuable unit in my whole army...There is always someone shipping without protecting his convoy...

      But my absolut favorite is patrolling with Stealth Fighters behind enemy lines and delivering Tomahawks like Santa...cant beat it....
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

      Dealer of Death wrote:

      Stratieon wrote:

      GoldenGuy wrote:

      cruiser + desetroyer for port cities
      strike fighters for cities away from sea
      tanks to lead the ground assault
      This one's solid; I'm with buckeye on frigates being so well rounded. Frigs + Strikes + Tanks is a solid balanced combo. I rarely do cruisers and destroyers unless I'm going hard naval, but otherwise, frigs are awesome for flexibility in application of combat power.
      I used to not do destroyers either, but subs whack the heck out of frigate/cruiser combos way easier. Destroyers>cruisers in bang for the buck. I rarely do cruisers now.
      but destroyers not much if any air defense. more likeley to face planes/choppers than subs when you are on coasts. Im usully pounding cities in advance of assault so in shallows and subs strength cut in half. Only way get whooped by sub is if leave ships unattended in deep water. Thought about adding destroyers but thats why I use the Officer.
      Yep, in some respects, Cruiser tries to be jack of many trades master of a few; much like MBTs, it’s a solid unit independently in its best environment, but when various factors such as economics and shallow water are considered, it doesn’t do very well. Contrarily, the frigate is, like an ACV, jack of all trades master of many, as buckeye has already excellently enumerated.