Whats your favorite means of destroying an opponent

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I had a guy do that with 3 huge stacks .. trapped them all with 1 frig..lol and they where hsalf tanks .. good spoiles. I never put large stacks to sea unecorted. and would rather take the land slower route than risk this. dont think I have ever got ambushed like this... but have done it enough to know I dont want it to happen to me ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Stratieon wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

GoldenGuy wrote:

cruiser + desetroyer for port cities
      strike fighters for cities away from sea
      tanks to lead the ground assault
      This one's solid; I'm with buckeye on frigates being so well rounded. Frigs + Strikes + Tanks is a solid balanced combo. I rarely do cruisers and destroyers unless I'm going hard naval, but otherwise, frigs are awesome for flexibility in application of combat power.
      I used to not do destroyers either, but subs whack the heck out of frigate/cruiser combos way easier. Destroyers>cruisers in bang for the buck. I rarely do cruisers now.
      but destroyers not much if any air defense. more likeley to face planes/choppers than subs when you are on coasts. Im usully pounding cities in advance of assault so in shallows and subs strength cut in half. Only way get whooped by sub is if leave ships unattended in deep water. Thought about adding destroyers but thats why I use the Officer.
      Yep, in some respects, Cruiser tries to be jack of many trades master of a few; much like MBTs, it’s a solid unit independently in its best environment, but when various factors such as economics and shallow water are considered, it doesn’t do very well. Contrarily, the frigate is, like an ACV, jack of all trades master of many, as buckeye has already excellently enumerated.
      frigates have the big downside of sucking in navy vs navy tho, due to their lower speed (and lower HP/dmg tho that doesnt matter) they're at a significant disadvantage when facing eg destroyers
      also: they cost a shitton eletronics
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • ill tell you what I would rather have a stack of destoyers come at me than Stack of Frigs. Destroyer stack I can take out with missiles and planes .. frigg stack you cant and will loose a lot trying to take out. My coaltion partners just got destroyed by navy patrol... my frigg stack would eat those patrol planes up.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

ill tell you what I would rather have a stack of destoyers come at me than Stack of Frigs. Destroyer stack I can take out with missiles and planes .. frigg stack you cant and will loose a lot trying to take out. My coaltion partners just got destroyed by navy patrol... my frigg stack would eat those patrol planes up.
      and any subs will eat up your frigates :D especially with subs being currently the seasonal unit
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I just took out a two destroyer / 1 elite lvl 3 sub stack with 4 friggs and my strike fighters. If he had friggs my strike fighters and cruise missiles would have been useless
      "If he had units that would counter mine, they'd be useless" :D

trying to make arguments based on "what if" seems strange to me

If he had subs you frigates wouldnt do shit
      If he would be active he wouldnt have lost the sub to frigs
      If Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

tho tbh later on you'll need both anyway
      in the end it doesnt really matter whether you pick destroyers or frigs if you level them up to get that range advantge

The post was edited 1 time, last by Teburu ().

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

ill tell you what I would rather have a stack of destoyers come at me than Stack of Frigs. Destroyer stack I can take out with missiles and planes .. frigg stack you cant and will loose a lot trying to take out. My coaltion partners just got destroyed by navy patrol... my frigg stack would eat those patrol planes up.
      Lol, WHO does monostacks? 2 Destroyers+3Frigates are my go to Navy Stack, but ideally 1Officer+1Destroyer+3Frigates
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Lol, WHO does monostacks? 2 Destroyers+3Frigates are my go to Navy Stack, but ideally 1Officer+1Destroyer+3Frigates
      I prefer 3 destroyers +2 frigates
      The good thing about destroyer frigate mix is they have balanced cost. destroyers alone cost more cogs than production and frigates soak all the electronics up. both they consume all my production
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

if you fight other pure stacks, cuz a mixed stack will have a severe speed disadvantage against a stack of like 5 destroyers or cruisers :D

and tbh navy warfare is rarely really challenging, so why invest into maxing out both frigs and destroyers?
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

more people than you think... but 1 go 1 off / 4 friggs. not goying to waste research on a destroyer. than usually have secondary stack lurking somewhere nearby so if lose 1 friigg.. swap in a fresh one.

• Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

if you fight other pure stacks, cuz a mixed stack will have a severe speed disadvantage against a stack of like 5 destroyers or cruisers :D
      and tbh navy warfare is rarely really challenging, so why invest into maxing out both frigs and destroyers?
      agree .. most people REALLY dont understand Navy warefare. its much more of chess match than bashing stacks. And he who fires first usually wins; which 90 pct dont figure out and if catch a stack napping Ill hit it (you have about 1:30 before it fires back) hit reverse ASAP and wait 1 hr .. repeat. If Auto fire control it may follow you but just go out 1 hr till you are ready to fire again. And 90 pct of my battles are near coast so I have air support too. cant remember the last time I smashed a big battle in open seas.

• or ill have a 2nd stack near by and even if its small ... hit the enemy 2 v 1 .... in navy the ships can only fire at one target, not like land so that second stack is pure offense and takes zero damage

• Teburu wrote:

upgrading them up to get the cruiser ranger is a must usually.
      cruiser doesn't get range upgrades so its value drops with each day.