Z: You're doing it wrong.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Z: You're doing it wrong.

I am getting real sick and tired of watching Zombies take over the map. I've yet to see a single human coalition win the game.

People just can't seem to understand that flinging everything you have at a player and then LEAVING THE CITY OPEN causes zombies. Zombies are stronger, faster, and more abundant than regular insurgents, making them an absolute nightmare to fight. They're considered HARD targets, therefore INFANTRY WILL NOT WORK! At least, not alone. Yet, every match, I see random players hurtling their entire number at a single country, and soon everybody's doing it. By day 2, There are already 20 cities with zombies.

No matter how hard I try to explain it, people just keep doing it wrong. The tactic you use in World at War WILL NOT WORK HERE! As a famous German General once said, "New weapons require new tactics; never pour old wine into new bottles."

So how should you play Z? It's really, really not that hard. In fact, here are the 3 essential things you need to know:

UNBREAKABLE PLEASE-LISTEN-TO-THIS RULE NUMBER 1: STOP INVADING ON DAY 1!
      Part of the problem is that people just keep starting too many fights on day one. Morale plummets, and then people leave the cities wide open. It doesn't work in World at War, and you best believe it ain't gonna work here! If you absolutely MUST invade someone on day 1, take a city, and hold it for 12 real life hours. THEN continue your advance. Invade with friends, and always keep your guard up.

Rule number 2: Zombies can't defend themselves from the air.
      Contrary to popular opinion, unlike Insurgencies in World at War, Zombies have no air defense whatsoever. Yes, that means you can use ANY AIRBORNE COMBAT UNIT and it will do damage without taking any. If you don't have any supplies, use your components to amass an army of Air Superiority fighters, and wreck some hell!

And finally...

Rule number 3:
      If you expand too quickly, you're dead.
      If you try to stretch your line AT ALL, you best believe some child is going to smash through it, lost their troops, get zombies in there, and then it's over. So don't do that. Stop sending hundreds of troops across a continent without properly securing your cities. Stop trying to break through your rival neighbor. Stop trying to annex every smaller nation around you when you just finished a massive war.

I really don't get why people are so oblivious to these simple methods. This map really isn't that hard, but people seem to get it in their heads that you can just do the same thing here that you do on any other map... and that just isn't true. Yet, here we are, with a salty player making a salty guide. Nobody is going to listen to this, but hey, it was fun writing it.
    • well max causalities I had on zombies were 5k while causing them several millions on every game. I was gonna say they need anti air buff they now look like a total potato just being destroyed by any air units.
      and yes 1- player limit might be reduced to 64 with increase in lvl requirement to ensure a minimum playable lvl.
      e.g. I was once in asia& europe but Africa was dominated by zombies and they won.
      So either higher lvl or increase on vps for zombies to win BUT they need battle stats buff they are now total potato
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

well max causalities I had on zombies were 5k while causing them several millions on every game. I was gonna say they need anti air buff they now look like a total potato just being destroyed by any air units.
      and yes 1- player limit might be reduced to 64 with increase in lvl requirement to ensure a minimum playable lvl.
      e.g. I was once in asia& europe but Africa was dominated by zombies and they won.
      So either higher lvl or increase on vps for zombies to win BUT they need battle stats buff they are now total potato
      Perhaps not; apparently, some players are incapable of potato killing, believe it or not.