What's your favorite/most memorable win?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What's your favorite/most memorable win?

Mines gotta be my first. It was a flashpoint and only my second game of all time. Around the same time I had some of my friends start playing. They all joined that world (2900180) and slowly each started dieing. Next thing you know it's only me (I was France) Poland and Russia alive and we carried it out for a win.

Also one where my and the 2 other guys in my coalition were the only ones active, so the game ended after only 14 days.

Note that if you look me up ingame it shows a few less wins than I actually have because me and the rest of the people alive decided to get as much vp as possible each instead of going for a coalition win.
    • Probably 1st Rising tide game played the original weekend launch. Really played out of curiosity and just to see how game was; so all maps were full and got one of the last "live countries" Nicarauga.

To my shock I got stuck with a 3 city live country... first thought no way this could be true. How could the gme start this small and be fair .. heck dont even have enough cities to make the 5 resources ;) So originally became an exercise to see how long could survive and strategy was just to play a spoiler / pirate type role and invade coastal coutries and just mess up peoples games. Slowly defeated all of Central america region ; got in coalition with 2 S. America countries. had to annex a few cities but by day 25 had built up a huge navy / marines along with strike fighters and CMs and part of pirate strategy had conquered 3 Victory sites.. which only 1 person ever tried to retake. So my marines did a long swim to Russia/Siberia and grabbed 4th Victory site.

So to me this proved you could win any game with any country given the right strategy for that particular game. No one knew how to really play this map and I took the game before anyone else figured it out. 75 pct of world was unconquered ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • - finally beating that guy who used a shitton of gold
      total casualties were something like 232k (total of our coalition) vs 470k (him alone) :D
      it was pretty much a stalemate in the middle east but at some point he just gave up and left

- finising rising tides with a solo win in 11 days
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

Teburu wrote:

- finising rising tides with a solo win in 11 days
      wtf how is that? did u rush all sites or what?
      well you only needed 3 sites + some extra VP and since i started in africa i had a pretty easy time
      the first between africa/america was actually fairly close to the homeland
      then the one in cuba
      then the one near hawaii

ofc i captured the last 2 on the same day as to not draw attention

the problem with the previous rising tides version is/was fairly obvious: VP focus on the victory sites that nobody seems to care about :D

i still think i could've done it faster cuz i researched naval inf fairly late
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I think my two favorites were my first serious game, an Austria WW3, and a Cuba Flashpoint. In the Austria game, a Rank 11 Poland was trash-talking since I was a Rank 1 then. Apparently hadn’t looked at my stats since I was trouncing Italy then. I ended up allying with Germany and blitzkrieged him in a two-day rapid domination campaign.

In the Cuba game, I allied with Iberia, knocked out the Americas and swept over Britain. After that, we invaded a strong France player who held up well until I defeated him in a climactic Battle of Paris following landings at Calais, where I dislodged the enemy with a naval bombardment and then swept in with my army and Air Force, blocking his reinforcements to prevent a successful enemy execution of the bait-and-build tactic.
    • My New Zealand game

I purposefully picked NZ and intended to go all defensive with the sole purpose of surviving until the end and publishing funny News articles the whole time.

But Australia wouldn't leave me alone.

Pretty soon I got pissed off and went all nuts on Australia and conquered his Whole territory.

Then Indonesia started crap with the same result. Likewise the Phillipines which also involved me taking SE asia that was his.

AT this point there was a big South American coalition I just missed joining, but they said they'd keep me in mind if anyone dropped.

However Iraq who had all of the middle east and was halfway thru Africa was about 300 points short of winning.

So while he was busy there, I sailed 4 ballistic missile subs up the persian gulf followed by frigates and troops

Laid a barrage of ballistic missiles on his homeland cities, stopping his production and invaded under the air cover of my frigates, took his homeland in a day.

AT that point, someone dropped out of the South AMerican coalition, they added me and made me leader.

I proceeded to finish off Iraq in Africa who couldn't make any more units and provide air cover for the coalition invasion of europe.

The most satisfying thing was Iraq going from just a couple hundred points shy of a solo win to completely wiped out in about 12 days.

Tho I never did get to play my solely defensive propaganda game.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

My New Zealand game

I purposefully picked NZ and intended to go all defensive with the sole purpose of surviving until the end and publishing funny News articles the whole time.

Pretty soon I got pissed off and went all nuts on Australia and conquered his Whole territory.

Then Indonesia started crap with the same result. Likewise the Phillipines which also involved me taking SE asia that was his.

AT this point there was a big South American coalition I just missed joining, but they said they'd keep me in mind if anyone dropped.

However Iraq who had all of the middle east and was halfway thru Africa was about 300 points short of winning.

So while he was busy there, I sailed 4 ballistic missile subs up the persian gulf followed by frigates and troops

Laid a barrage of ballistic missiles on his homeland cities, stopping his production and invaded under the air cover of my frigates, took his homeland in a day.

AT that point, someone dropped out of the South AMerican coalition, they added me and made me leader.

I proceeded to finish off Iraq in Africa who couldn't make any more units and provide air cover for the coalition invasion of europe.

The most satisfying thing was Iraq going from just a couple hundred points shy of a solo win to completely wiped out in about 12 days.

What is the best infantry for these kind of countries like NZ or Australia? Or what kind of infantry did you develop in that game?
    • Malazuerte wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

My New Zealand game

What is the best infantry for these kind of countries like NZ or Australia? Or what kind of infantry did you develop in that game?
      Marines and AFVs - lots of island jumping in Oceania
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Malazuerte wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

My New Zealand game

Dealer of Death wrote:

Malazuerte wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

My New Zealand game

Yep; won’t hurt to throw in some ACVs as well.