Launchers vs Subs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Launchers vs Subs

Being curious, why do missile launchers (all of them) seem to be so expensive, requiring expensive secret weapon facilities upgrades versus other means. Like subs, which are much faster and mobile. I get it that you can lose the sub easier but only if you are not careful. Is there any other strategic reason why i would need to research and build launchers?
    • 1. you dont need to research the launcher seperate
      2. launchers have only 10h reload, compared to subs with 16h
      3.you dont need to extra research subs
      4. sub only have so much range and might not be able to hit targets far inside the country
      (5. subs can be detected via sonar, launchers only in sightrange)
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • It is much faster to research sub than build 5 levels of secret research facility. I don't think there is any place on the map where you can say you are 100% safe and protected from subs without watching every single possible infiltration spot

Probably it comes down to personal preference/experience as well, i think currently things are not quite balanced
    • Just go Ballistic Subs I found.... cheaper to build and easier/safer to move into areas. Launchers need to drag across the world and if move have to wait like 1 hr to get it to fire.

and if need be can get a lot closer to enemy coasts to improve accuracry/timing of launchers. Launchers you can only launch from friendly territory. Subs I can launch anywhere really.

Now I have found attack subs useless to me as to sneak up on a ship you are usually in shallow water and cut stregth in half. Can only launch cruise which can basically only reach cities right on coast.

A spin up 2 or 3 Ballistic subs just to station regionally to be able to respond to emergencies (defense) and blast cities cant reach with ships. (offense). once had to use on own mainland and time enemy at center of prov to catch in blast.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().