A History page displaying all finished games, with a link to a detailed Statistics page for each one.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A History page displaying all finished games, with a link to a detailed Statistics page for each one.

Finishing a game in CoN takes a lot of effort. It's common for a regular WW3 game to take around 40 days to finish. And then, after a game is finished, players who spent several days on it, end up with little to no information about it. Finished games are just put into the Archive and then lost forever.

It certainly makes sense to have a History page, where all finished games would be listed and available for consultation. It also makes sense for the player to be able to dive into a specific game, at first through a Statistics page and, ultimately, even being able to watch the replay. Such features could be public, so one could see what others are doing in their games by analyzing their History.

Things I expect to see in a Statistics page are: resources growth over time, buildings over time, units mobilization over time, casualties (by unit) over time, damage dealt (by unit) over time, war declarations over time, VPs over time, morale over time, agents over time etc. All that and whatever more, should be available over time and on a player by player basis. If desired, such data could be available in JSON, or any other format, so users could use it to build their own analysis tools.

Calculated (and fun) information, such as "who was the MVP of the match", "who dealt more damage" and "who was the most efficient in combat" could also be displayed. This could serve to encourage players to do better.

Whatever is done with finished games is better than doing nothing. Finished games right now are just wasted data. Use your imagination and build shiny things with all that data.
    • Teburu wrote:

Seems like a lot of effort just for publics?
      ahh the elitists... public games that make up 99 pct of games not worth it.

But think OP has good suggestion. And actually first time I archived a game I assumed it would be saved to go back and learn what I did/didnt do right. Actually think more important for newbs than experienced players.

But early on their is alot you dont know.. or dont know you dont know. going back at old games best way for people to learn.

I know like my 1 - 3rd games I was going back and taking screen shots (especially research stuff) and formulating a plan to get things going 1st few days. Now its just auto pilot as you have a feel of what to do. But early on I was researching stuff not realizing couldnt even use it because of building requirements etc.

Heck it was my 4th or 5th game before I realized there was research past the first screen (lol)... as not horizontal scroll bar.. never even thought about it till I saw someone with a lvl 6 inf. tried for ever to arrow over...thought was a bug. till someone told me the mouse click scroll thing (Which should have horizontal scrool bar...all vertical lists have vertical bars ;( ). It was a whole new world!
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Seems like a lot of effort just for publics?
      ahh the elitists... public games that make up 99 pct of games not worth it.
      But think OP has good suggestion. And actually first time I archived a game I assumed it would be saved to go back and learn what I did/didnt do right. Actually think more important for newbs than experienced players.

But early on their is alot you dont know.. or dont know you dont know. going back at old games best way for people to learn.

I know like my 1 - 3rd games I was going back and taking screen shots (especially research stuff) and formulating a plan to get things going 1st few days. Now its just auto pilot as you have a feel of what to do. But early on I was researching stuff not realizing couldnt even use it because of building requirements etc.

Heck it was my 4th or 5th game before I realized there was research past the first screen (lol)... as not horizontal scroll bar.. never even thought about it till I saw someone with a lvl 6 inf. tried for ever to arrow over...thought was a bug. till someone told me the mouse click scroll thing (Which should have horizontal scrool bar...all vertical lists have vertical bars ;( ). It was a whole new world!
      i never said it was a bad suggestion; it'd be a lot of effort implementing such detailed stats when hardly anyone will make use of them
      Hell, like 80% of players go inactive after a few days
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Fantastic idea. One aspect that this would allow is looking up how often players have completed games together (one might even say "player has completed games together" if one had little faith in Durado's ability to track multi-accounting) and what the result of those games was. As to the effort seems the difficulty would be setup but thereafter each completion would automatically feed into the spreadsheet.
      "Knowledge comes from experience. Wisdom comes from accepting the knowledge of another."-- WKW