I feel framed and disappointed...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I feel framed and disappointed...

So I'm playing a WWIII 4x speed game and its day 31, and apparently I told an enemy coalition player about all the troops my allies had, when i NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. Now my allies are kicking me from the coalition, and they stationed troops in my cities. I never did anything, but does anyone have a valid reason as to how the enemy had so much intel on my allies?
      'War without France would be like .. World War II.'
    • Spies can report communications between you and other players. Now usually players don't communicate the exact positions for one simple reason - all coalition members can see them anyway. So that's out of the question really.

This implies someone is probably framing you as a "suspect" to get you out of the coalition and potentially attack you. Not unheard of - and not sportsmanlike, but nothing we can do because it's not against the rules.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • So, there's kind of an easy fix for this, unless I'm missing something:

Messages sent between two parties can be forwarded as they are to a third player. If your enemy has these messages from you, then, obviously, you sent them. If your enemy isn't able to forward those messages, they probably gained the information through other means (spies, etc.).

If I was your coalition mate, and I enjoyed having you on my team, I'd have asked the enemy to forward the messages from you. They either have them, or they don't.

FWIW, I totally use dirty diplomacy to divide and conquer all the time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PerigeeNil ().

• You can, but your coalition mates can't tell whether or not it's really from you or not? I mean, it seems like they'd have to do a pretty convincing job of writing like you for your coalition mates to not be able to tell the difference. I feel like if someone tried to fake a message from me, I could prove that it wasn't written the way that I would write it.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

You can, but your coalition mates can't tell whether or not it's really from you or not? I mean, it seems like they'd have to do a pretty convincing job of writing like you for your coalition mates to not be able to tell the difference. I feel like if someone tried to fake a message from me, I could prove that it wasn't written the way that I would write it.
      For the most part, this is quite accurate. Despite the fact that sometimes people shift writing styles at times, is should nonetheless be relatively easy to identify differences in writing style. However, it might be possible for a moderately skilled “stylistic forger” to write with compellingly similar style to their target.

As for turning the situation around, your best bet would probably be attempting to prove by writing style that you didn’t author the message being used as proof.
    • Answer is simple: your coalition members are fools. Find yourself serious players to play with, not random noobs who believe in forwarded messages, instead of at least proper screenshots.

PerigeeNil wrote:

You can, but your coalition mates can't tell whether or not it's really from you or not? I mean, it seems like they'd have to do a pretty convincing job of writing like you for your coalition mates to not be able to tell the difference. I feel like if someone tried to fake a message from me, I could prove that it wasn't written the way that I would write it.
      simple solution: external communication (Discord etc.), because? Internal can be forged!, also for start simply not being a fool, as it seems his coalition members are. Alto you know: there's a sucker born every minute. So bad luck to run down on bunch of them lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eternus ().

• A good spy makes someone else look like the spy. sounds like they did that to you; thats why you always want to be the big dog of coalition early.... get some early momentum nd people dont mess with you like this.

And I dont need to make up reasons to get people out. Just tell them "dude...you are rarely active and following behind. Pick up pace or will have to replace you out. as we cant win with you sitting in homeland." no need to frame people imo.

If I see coalition partners having ROW with enemy coalitions or someone im actively fighting. I just call them out as that seems like prime double agent. Pick a side but you cant be friends with our enemies in my book.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp