About season subs and the stealth officer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PLS SEARCH EXISTING THREADS BEFORE STARTING A NEW ONE.
      You posted this on March 11th.
      As for the submarine, I agree.
      Stealth Level 4 Naval officer cannot be revealed by ANYTHING
      I will summon the DoD bot.
      "Why on earth would someone ask for a unit to be nerfed?"
      Well, it's an issue, for sure, but the fact that the naval officer has a lower range than a level 1 corvette kinda makes up for it.
      In short, an officer is a single ship, a destroyer is a whole flotilla.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

PLS SEARCH EXISTING THREADS BEFORE STARTING A NEW ONE.
      As for the submarine, I agree.
      I will summon the DoD bot.
      "Why on earth would someone ask for a unit to be nerfed?"
      Well, it's an issue, for sure, but the fact that the naval officer has a lower range than a level 1 corvette kinda makes up for it.
      In short, an officer is a single ship, a destroyer is a whole flotilla.
      Wrong bot, you wanted the "Toybot"
      -
      toybot.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • ewac123 wrote:

your point is?

ewac123 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

About the officer:
      - update tooltips, cuz rn there is appearently no unit that can detect a stealted surface vessel, but i know that at least elite subs can do that so other units probably can too (maybe every unit that can detect subs withing sightrange?)
      --> him being only revealed in sightrange makes him hella difficult to find; even more so on high seas

ewac123 wrote:

dafuck are you talking about
      the naval officer starts with 75 range
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

your point is?

ewac123 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

About the officer:
      - update tooltips, cuz rn there is appearently no unit that can detect a stealted surface vessel, but i know that at least elite subs can do that so other units probably can too (maybe every unit that can detect subs withing sightrange?)
      --> him being only revealed in sightrange makes him hella difficult to find; even more so on high seas

ewac123 wrote:

dafuck are you talking aboutthe naval officer starts with 75 range
      Sight range
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Sight Range, Radar Range, if you want to do hit and run tactics you want to abuse the rush fuction and have extended radar ranges, either with carriers or AWAC.

Likewise, if you want to counter attack from a defensive AFK position you need extended radar and maximum range. Don't expect your 100 range, 100 Radar cruiser stack to be able to combat a 100 range submarine stack with AWAC support. By time they get into firing range, they are already retreating, you'll have torpedos flying at you when your radar specilists picks up a radar contact for all of 30seconds. If you had a few destoriers supported by a carrier radar system you might have a fighting chance.

We could argue 50 range ships with the 75 range radar should work defensively. But do you just attack every Naval Radar contact you see?

Some argue that patroling is more important then static naval ships. I say if you have surface vessles they should be blockading and bombarding an enemy city. This offers a 5 stack of cruisers as easy prey to a single covvette, if enough time lapses. While there is hit and run tactics, you can also use ground targets to tank a naval barrage to swoop in with a naval engagement, first hit, then counter attack with fixed combat.

Really you don't know what monsters lurk in the deep dark ocean.
      But end of the day, when they are knocking on your homecities docks, your pretty fked.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

naval officer can easily be spotted by destroyers in sight of range. Happened to me
      See this the point. While it HAS stealth, it can be line of sight spotted ...

Haven't had the opportunity, but I bet Elite subs spot it too.
      The KING of CoN News!!!