RISING TIDES UPDATE (200312)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RISING TIDES UPDATE (200312)

+ + + + GENERAL UPDATE + + + +
      Commanders!

An exciting, revamped version of Rising Tides made its way to CoN as of this update; featuring 10 strategic sites, revised nations and borders, and a condensed total player count. You will also notice that some map preparations are being made in anticipation of internal testing to be made on the Mobile Application. More details coming soon.

We’ve been frequently asked to enable the gifting of gold to reward fellow players for good performance. While that is definitely an idea we’ll keep pinned for the future, today’s release enables you to boost the construction & mobilization times for your allies.
      Finally, the population tooltip in the province bar has been updated to display detailed, dynamic information to aid in your strategic planning.

Changes:
      • Secret Weapons lab (Level 1) is now a requirement to construct all tiers of the Seasonal Helicopter
      • You can now speedup construction and mobilization times of your coalition members
      • The population tooltip has been updated with detailed, dynamic information about cities that you own
      Map Updates:
      • NEW & UPDATED Rising Tides - Now 100 Players
        • Nations which had 4 cities are now increased to 5, making the new minimum 5
        • Nations in central Europe had 1 city removed. This has been done to cater to the smaller map size and city clusters within that region
        • New Nations added/merged to reduce density of cities and cater to smaller map size
        • Tweaked and polished borders
        • New Victory Sites were added, to fit the rebalanced map. You can find the new locations here.
      • Flashpoint
        • Updated Leader names
        • Added secondary borders for smaller provinces and neighboring islands (does not affect gameplay, this is done in anticipation of the mobile Application)
      • World War 3
        • Updated Leader names
        • Added secondary borders for smaller provinces and neighboring islands (does not affect gameplay, this is done in anticipation of the mobile Application)
      Fixes:
      • Fixed issue where Attack Event Notification was showing the air base a plane is situated from rather than the location where the attack was executed
      • Fixed an army related loop event which would cause servers to destabilize

//Your CoN Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Hmm yet another nerf to elite helis? not to sure what to think about that one
      secret lab doesnt really make sense to me as it usually only becomes a requirement once units get stealth
      the airbase levels required for them are imo enough

about the other changes:
      so mobile is making progress?

and i still have a list with QOL changes the game could need :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Kurt, I think the first few were offered today. I'm in one. They are not currently opening many at a time.

Also, on a general note, I wanted to say that I went into the new Rising Tides map expecting not to like the reorganization and changes from the 128-player map to the 100-player map, but on initial, quick inspection, I really do. So far, my response to the team on the new version of the map is "Nice job!"
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Kurt, I think the first few were offered today. I'm in one. They are not currently opening many at a time.

Also, on a general note, I wanted to say that I went into the new Rising Tides map expecting not to like the reorganization and changes from the 128-player map to the 100-player map, but on initial, quick inspection, I really do. So far, my response to the team on the new version of the map is "Nice job!"
      I think I’m in the same one. I also like it so far, although I haven’t seriously played a Rising Tides before and therefore am not acquainted with the mechanical differences. It’s definitely a nice change from the usual, and I found it particularly amusing to see the fractured superpowers, particularly the divisions of the American ones, in an actual game.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

There will be 4x Rising Tides offered this weekend. That's perfect timing for me ending at least one of my current 4x games, SO... I'll be joining one of the 4x Rising Tides with serious intentions this coming weekend. That'll give me two 1x Rising Tides and at least one 4x Rising Tides maps active.
      Wow, great! I intend to join one of the 4X also and perhaps another 1X depending on how my Namibia Rising Tides goes.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

I'm not sure how did it change it for you? I play japan to be fair so standard navy start wouldn't change. Also now there isn't any point on researching motoried already having some at high lvl means I can compose my defenses of ng and motorized without any fear that I'd run out of motorized
      early aggression is way less viable and even aircraft early on is kinda dangerous of a move cuz high lvl asf
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • One of the first and primary difference for me is that everyone now starts out with what I'm going to call an imbalance between starting units and produced units. In a "normal" game, If I mobilize, let's say, Motor Inf, as soon as possible, they appear at exactly the same strength and level as all of the ones I started out with, as well as all the ones my opponent started out with. I can go from having, let's say, 10 equal units to having, let's say 13 equal units. In Rising Tides, I can't immediately begin mobilizing units equal to the units I and my opponents have started out with. So, now, instead of having 13 equal units after mobilization, I end up with 10 superior units and 3 inferior units.

Now, of course, this is true for everyone, so it is still even in that way. However, it makes it so the initial units and the new units aren't interchangable. I can't, for instance, effectively defend my city against an attack by three of my opponents' initial units with three of my newly mobilized units. With countries like Japan or the UK, who don't normally have to whether immediate ground attacks, this may not seem like a significant difference, but for countries that start out in amongst a number of connected neighbors, it requires a slightly different element of defense than how one would defend in a WWIII game.