When will the number of stacked units go down?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When will the number of stacked units go down?

For example: let's say you have 3 strike fighters each 20hp that is in stack 60hp.

If above stack hp is lower than 40hp the stack will loose one plane after att/def.
      Am I right?
      It is full stack hp minus hp of one single unit that is the limit after unit in stack is lost. Ofc same type units count.

If that is true I need to split them and attack individually to avod loss of unit?
      That count to any unit type
    • Yes that's the limit. and no splitting them is not very good as u will retrieve the defense rating twice!.

Let's say u split them 2 sf and 1 sf stack.
      The 1 sf stack has damage let's say 5 and he will receive from most stacks 3+ damage. so u r not trading well. splitting will make u suffer the defense damage for each stack.

A better solution is to mix ur stack from early on.
      e.g. 1 asf + 4 sf
      or the better 1 naval sf and 4 sf
      usually naval sf and asfs will absorb a lot of damage doubling damage taken before u lose units.

If u do need to kill some unit for some reason ( will capture ur city) u might split .

Also its better to split on recovery if u sure u will not need them for some time send each sf to different airport each will get the +1 hp healing.
      Note that its also better to mix stacks on healing. healing = (healing constant)* number of damaged units a stack of 3 sfs means 2 full hp sfs and 1 injured sf
      Healing = (constant)*1
      but a stack of 1 asf 1 sf 1 naval sf will have three injured units
      Healing = (constant) *3.

Final word naval strikes will give u better attack result in the 1 naval +4 sfs stack. but don't be afraid to use the 1 asf + 4 sf stack if u don't have the naval ones yet
    • Thanks for reply.
      I know that is better to add air sup etc to stack, just didn't had any at the moment.
      Btw it was just an example.
      I actually splited helicopters to avoid unit loss because they were close to hp when one would die. I splited them only to finish some injured units and not to loose any in stack. Maybe I lost some more hp but I have high lvl hospital where an airport is located.
    • You are right .. but I would and do seperate. but send 1 back to a regional base to heal. I build up one regional base with hostiptal 2 or 3. so im getting 3 or 4 hp per day heal. So if I have a 5 stack and it starts to get close to 80 pct (pt Id lose a unit) .. return it to base to heal up (3 hp x 5 planes = 1 plane regenerated for free as only 15hp on ground). Too valuable and time/cost to rebuild. End of days hostilities if region secure send all back to base then get 15 x 5hp or 4 planes regenerated for free if neccessary. (look at it as building free of cost) ... If going heavy strike then hospitals in occupied area are a must

So if fighting big battle will start with 5 stack ....4 stack....3 stack .. as far as I have to drop and peel the 1 back to heal. Then I end up with 15 - 20 strike fighters instead of losing and replacing. Once 3 or 4 squads of 5 not really an issue. In addition get to lvl 4 and research Cruise missiles. great combo to take out big mixed stack. Hit with 1 or 2 cruise (best for Armour) then hit weakened stack(equal damage to inf/armor) this saves wear and tear on planes. 5 stack can fire 5 CM every 12 hrs.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • when you join them.. the damage gets split and they all heal.

heck end of day jump all my planes regardless of damaged or not together... the ones damage split the damage amoungst the healthy and they all heal together. trust me do it every game.

so in theory say have 1 plane at .1 out of 15 HP if I join that with 14 full 15 hp. the stack = 210.1 / 225 and stack will heal at 3hp x 15 = 45 hp per day for that stack. so would go from 210.1 to 225 in about 8 hrs. (vala brand new plane for free) and stack is back to full strength. If you keep hammering with existing stack and lose 1 now you have to build for 24 hrs (and you are just back to where you were and not adding to inventory of fleet). so now when I heal that one and build a new one instead of replacing your wasted one my overall fire power has increased in 24 hrs yours just remained the same. I never loose planes unless an absolute emergency (and since 95 pct of time fighting in occupied territory not an emergency). Planes in general only units you have full control of what you lose (waste).

Im on day 28 of game and have 115 units (probably about 20 planes; 15 - 20 ships; 5 AFV ; rest NG and Inf) other partners with large territories have about half my troops as waste them as you recommended above. Have patience and wait to win the battles without losing units then a month later you have an over welming force instead of just replacing units you burned up.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

Aircrafts are the fasting healing units yes, except for drones, they are the slowest.
      Wow, I didn't know drones could be healed. I thought if they were ever hit, they're dead. ... ;)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

may be but then that doesn't apply to ground units
      yes it does.. its just not practical to return to a regional hospital as much as planes. But same thing if I have a 5 stack of inf near 80 pct can break down to 4 and fly one to a hospital base. same thing applies. once you merge a stack of common type. the damage is spread across that common unit type than heals at x times # of units per day for whole stack

• Teburu wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Aircrafts are the fasting healing units yes, except for drones, they are the slowest.
      I like the theoretical and practical u made on aircrat e.g. damage absorption.I believe u decided to use helios instead of air strike why?
      cuz he loves helis
      helis so a waste after day 20 and/or in a region with big prov. you are immediatly out of range. My coalition partner found that out this game. he was cleaning up week 1 - 2 with them but when we got to africa/europe they have been useless and when he finally got them to the front they got shot down. Now he has no air cover

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

abdul_the_brave wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

I like the theoretical and practical u made on aircrat e.g. damage absorption.I believe u decided to use helios instead of air strike why?
      cuz he loves helis
      helis so a waste after day 20 and/or in a region with big prov. you are immediatly out of range. My coalition partner found that out this game. he was cleaning up week 1 - 2 with them but when we got to africa/europe they have been useless and when he finally got them to the front they got shot down. Now he has no air cover
      not really; they have a ton of advantages even tho they suck against large provinces but that doesnt really matter
      - they have extreme survivability
      - dont get rekt by sams
      - reliable way to contest navy
      - oh and dont forget they're semi stealth
      on top of that you dont need to invest into an extra naval version for carrier use
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • but they have much lower damage especially gunships.
      I think season helis is so good I'm waiting for their comeback to get the concuil.

Teburu wrote:

not really; they have a ton of advantages even tho they suck against large provinces but that doesnt really matter- they have extreme survivability
      - dont get rekt by sams
      - reliable way to contest navy
      - oh and dont forget they're semi stealth
      on top of that you dont need to invest into an extra naval version for carrier use
      1 ans 2 is so true aa doesn't give that much of a damage that I think season helis can easily destroy it even with infantry buffers and stuff.
      - yeb there is no navy that has high choppers damage

the carrier is thing is convenient for western civilizations being mostly on sea and getting better attack choppers.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

but they have much lower damage especially gunships.
      I think season helis is so good I'm waiting for their comeback to get the concuil.
      I don't think thats really a fair point to make; helis are more specialized in that regard and tbh otherwise heli techtree would be kinda empty :D

and early on gunships are far better than SF cuz their dmg to inf is way higher (starting at 9 at lvl 1, compared to SF with 4.5 and higher requirements)
      I am The Baseline for opinions