How Should You Use Gold?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How Should You Use Gold?

Most of us are aware of Golding. Like it or not, it’s not going away anytime soon, and this thread isn’t about this. It’s one of the only ways to support the game we all love, and I entirely support spending on gold myself, although I hold relatively neutral on the use of gold. I know this is a dicey subject, and I don’t intend for this to turn into a gold rant of any sort. I’m instead asking for what you all, especially people who use gold, think about how to use gold “politely” and especially what rules govern your own use of gold. Please be civil in discussion and don’t rail against gold use itself, otherwise we’ll have to shut down the thread, but any enlightening opinions not trying to abolish gold and shedding light on how you think gold should be used are welcome.
    • I never spend any irl money on this game due to my country currency is too much different to handle the price.
      so I only had gold from winning the round. here how I use it all.

- accidentally boost moral when try to open province info
      - accidentally heal unit
      - accidentally speed up construction
      - accidentally speed up unit production
      - accidentally speed up research

lol I intented to save it up to 20k so I could spend it all in a single game but that never come.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Let me give my opinion:

1- buying resources:
      by far this is the best use of gold better to invest most of ur gold balance on it

2- speed up unit production :
      This feature is pretty useless if u r not producing from all your cities better buy resources and make all ur cities ready to mobilize.
      u might need to speed up certain units in special cases ( ballistic subs , theater defense system , being attacked and need immediate defenders) but this is nit a general case.
      So if u r producing from all ur citis u might consider it elst not really

3- speed up buildings:
      just as last one better buy resources and build in another city.
      case study: having 2 airports lvl 1 upgrading 1 to lvl 2 to build strike fighters I want many fighters so I will fasten the building.Another way buy resources and upgrade second airport and u will be producing twice as much also.
      There is also these special cases where u need some specific unit from exactly one city so upgrading buildings will be important.

4- morale increase :
      1- in home land usually cities are stable so no real need.ur home land city is conquered and u reconquered it. increasing its morale from 50 to 80 will cost u 1500 while u can get 4000 for 2300. compare the production but usually u will choose the immediate resource purchase. the real problem is head ups on mobilization time so consider it too.

2-In conquered cities: that's quite interesting u need to increase morale exactly once to stop insurgents . Again 1 motorized or my lovely tier 2 national guard will do and u can buy resources to build him and use him later.
      Now all ur cities in ideal states are producing and stabilize jsut frees more units but still u could have build them really early while ur cities are not all producing important units 8 hours aint much.
      but I think this feature is important to keep ur attacking stacks intact and to have more fun attacking

5- speed up research :
      This is a very very good feature if u already bought enough rare material to keep researching u can use it and it will give tremendous advantage

6- intelligence: This is pretty good and important use but I will not talk further on it

7- healing units : building new units is better but u might need it if u have important units on low hp (e.g. carrier and u must keep air units their).

8- meta shift : u can consider many units that are not good for normal players if u use a lot of gold e.g. the carrier and stealth air units this is quite interesting as I'm pretty sure the carrier build can destroy the destroyer frigate stacks in a blink.
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

I never spend any irl money on this game due to my country currency is too much different to handle the price.

- accidentally heal unit

lol I intented to save it up to 20k so I could spend it all in a single game but that never come.
      same I try to save it but some times I use an old pc with a bad mouse double clicking and using gold accidentally. but I don't play but publics so usually I'm not interested in using gold.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

Let me give my opinion:

1- buying resources:
      by far this is the best use of gold better to invest most of ur gold balance on it

2- speed up unit production :
      This feature is pretty useless if u r not producing from all your cities better buy resources and make all ur cities ready to mobilize.
      u might need to speed up certain units in special cases ( ballistic subs , theater defense system , being attacked and need immediate defenders) but this is nit a general case.
      So if u r producing from all ur citis u might consider it elst not really

3- speed up buildings:
      just as last one better buy resources and build in another city.
      case study: having 2 airports lvl 1 upgrading 1 to lvl 2 to build strike fighters I want many fighters so I will fasten the building.Another way buy resources and upgrade second airport and u will be producing twice as much also.
      There is also these special cases where u need some specific unit from exactly one city so upgrading buildings will be important.

4- morale increase :
      1- in home land usually cities are stable so no real need.ur home land city is conquered and u reconquered it. increasing its morale from 50 to 80 will cost u 1500 while u can get 4000 for 2300. compare the production but usually u will choose the immediate resource purchase. the real problem is head ups on mobilization time so consider it too.

2-In conquered cities: that's quite interesting u need to increase morale exactly once to stop insurgents . Again 1 motorized or my lovely tier 2 national guard will do and u can buy resources to build him and use him later.
      Now all ur cities in ideal states are producing and stabilize jsut frees more units but still u could have build them really early while ur cities are not all producing important units 8 hours aint much.
      but I think this feature is important to keep ur attacking stacks intact and to have more fun attacking

5- speed up research :
      This is a very very good feature if u already bought enough rare material to keep researching u can use it and it will give tremendous advantage

6- intelligence: This is pretty good and important use but I will not talk further on it

7- healing units : building new units is better but u might need it if u have important units on low hp (e.g. carrier and u must keep air units their).

8- meta shift : u can consider many units that are not good for normal players if u use a lot of gold e.g. the carrier and stealth air units this is quite interesting as I'm pretty sure the carrier build can destroy the destroyer frigate stacks in a blink.
      I agree with buying resources method; a few dollars of gold and you’re set up for the game. Speeding up research and production, along with intelligence, are probably the best uses of gold.
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

I never spend any irl money on this game due to my country currency is too much different to handle the price.

- accidentally heal unit

I do the same as you do, except I used to loose mine trying to drop occasional gold to acquire strategically inconsequential benefits. Still, it might be a while before I get a whole 20K saved up. I just got back to 1.5K.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stratieon ().

• best use really depends on how much gold you have
      tho imo buying ressources is waaay more effective than really any other option of gold use

speeding up building/research is only really good early on where a a few units more can make a huge difference, but its too costly to consistenly keep doing that (golding lvl 5 recruitment offices maybe more efficient long term?)

healing also seems rather...ineffective; mostly because cost of healing seems to increase with max HP
      so golding a max lvl hospital seems more effective in the long run (tho golding HP for aircraft makes them pretty much invincible as you can't lock them in combat like navy/ground units to prevent gold use for healing)

for morale? only really worth considering if your penalties slow down the rise of morale way to much for you to make any real progress (tho its worth keeping in mind that even if you use gold to have more morale than the current target morale; it will drop to target morale)

for agents/intel? yeah probably the most overpowered?/most expensive use of gold
      not being bound to the usual times for spy activities (cuz its instant) is pretty strong; revealing whole enemy army can be pretty strong if you don't know what to expect/are looking for something specific but imo its not really worth it cuz radar is a thing + it only lasts until daychange (btw appearently an army discovered via intel agents + radar will give you basically true sight on a stack, you'll see it movement orders+ stacksize etc when in radar range)
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

best use really depends on how much gold you have
      tho imo buying ressources is waaay more effective than really any other option of gold use

speeding up building/research is only really good early on where a a few units more can make a huge difference, but its too costly to consistenly keep doing that (golding lvl 5 recruitment offices maybe more efficient long term?)

healing also seems rather...ineffective; mostly because cost of healing seems to increase with max HP
      so golding a max lvl hospital seems more effective in the long run (tho golding HP for aircraft makes them pretty much invincible as you can't lock them in combat like navy/ground units to prevent gold use for healing)

for morale? only really worth considering if your penalties slow down the rise of morale way to much for you to make any real progress (tho its worth keeping in mind that even if you use gold to have more morale than the current target morale; it will drop to target morale)

for agents/intel? yeah probably the most overpowered?/most expensive use of gold
      not being bound to the usual times for spy activities (cuz its instant) is pretty strong; revealing whole enemy army can be pretty strong if you don't know what to expect/are looking for something specific but imo its not really worth it cuz radar is a thing + it only lasts until daychange (btw appearently an army discovered via intel agents + radar will give you basically true sight on a stack, you'll see it movement orders+ stacksize etc when in radar range)
      Conclusion here:

1. Buy resources, definitely the best overall use.
      2. Intel! Overpowered if you have enough.
      3. Speed stuff up early game.
    • outside any previous political takes... best use of gold is to buy resources early st 7 days ( rare material for sure) and what ever lse you need to keep build ' mobilizations and researches going as close to 100 pct capacity.

speed ups suck up resources and gold way too much.

But i just buy maybe 1.99 (maybe two) or 4.99 pack early on to pay entertainment fee and even out resources as usually start 5 - 6 cities versis 10.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • actually have found most efficient use early in game is to raise morale in occupied cities. say I have 2 k from previous game. that goes fast like 1 build. but Day 1 - 2 I can bypass sitting on 4 cities for two days and keep trucking to get cities 5 - 9 this puts me way ahead of schedule on resources and taking out 1st day enemies.

500 gold gets that city from 25 pctt to 35 pct which also increases production x 4 . so instead of having 8 - 12 units sitting there for 2 days im moving fwd.

Next most efficient is but 4k of Rare (for sure) @ 2300k gold which keeps the research tree going early; and whatever you may need probably supplies early?? depends on country
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • At the beginning of the game, I use it to have a unit that gives me an advantage, for example destroyers. The rest, I use in the development of arms industries to have resources . I don't find it helpful in boosting the morale of cities, you can lose them later and the investment is gone. On intel, radars, recon or ASF can do that.
      “The dog does not bark out of courage, but out of fear.”
      Chinese Proverb