Air Ops from Carriers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Air Ops from Carriers?

Of course, carriers serve as a base of operations for aircraft not in proximity to an airbase close enough to their target. However, in real life, carriers can also support air operations besides direct combat aircraft; e.g. air assault operations. I do not believe this is a feature in CoN, so what do you all think about such a capability? Would it be feasible from a gameplay perspective? What effect would it have on the meta? How likely would it’s addition be with the completion of mobile? (Great work to the devs on that!)
    • It would be most appreciated for me, I can finally conduct Air Ops without air bases. Furthermore, this may actually draw some more use to the (often said) neglected aircraft carrier (due to cost and lack of use). Additional range will allow more rapid response to an enemy invasion, by positioning an aircraft carrier near your home land, you can still fight back when the enemy is way too far away from your troops. Eg Canada is invading and you are US fighting a war with, say, Chile. Even though your troops are far away, using an Aircraft Carrier to launch an air assault on the invading force can delay it, or even stop it entirely, buying time for more forces to handle Canada (note that this example is not the best).