Shaping the Century Remastered

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shaping the Century Remastered

Shaping the Century
      Roleplay created by: Vex
      Ideas taken from Vex’s former CoW Roleplay “The New Millennium RP” alongside contributions from the community.

Note: Please actively check the forum post for updates and votes on features we can add into the game while we wait for all playable spots to be filled. Any act to directly copy or steal the work of Vex or his Roleplays without permission will not be taken lightly and will be worked to be removed from the forums.

Summary:
      Your Favorite (or maybe not so) RP developer Vex returns with a Modern Sequel to The Hit Call of War RP “The New Millennium RP”. After 4 months of temporary retirement, Vex is back and better than ever, taking Roleplays to a whole new level, alongside you, the Call of Nations Roleplay community.

It is February 1st, 2017:

The much controversial U.S. elections ended in an unexpected win for underdog President Donald J. Trump, who is attacked for his straight-forward and honest remarks, bringing upon a new era of American politics of the ‘America First’ policy. Ending 2016, Russian-US relations were at lows that haven’t been seen since the Cold War. Things haven’t gotten any better in Trump’s first month, despite Trump and Putin’s admiration for each other, which has led many democratic party members to believe a Russian interference in the U.S. elections took place, citing their ‘democracy is under attack’. America is more divided now than ever.

In the pacific, North Korean Leader Kim-Jong Un amps up North Korean Missile testing and expansions of the military causing tensions to rise with The United States and her pacific allies, as China begins to lose support for the isolated and fellow communist nation, causing it to become even more self-dependent. The South Korean President is facing claims of corruption and impeachment is possible in the next month, which leaves a power gap in a country in which has been on guard against the ever-growing North Korean threat for nearly 50 years. The Korean Peninsula and the world is at risk more now, than ever.

The United Kingdom is on the verge of exiting from the EU after nearly 44 years of membership, asking Europe and the world, ‘what is next’. France is holding elections in the next few months, with right-wing, anti-NATO candidate Le Pen looking like a true contender as terrorist attacks keep pounding the nation. Europe is at risk, more now than ever.

The Syrian government has effectively beaten off the US-backed rebels and is starting to focus on the ICA in Northern Syria, with Bashar Al-Assad once again is claiming his throne as ‘President of Syria’, despite multiple commendations and evidence of use of Chemical weapons against his own people, citing multiple human right violations from the U.N. The New Iraqi government struggles to fight off the ICA who has been terrorizing them and their people for years now, despite US-Led coalition strikes. The Middle East is more at risk now, than ever.

No matter where you are on the globe, you are at risk.

This is your Century, shape it how you will...

Rules:
      Please note, failure to follow the rules will result in removal of your nation from the game. In addition, you will no longer be allowed to partake in any future Roleplays created by Vex, and Vex will actively notify any other Roleplay creators of your malicious and troll behavior. Thank you.

1. STAY ACTIVE! This is a huge part of the Roleplay that can make or break it. We have the potential to make this one of the biggest RPs on Call of Nations. If for any reason you must be absent for 2 or more days, please contact the game admin Vex with how long you will be gone, why you’ll be gone, and any more important details.
      2. No Gold spending!
      3. NO LAND GRABBING!
      4. Act realistically to your nation as of 2017, obviously, we will be in a future setting, so if you have any doubts about an action you take being realistic please contact Vex before you carry out the action
      5. No fighting to the death, if you feel as if you lost the war (minimum of 1 province left) , you must comply to the final surrender offer no matter what.
      6. No trolling.
      7. Follow the tech tree restrictions, this will be enforced heavily. If you have units that you are not allowed to, they must be sent to Alaska to be destroyed. Let Vex know you are sending them and leave them offshore, on a boat for Vex (The US) to destroy.
      8. Must post EVERYDAY in the Newspaper! The posts must exceed or be equal to 2 well written Paragraphs!
      9. ALWAYS RESORT TO DIPLOMACY FIRST! You must have extremely EXTREMELY justified reasoning for war.
      10. Do not escalate situations fast for extra conflict. Legitimate reasons for war should be common sense in this community. If you lack common sense, please contact Vex or someone more experienced to guide you.
      11. Must be active in Discord!

TECH TREES ARE BELOW: THEY ARE STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS AS WE GET PLAYERS. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED AND HELPFUL. THANK YOU ALL.

• Playable Countries:

-United States of America (Vex04)
      Nuclear Nation

Tech Tree:

Infantry:
      -Modern Infantry (including Personal Armor perk)
      -Modern Mechanized
      -Modern Marines
      -Modern Airborne
      -Modern Rangers

Armored:
      -M3 Bradley (including Reinforced Armor perk)
      -ACV 1.1
      -M1A2 Abrams (Can upgrade to M1A3 in 2020)
      -M1134 Stryker ATGM

Support:
      -M777 Howitzer (including Extended Barrel Upgrade)
      -M1203 NLOS
      -M142 HIMARS
      -LAV-AD Air Defense (including Ground-to-Air Armament Upgrade)
      -AN/TWQ-1 Avenger
      -THAAD Missile Defense
      -PATRIOT AN/MPQ-53

Helicopters:
      -AH-1Z Viper (including Fuel Optimization Measures)
      -AH-64D Apache Longbow (including Fuel Optimization Measures and Engine Upgrade)
      -MH-60R Seahawk

Fighter:
      -F-16V Viper (including Streamlined Production)
      -F-14D Super Tomcat
      -F-22 Raptor
      -F-15E Strike Eagle (including Streamlined Production)
      -F/A-18E Super Hornet
      -F-35 Lightning II

Heavies:
      -P-8 Poseidon
      -E-8 STARS
      -E-2 Hawkeye
      -B-1 Lancer (including Bunker Busting Ordnance)
      -B-2 Spirit

Naval:
      -Freedom Class LCS (including Air Defense Upgrade)
      -Perry Class
      -Arleigh Burke Class
      -Ticonderoga Class
      -Gerald R. Ford Class

Subs:
      -Virginia Class Subs
      -Ohio Class (including up to Cruise Missile Launch System)

Missiles:
      -Able to construct all Missile parts.

-Russian Federation
      Nuclear Nation

Tech Tree:

-China
      Nuclear Nation
      (Taken Zwol)

Tech Tree:

Infantry:
      -Advanced Infantry (including NBC Protection Perk)
      -Advanced Mechanized (including NBC Protection Perk)
      -Advanced Marines (including Portable Air Defense)
      -Advanced Airborne (including Advanced Ballistics)
      -Modern Spetsnaz

Armor:
      -BMP-3 (including NBC protection)
      -Bumerang
      -T-14 Armata (including Modern Survival Kit)
      -BMPT Terminator (including Reinforced Armor)

Support:
      -2A65 Msta-B (including Extended Barrel Upgrade)
      -2S35 Koalitsiya-SV
      -9A52-4 Tornado
      -2K22 Tunguska (including Ground-to-Air Armament System)
      -Pantsir-S1
      -Antey-2500
      -Nebo-M

Helicopters:
      -Mi-24 Hind
      -Ka-52 Alligator (including Fuel Optimization Measures)
      -Ka-27 Helix

Jets:
      -MiG-29 Fulcrum
      -Su-33 Flanker D
      -Su-27 Flanker
      -Yak-38
      -United 40 B5

Heavies:
      -A-40 Albatros
      -A-100
      -Tu-22M Backfire

Naval:
      -Steregushchiy Class
      -Neustrashimy Class
      -Sovremenny Class
      -Kara Class (including Expanded Missile Magazine)
      -Kiev Class (including Air Defense Upgrade)

Subs:
      -Yasen Class
      -Typhoon Class (including Improved Reloading System)

Missiles:
      -Kh-55
      -Guided Missile Program
      -Chemical Weapons Program
      -Nuclear Weapons Program
      -RT-2PM Topol (including Booster Upgrade)
      -OTR-21 Tochka

-India
      Nuclear Nation

Tech Tree:

-The United Kingdom
      Nuclear Nation

Tech Tree:

-Canada
      (Taken Bacon)

Tech Tree:

-France
      Nuclear Nation

Tech Tree:

-Germany

Tech Tree:

-Iran

Tech Tree:

-Australia

Tech Tree:

-Sweden

Tech Tree:

-Poland

Tech Tree:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vex04 ().

• Tech Tree:

-Indonesia

Tech Tree:

-Vietnam
      (Taken Popkillerlight)

Tech Tree:

-Turkey

Tech Tree:

-Saudi-Arabia

Tech Tree:

-Syria (plays as Algeria)

Tech Tree:

-North Korea (plays as DR Congo)
      Nuclear Nation
      (Taken by Sigmar)

Tech Tree:

Infantry:
      -Basic Infantry (including Man Portable Air Defense)
      -Basic Mechanized (including Engine Upgrade)
      -Basic Marines (including NBC Protection)
      -Basic Airborne (including Rapid Deployment Training)
      -Basic Spetsnaz (including Portable Air Defense)

Armor:
      -BMP-2 (including Engine Upgrade)
      -BTR-80 (including Anti-Air Capability)
      -T-80 (including Reinforced Armor)
      -No Tank Destroyers
      -2S25 Sprut-SD

Support:
      -D-30 (including Rocket Assisted Projectiles)
      -2S3 Akatsiya
      -BM-21 Grad
      -ZSU-57-2 (including Reinforced Armor)
      -1L121-E

Helicopter:
      -Mi-24 Hind
      -Ka-50 Black Shark
      -Ka-25

Fighters:
      -MiG-23 Flogger (including Reinforced Airframe)
      -Yak-141
      -Su-24 Fencer
      -No UAV

Heavies:
      -Tu-142 Bear
      -Tu-126
      -Tu-95 Bear

Naval:
      -Albatros Class (including Survivability Refit)
      -Krivak Class

Submarines:
      -Viktor Class (including Nuclear Reactor Refit)
      Missiles:
      -Guided Missile Program
      -Chemical Weapons Program
      -Nuclear Weapons Program
      -P-500 Bazalt (including Booster Upgrade)

-Japan
      (Taken by superman_24)

Tech Tree:

-Egypt will play as Egypt and ICA

Tech Tree:

-Italy

Tech Tree:

-South Korea (plays as Colombia)

Tech Tree:

-Iraq (plays as South Africa)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vex04 ().

• Tech Tree:

-Mexico

Tech Tree:

-Brazil

Tech Tree:

-Argentina

Tech Tree:

Game Features:

Factionship-
      This Roleplay will include all major factions important to the setting and era of the roleplay. (2017).

The Current starting factions are as follows…

NATO:

NATO or North Atlantic Treaty Org. members by default are as follows;

NATO-
      The United States of America
      The United Kingdom
      Italy
      France
      Canada
      Turkey
      Germany
      Poland

NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

European Union (EU)-
      The EU’s (European Union) members are as follows;
      France
      Germany
      Italy
      Sweden
      The United Kingdom (The U.K. has the option immediately to initiate Article 50 to effectively leave the EU)

The fundamental purposes of the European Union are to promote greater social, political and economic harmony among the nations of Western Europe. The EU reasons that nations whose economies are interdependent are less likely to engage in conflict

United Nations (UN)-
      The United Nations (UN) will feature all countries as members. For simplicity reasons.

UNSC (UN Security Council)
      All votes to take any sort of action can be vetoed by any of the permanent members of the UNSC, those members are as follows...

-United States
      -Russia
      -France
      -United Kingdom
      -China

The central purposes for which the U.N. was established -- to maintain international peace and security; to foster cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian problems; to promote respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms; to develop friendly relations among nations
      The UNSC have the power to authorise UN peacekeepers however if funds are needed. Funds may only be allocated by the general assembly of the UN.

Landswap-

This Roleplay will feature many different landswaps. The purpose of this is to allow countries who play a bigger role in the year, 2017, to be able to exist with the limitations of the playable countries on the map(s) of Call of Nations.The following countries will need to swap lands, in this process, the country may attack the AI at the beginning to take its land and WILL ROLEPLAY as the country they took.

1-Colombia will take over South Korea and Roleplay as South Korea.
      2-South Africa will take over Iraq, and Roleplay as Iraq.
      3-DR Congo will take over North Korea, and Roleplay as North Korea.
      4-Algeria will take over Syria, and Roleplay as Syria.
      5-Egypt will take over the following provinces, and Roleplay as BOTH Egypt and ICA
      Al Hasakah, Syria
      Ar Raqqah, Syria
      Deir Ez-Zur, Syria
      Sinjar, Iraq
      Mosul, Iraq
      Erbil, Iraq

Landswap Rules:

The landswaps will occur before the Roleplay starts. The countries that landswap are allowed to keep their CORE provinces, however they MAY NOT produce units in their Core Provinces or build Arms Industries higher than level 2.

Ex: North Korea cannot produce any troops in DR Congo land, however they may take resources from them, but cannot build Arms Industries higher than Level 2 in their core provinces.

Time and Date System:

Every single day in real life will transfer over into a month in the game time.
      1 Real Life Day = 1 Month in-game

The start date is February 1st, 2017

‘Civil War’ groups:
      Introduction to ICA:

Disclaimer: PLEASE NOTE: The ICA is loosely depicting ISIS or ISIL. It is a spoof version of them, to TRY and avoid any conflict with the game developers. This in no way is supporting or giving any glory to horrible and awful terrorist organizations such as ISIS, but simply to put a representation of it to give players the full effect and immersiveness the Roleplay game needs in order to successfully maintain the realism of the Roleplay. By picking Egypt (Which will also roleplay as ICA), you in no way are showing sympathy, support or allegiance to the group, but simply playing as it to make the experience as real as possible.
      The ICA or commonly known as the Islamic Caliphate Army is a force that arose shortly after the fall of La-Ida during an American led effort to topple the group worldwide. After American forces pulled out a majority of troops in Iraq around 2012, ICA started gaining widespread support based on a campaign of terror and anti-western policies.

Active Community Development-

One of the features that stood out and made ‘The New Millennium RP’ such a hit was the fact that the RP developer listened to the community. Personally, I believe in Community feedback is the key to success in an RP. I have learned to take criticism and add features off of it in order to ensure that all players and the community enjoy the features I plug into the RP.

Application:

Required fields marked with an *

*In-Game Name:

*Select the Country you wish to play as:

*Discord: You must have an active discord, in order to partake in the Roleplay.

*Example Article (must exceed 2 paragraphs):

*I agree to stay in character at all times: I agree/ No

*I will stay active in all events throughout the game, under any in-game circumstances: I agree/ No

*I agree to Roleplay as my leader, his advisors, his people and the country's press whenever it is needed, and will always stay in-character: I agree/ No
      *I understand and agree to all current and future information this post is giving to me and will cooperate with every rule stated above: I agree/ No

*I agree that the Admin and RP creator Vex has the ability to deny me access to the game for any reason deemed necessary to preserve the integrity, fun and realism of the Roleplay: I agree/ No

*If I have any doubts about the realism of an action I wish my country to take, I will consult game admin Vex prior to carrying out the action: Yes/No

Questions, concerns or comments: (I enjoy questions and clearing up any parts that are unclear, as I generally do work when I am extremely exhausted and manage to confuse many people in the process, so please do ask!)

IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER FEATURE SUGGESTIONS, (TRY TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX) PLEASE LET ME KNOW. WE WILL VOTE REGULARLY ON THIS FORUM AND IN THE DISCORD SO PLEASE BE PREPARED TO VOTE FOR THE FEATURES WE WANT TO ADD WHILE WE WAIT FOR PLAYER SLOTS TO BE FILLED.

(Please check back to see updates to the forum post. Thank you.)
    • *In-Game Name: PAD_MINOTAUR

*Select the Country you wish to play as: ISRAEL??

*Discord: You must have an active discord, in order to partake in the Roleplay. THE_WITCH_KING_OF_ANGMAR

*Example Article (must exceed 2 paragraphs):
      Israel has always been surrounded by enemies. Syria to our North-East and Egypt to out South-West have no kind feelings about Israel, which is why it is fortunate that Donald Trump has become the President of the USA. Without the US, Israel would not have most the the military equipment which it not currently possess. Now, at this time, Israel is gripped in a land struggle for the Holy Land. With the protection of Neutrality, we should be able to out-live any upcoming conflicts.
      Israel is not a large nation, but it is a strong one, and we will defend out borders to the last. God will always protect us from the hordes at our gate, and we pray that he continues to keep us safe from enemies. Let us also hope that the world does not plunge into a third world war, one which, I fear, the world cannot endure...

*I agree to stay in character at all times: I AGREE
      *I will stay active in all events throughout the game, under any in-game circumstances: I AGREE
      *I agree to Roleplay as my leader, his advisors, his people and the country's press whenever it is needed, and will always stay in-character: I AGREE
      *I understand and agree to all current and future information this post is giving to me and will cooperate with every rule stated above: I AGREE

*I agree that the Admin and RP creator Vex has the ability to deny me access to the game for any reason deemed necessary to preserve the integrity, fun and realism of the Roleplay: I AGREE

*If I have any doubts about the realism of an action I wish my country to take, I will consult game admin Vex prior to carrying out the action: YES

Questions, concerns or comments: (I enjoy questions and clearing up any parts that are unclear, as I generally do work when I am extremely exhausted and manage to confuse many people in the process, so please do ask!)

SHOULD I NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY AS ISRAEL FOR SOME REASON, PLEASE INFORM ME AND RESERVE RUSSIA. I THINK WE COULD TRANSPLANT A NATION FOR ISRAEL THOUGH...

IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER FEATURE SUGGESTIONS, (TRY TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX) PLEASE LET ME KNOW. WE WILL VOTE REGULARLY ON THIS FORUM AND IN THE DISCORD SO PLEASE BE PREPARED TO VOTE FOR THE FEATURES WE WANT TO ADD WHILE WE WAIT FOR PLAYER SLOTS TO BE FILLED.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PAD_Minotaur ().

• For those of you that don't know Vex went inactive and hasn't been around in ~a month and a half.
      Too bad this never got up and running :(
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation