Strategy 101

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Strategy 101

Good morning Guys.

I've just started playing this game and I must say I have way too many questions.

I've been trying to use every unit in the game, in order to learn and find out what are the meta ones and what are the useless ones, but I find my lack of game mechanics disturbing. So I decided to come ask you guys for some guidance.

First of all, regarding defense, it seems obvious to me that this game does not reward military camps at the borders, using them as they were fortresses, as resources are kinda scarce and troops are not so abundant as needed to maintain a large front, at least at the start of the game.

So, I figured it would be best to use one Military Camp, namely my HQ for that front, that I will use for units rotation, healing, and for support (Air mostly). But I feel that strategy might be lacking some knowledge, as enemy armies will just run around in a really "peculiar" way, so my HQ is not giving me that much of an advantage, as it is not holding the position, even tough I am killing their entire army and winning the war because, well, running around a fortified area in a Blitzkrieg Beast Mode just isn't a real tactic I believe. Be advised that I'm still playing in a really low level game, so I figure such weird run around would not happen in a higher level game. I feel this is working for pure missplay by my opponents, instead of the strategy really kicking it off.

My biggest issue with this game for now is the lack of information, as you cannot see enemy armies unless they are within your own borders. That's the main thing I'm trying to learn in this thread.

Yesterday I produced my first Mobile Radar, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. It does provide some information, but only for big units, so it does not detect incoming "Rambo" attacks. It has some utility I admit, but it's not exactly what I expected. Now I'm experimenting with drones, trying to figure out the best way to detect incoming threats. The next step is to try those "radar planes", that I highly questions its utility, even before trying it.

As for that, how do you guys usually deal with your defense early on and specially with information gathering?

Thanks for reading all that folks, I have more questions than I can count so.... baby steps hahaha :)
    • 1. Dont build preplaned combat outpost really. But can be helpful when you have an enemy coming your way even in occupied territory. they only take 3 hrs to build. so if you see a stack coming into territory based on terrain you can pick the route to intecept them. do this by taking your stack and start to move to them and it will autmatically take quickest route (ie go around mtns; etc) but dont move at them. 99 pct they are coming on that path so pick a prov that you can get your troops too before him (you move twice the speed as him on friendly ground) and build that outpost then (all ready get 25 pct reduced damage by being entrnched) outpost will reduce another 33 pct so get a total of 45 pct (basically cuts his stack power in half).

2. Radar - yeah mobile radar or awacs even is a waste. Build a UAV (gives full specs of units) but be careful where fly as easy to get shot down. or really I just do my accounting with planes (Air supp better for scout mission as will not engage ground forces automatically). Dont go scan the whole country but the area ahead of your troops. you wont get exact composition but can see armor or inf; support ; etc and if you pay attention to CON (newspaper - which is key for free intel) can generally see type of troops enemy is using.

3. Early on its way easier to defend than attack (pay attention to units attack/Def bonuses on research cards). best place is let them come to your city if cant get to an outpost built as described above. The initial urge is to charge at them. But lets just say they have 2 inf at total 30 HP and you do too.

You: get 3.8 hp def x 2 = 7.6 hp per hr plus get a 25 pct in city def bonus so 7.6 x 1.25 = 9.5 hp

Enemy: only 3.0 attack HP x 2 = 6.0 HP then since you get enchment bonus of 25 pct . this reduces his damage to you 6.0 x .75 = 4.5

so on face value it looks like a standoff of equal forces but:

Hr 1: you 30 hp - 4.5 = 25.5 hp remaining / enemy 30 hp - 9.5 hp = 20.5 HP (no you are going to get even a bigger gap next hr as have proportiate higher pct of stack hp power left)

Hr 2: 25.5 hp - approx 3 = 22.5 HP left / enemy 20.5 - 8 = 12.5 hp (you have just killed 1 of his units and you still have 2)

Hr 3: 22.5 - 2 hp = 20.5 hp / enemy 12.5 hp - 7 = 5.5 hp

ok by 4th hr should have him defeated and you have about 1.33 unit left (you killed his too). Not a proponant of these long battles like this but to illustrate point. So if you have 3 units its not even close.

And opposite if you attack like for like a rule of thumb you need twice the force to win . aka if you attack his two you need about 4 units to beat his two.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Ooooooookay,... well,... first,... welcome to the game and to the Forums. We're happy to have you.

You've got a lot going on in this post, so we're probably going to have to break it down some to cover everything. I'll respond to what I think were three of your major elements:

1. Some players run their units around all willy-nilly.

Response: True story.

2. Being able to better see enemy units

Response: You're on the right track, you probably just need to upgrade some units. Mobile Radar, AWACS, and Drones will all be able to see more and see better after you research upgrades for them. There are also other combat units that "see"/scout better than others.

3. Early defense

When asking about strategies, you're going to find that you get the following answer a lot: "It depends on what nation you are playing and your personal playstyle/preferences". I know this can sound like a non-answer, but it's not really. The best way to ask most strategy questions in this game is to be as specific as possible about that particular situation.

That being said, I consider myself someone who focuses more on early defense than your average person. How do I do it? Well, one of the things I do is seriously consider bonuses/adjustments. For instance, cities can provide an entrenchment bonus; different types of terrain can provide offensive and defensive modifiers for different units, and bunkers can be significant factors. Also, there are some early units that can significantly contribute to early defense. As an example, I love getting corvettes into my port cities as early as possible.
    • if you want knowledge .. just start reading the general discussion threads that are most recent. even if title isnt exactly what you are concerned about. most threads end of veering off into some strategy debates about 6 - 12 of us have and we all have different strategies / strengths so pick and choose what fits your style.

In regards to trying all types of units I would not advise this . better to keep 1 main type of Inf; armor; air; ships in begging keep it simple and see what you like / dislike about units. Key in game is to keep researching to advanced levels. If you end up reseraching 10 things instead of 5 then end up with a few each of lower teir units instead of a higher # of fewer types of higher level units.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

In regards to trying all types of units I would not advise this . better to keep 1 main type of Inf; armor; air; ships in begging keep it simple and see what you like / dislike about units. Key in game is to keep researching to advanced levels. If you end up reseraching 10 things instead of 5 then end up with a few each of lower teir units instead of a higher # of fewer types of higher level units.
      Ahhh, right, so,... here's a topic for discussion. This is one of those areas where "playstyle" comes into question. Some folks use a VERY limited number of types of units. I probably use many more different types of units than your average player, but I'm still very aware that using TOO many different types is counter-productive. Personally, I try to decide at the beginning of the game what "unit scheme" might work well for me in that game, and then I adjust as necessary from there.

Here's an example: Strike fighters are an AMAZING unit. However, there are games when I never research them at all, because that's not what I'm doing in that game. In fact, (*shamelessly pats own back*) I just got a solo win on a 64-player map with what most would consider an "underdog nation", and I never researched strike fighters in that game at all. In general, however, strike fighters are awesome.

One of the things I suggest is learning about Military Doctrines. Different units receive different bonuses based on your nation's Military Doctrine. Personally, I let my country's Military Doctrine at least PARTIALLY influence what types of units I will and won't research. Another thing that helps me determine that is my nation's/region's dominant terrain types.

Again, though, it depends on what type of player you are. Some people like to rely on powerful units, so they try to research very few different types of units to very high levels. I'm probably the opposite of that. I'm what I call a "match-up" player, so I like to have different types of units for different scenarios, even if some of my types of units never make it very far up the research tree.
    • Again, though, the points being made in these discussions become much clearer when we're all referencing a specific nation and a specific scenario.

I. E.

"How many types and what types of units would you focus on developing from the beginning of the game when playing as Afghanistan?"

is going to get you a much clearer, higher quality set of answers than a question like

"What are the best units to research?"
    • First and foremost loss of land is temporarily and u can regain it later or even more with counter attack. The important think is not lose ur cities.

coming attack usually have to travel through many provinces u don't wanna to keep them all u wanna put ur units in the best defensive position.
      outposts are built in 1 hour usually u have that time when ur enemy is already inside the provinces.

type of radar is personal preference and there is no exact answer.

Keeping ur units alive is more important than provinces.
    • Hummmm.

I get what you guys are saying.

What i meant by "trying to use every unit" is using different units every game, so that I can have a feeling about every single unit in the game, not using a lot of different units in the same game.

Right now I started playing a game as Syria, it's still on day 1 and I'm getting invaded. I joined the game and got an instant declaration of war by Iraq, needless to say that Iraq lost all his troops in a couple of hours. But not I'm thinking about what I should be doing.

postimg.cc/cKXzhkc4

RIght now I'm working with 3 fronts, as Iran, Saudi Arabia and Israel are all in the same coalition as Iraq, they are not attacking me yet tough. The red line is the border I intend to maintain, and the green circles are the cities I'll be using as HQs.

Right now I'm conquering land in Iraq just to get more info about incoming attacks, as it's day 1 and I have no scouts yet.

I'm going for Air superiority, Soft attack Helo, anti-tanks and motorized infantry, corvetes as well.
    • Perfect! Okay, now we can talk. By the way, one of the situations I mentioned above was a lot like the one you're in.

First, let's talk about your Military Doctrine and units. Syria is Eastern Doctrine, so you have some great early unit options. Eastern can develop Motorized Infantry more quickly than the other two Doctrines, so I'd suggest taking advantage of that. Also, you want to get those helicopter gunships up and firing as soon as possible, and it sounds like you already have that in mind. Gunships are HUGE for Eastern in the beginning of the game because you can research them more quickly than the other Doctrines can. You can mobilize them in Level 1 airbases (the only ground attack aircraft that can), so that buys you a little time there. Countries start the game with mostly infantry, so early gunships means you have a VERY effective unit against most of the units on the map in the early game. PLUS, the area around Syria is pretty densely packed, so the short range/slow speed of helicopters doesn't really hurt you.

I wouldn't suggest Tank Destroyers for Syria because they develop really slowly in Eastern. As a defensive replacement (and I think you need to think defensive early), I would opt for towed artillery instead. As an Eastern Doctrine country, you can develop them more quickly than other Doctrines can, AND they get a +20% damage bonus against armor. Plus, you don't have much/any jungles/forest and you have lots of open desert and some western mountains, all terrain features that support towed artillery.

As for positioning and defending, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend trying to grab Baghdad and Karbala when you can and setting up entrenched defenses in those cities. Any time you can grab cities that straddle rivers like that, you want to get them and make them your defensive locations. Non-amphibious/non-airbourne ground units have to pass through those to get over the rivers, so they are natural chokepoints. Obviously, Baghdad may be a challenge, so maybe try at least Karbala. Even if you get neither of those you want to use cities like that to cut off enemy access to the rest of your country, so consider making defensive stands in cities like Qa'im, Deir ez Zor, and Ar Raqqah in your worst case scenarios.

By using certain cities to take defensive stands, I mean station infantry in them and build bunkers in them. That gives you really nice defensive bonuses that will really hurt attacking enemies.

Okay, so that's all mostly directed at dealing with your enemies to the east (Iraq, maybe Iran later, etc.) As for Israel and Saudi, I'm going to start with some player tendencies. Israel always feel pretty vulnerable and doesn't have too many options. Most Israel players like to try to secure Jordan and Lebanon right away. If you see them doing that, take advantage of the fact that they're committing troops to (and possibly losing troops) those two places, and try to strike them where you think they may be weak at home. Also, while we're talking about Israel, be REALLY careful about defending Damascus. It's your capital, and Israel can invade it really, REALLY quickly with almost no notice. DO NOT let Israel take Damascus.

Saudi cities/forces are relatively sparse up north near Syria and more concentrated in the south, where they also have the safe neutral territories of Yemen and Oman they can invade without getting into a war with another player. For that reason, Saudi players often tend not to be super aggressive toward Syria super early in the game. That may give you a little time before you have to deal with them. If you can get some gunships ready before they start invading, you'll have an easier time keeping them at bay.

I'm going to submit this now so you can see it, but I'll add edits if/when I think of something else.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

2. Radar - yeah mobile radar or awacs even is a waste. Build a UAV (gives full specs of units) but be careful where fly as easy to get shot down. or really I just do my accounting with planes (Air supp better for scout mission as will not engage ground forces automatically). Dont go scan the whole country but the area ahead of your troops. you wont get exact composition but can see armor or inf; support ; etc and if you pay attention to CON (newspaper - which is key for free intel) can generally see type of troops enemy is using.
      i dont like your disregard for radars :D
      at least a groundradar is a musthave; its cheap, it even detects inf (and god knows ppl build a ton of inf) and has decent range; most of the time you dont need "perfect" information; UAVs are also fairly obvious way of scouting and they need to expose themselves in order to gain intel.
      at least 1 radar unit is a musthave; you can scout the details of an army with drones if you really need to if thats what you wanna do (tho specops are the ultimate unit for that task)

scouting with aircraft is fairly risky considering how AA works nowadays (if AA and pat circle touch you're in range) on top of that you also give free intel (level/amount of aircraft)

Sickel101 wrote:

I've been trying to use every unit in the game, in order to learn and find out what are the meta ones and what are the useless ones, but I find my lack of game mechanics disturbing. So I decided to come ask you guys for some guidance.
      to make it short:

meta:
      - artillery (cuz ranged attack, thus they dont trade damage)
      -helis (good dmg mitigation through mixing, dont have to worry about most Anti-Air units, fairly versatilen [as in they also deal with ships pretty good])
      - ships (cuz naval superiority is a pretty nice thing to have, tho must ppl somehow forgot to upgrade their ships [still havent figured out why])
      - anti-air (in particular sams [cuz protection from cruise missiles, strike fighters which are very common, and they're just hella mobile later on with air assault])
      - air superiority fighters (pretty much most versatile unit in the game, can reliable kill other air units, pretty much the only real counter to helis, budget strike fighter early)
      - radar units like awac/ground radar (cuz basically free intel, awacs are important especially for naval warfare)
      (strikefighters, put in brackets because they're only so strong in public matches because nobody builds AA)

useless:
      - crvs
      - tanks
      - most armored units in general in the lategame, they're best used early-mid (until day 20ish)
      later on there is such a damage output that their HP doesnt really mean much
      (tempted to put icbm's here)
      - naval awac (like seriously, who uses it?)

niche:
      - bombers (mostly as missile platform, tho stealthed version is nice for obliterating cities, but they're rarely worth the investment because ppl rarely build more than lvl 1-2 buildings)
      - subs (cuz they cost rare, and rare is... uhm rare, especially early on)
      - icbm (missiles in general due to their relative high cost in terms of research)
      - mechanized infantry (just fancy inf, imo completly useless due to their high cost in components)
      - specops/drones (if you really wanna know the exact unit composition i guess)
      - naval infantry (for capturing provinces without harbors, useful for setting up invasions)
      - airborne infantry (pretty much best inf to capture.... if you're extremly active that is)

Sickel101 wrote:

First of all, regarding defense, it seems obvious to me that this game does not reward military camps at the borders, using them as they were fortresses, as resources are kinda scarce and troops are not so abundant as needed to maintain a large front, at least at the start of the game.
      - scouting where the enemy is (radar is best for that cuz it covers a large area by just existing)
      - air units are extremly good at killing single units running through
      - most ppl just go straight to cities anyway (usually on the fastest path, so its pretty predictable... just look what way your unit would take
      - you can sacrifice territory/cities if needed (especially occupied) if that helps you defend at a more favorable position/ you need more time (cities are fast re-occupied, reproducing dead troops takes longer)
      --> focus is on killing enemy units and not taking land
      - keep an eye on the paths (they're the white lines connecting provinces prnt.sc/riql63)

Sickel101 wrote:

So, I figured it would be best to use one Military Camp, namely my HQ for that front, that I will use for units rotation, healing, and for support (Air mostly). But I feel that strategy might be lacking some knowledge, as enemy armies will just run around in a really "peculiar" way, so my HQ is not giving me that much of an advantage, as it is not holding the position, even tough I am killing their entire army and winning the war because, well, running around a fortified area in a Blitzkrieg Beast Mode just isn't a real tactic I believe. Be advised that I'm still playing in a really low level game, so I figure such weird run around would not happen in a higher level game. I feel this is working for pure missplay by my opponents, instead of the strategy really kicking it off.
      see above; predicting/scouting is important
      otherwise: ranged units/aircraft have it of course way easier to defend against an attacking army than ground units which have to get into melee first
      tho its worth noting that there is a speed penalty (i think -30% was it?) in enemy provinces

Sickel101 wrote:

My biggest issue with this game for now is the lack of information, as you cannot see enemy armies unless they are within your own borders. That's the main thing I'm trying to learn in this thread.
      see first quote

Sickel101 wrote:

Yesterday I produced my first Mobile Radar, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. It does provide some information, but only for big units, so it does not detect incoming "Rambo" attacks. It has some utility I admit, but it's not exactly what I expected. Now I'm experimenting with drones, trying to figure out the best way to detect incoming threats. The next step is to try those "radar planes", that I highly questions its utility, even before trying it.
      as stated above: see first quotation
      most of the time its fairly obvious what kind of units the enemy uses (buildings he has, newspaper, intel agents if really needed)

Sickel101 wrote:

As for that, how do you guys usually deal with your defense early on and specially with information gathering?
      good for early defense are:
      - national guards (due to realy really fast recruitment, tho they only really do well in cities)
      - combat recon vehicles (early armored unit [killing armored units is pretty hard early on, good vs inf, no penalty for terrain)
      - gunships/air superirority fighters are excellent early on
      - make use of the starting towed artillery; whoever manages to keep their towed artillery from the start alive/ get better value out of it is most likely to win, while the dmg output might not seem that big at first glance its free damage and it forces the enemy to react or die in when he's sitting somewhere

as for scouting:
      - you can just fly around with your starting fighter

i think thats it? tbh i kinda lost track of all the stuff i wrote but i guess hope i got it all covered? :D

edit: did i really write that much? dang
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Yeah, I really wanted to get Baghdad as it would completely close the border with those chokepoints locked.

Problem is, I fear that I might have a problem with insurgents if I do that, as it's the first day I don't have enough troops for such an offensive IMO.

As it's still the first day of the game, my research on Helli is still on course.

I'm not sure if I should risk such an invasion of Baghdad but, well, TBH Iraq lost all their military already, I mean ALL of it so....

Thanks for the help friend. I've played strategy games my entire life and just got into this one, I see there is no supply mechanics is that right? I can just conquer things without having to worry if the supply line will hold.

Not saying that there aren't a lot of things to worry about, just that supply lines seems to not be one.
    • Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

i dont like your disregard for radars :D at least a groundradar is a musthave; its cheap, it even detects inf (and god knows ppl build a ton of inf) and has decent range; most of the time you dont need "perfect" information; UAVs are also fairly obvious way of scouting and they need to expose themselves in order to gain intel.
      at least 1 radar unit is a musthave; you can scout the details of an army with drones if you really need to if thats what you wanna do (tho specops are the ultimate unit for that task)

scouting with aircraft is fairly risky considering how AA works nowadays (if AA and pat circle touch you're in range) on top of that you also give free intel (level/amount of aircraft)

Sickel101 wrote:

to make it short:
      meta:
      - artillery (cuz ranged attack, thus they dont trade damage)
      -helis (good dmg mitigation through mixing, dont have to worry about most Anti-Air units, fairly versatilen [as in they also deal with ships pretty good])
      - ships (cuz naval superiority is a pretty nice thing to have, tho must ppl somehow forgot to upgrade their ships [still havent figured out why])
      - anti-air (in particular sams [cuz protection from cruise missiles, strike fighters which are very common, and they're just hella mobile later on with air assault])
      - air superiority fighters (pretty much most versatile unit in the game, can reliable kill other air units, pretty much the only real counter to helis, budget strike fighter early)
      - radar units like awac/ground radar (cuz basically free intel, awacs are important especially for naval warfare)
      (strikefighters, put in brackets because they're only so strong in public matches because nobody builds AA)

useless:
      - crvs
      - tanks
      - most armored units in general in the lategame, they're best used early-mid (until day 20ish)
      later on there is such a damage output that their HP doesnt really mean much
      (tempted to put icbm's here)
      - naval awac (like seriously, who uses it?)

niche:
      - bombers (mostly as missile platform, tho stealthed version is nice for obliterating cities, but they're rarely worth the investment because ppl rarely build more than lvl 1-2 buildings)
      - subs (cuz they cost rare, and rare is... uhm rare, especially early on)
      - icbm (missiles in general due to their relative high cost in terms of research)
      - mechanized infantry (just fancy inf, imo completly useless due to their high cost in components)
      - specops/drones (if you really wanna know the exact unit composition i guess)
      - naval infantry (for capturing provinces without harbors, useful for setting up invasions)
      - airborne infantry (pretty much best inf to capture.... if you're extremly active that is)

Sickel101 wrote:

- scouting where the enemy is (radar is best for that cuz it covers a large area by just existing)- air units are extremly good at killing single units running through
      - most ppl just go straight to cities anyway (usually on the fastest path, so its pretty predictable... just look what way your unit would take
      - you can sacrifice territory/cities if needed (especially occupied) if that helps you defend at a more favorable position/ you need more time (cities are fast re-occupied, reproducing dead troops takes longer)
      --> focus is on killing enemy units and not taking land
      - keep an eye on the paths (they're the white lines connecting provinces prnt.sc/riql63)

Sickel101 wrote:

see above; predicting/scouting is importantotherwise: ranged units/aircraft have it of course way easier to defend against an attacking army than ground units which have to get into melee first
      tho its worth noting that there is a speed penalty (i think -30% was it?) in enemy provinces

Sickel101 wrote:

see first quote

Sickel101 wrote:

as stated above: see first quotationmost of the time its fairly obvious what kind of units the enemy uses (buildings he has, newspaper, intel agents if really needed)

Sickel101 wrote:

good for early defense are:- national guards (due to realy really fast recruitment, tho they only really do well in cities)
      - combat recon vehicles (early armored unit [killing armored units is pretty hard early on, good vs inf, no penalty for terrain)
      - gunships/air superirority fighters are excellent early on
      - make use of the starting towed artillery; whoever manages to keep their towed artillery from the start alive/ get better value out of it is most likely to win, while the dmg output might not seem that big at first glance its free damage and it forces the enemy to react or die in when he's sitting somewhere

as for scouting:
      - you can just fly around with your starting fighter

i think thats it? tbh i kinda lost track of all the stuff i wrote but i guess hope i got it all covered? :D

edit: did i really write that much? dang
      Omg mate Hahahahhaa You did write that much.

Thank you for your insight, it is really helpful.

It amazes me how tanks are useless, I figured people would just rush them to get a lead, so I decided to rush anti-tanks.

I was using National Guards as costal guards in another game, they are really weak, but cheap and annoying.

I do like the idea of artillery, just free damage, I didn't know if it was worth it tough, gonna go for it probably.

I always go for air supremacy in every game I play, as it is insanely versatile and important, so my first technology is always Air supremacy fighters, followed by motorized infantry and naval defense.

I have a question about economy btw, is it ok to build factories whenever you have the resources, or would you rather wait and go for a slower but steadier development? I've been trying out both but not sure yet.

I'm going for 1 military city, 1 naval city, 2 air.
    • Sickel101 wrote:

Yeah, I really wanted to get Baghdad as it would completely close the border with those chokepoints locked.

Problem is, I fear that I might have a problem with insurgents if I do that, as it's the first day I don't have enough troops for such an offensive IMO.

As it's still the first day of the game, my research on Helli is still on course.

I'm not sure if I should risk such an invasion of Baghdad but, well, TBH Iraq lost all their military already, I mean ALL of it so....

Thanks for the help friend. I've played strategy games my entire life and just got into this one, I see there is no supply mechanics is that right? I can just conquer things without having to worry if the supply line will hold.

Not saying that there aren't a lot of things to worry about, just that supply lines seems to not be one.
      If you are surrounded ... would not recommend going too far / too fast in one direction as leave exposed on flanks. I like to work out in a sphere of influence.

Going too hard too fast is the most obvious rookie mistake early on. Not just due to insurgents issues. But if im saudi or turkey and I see you moving that far east that fast .. that means your troops are stretched out of homeland and prime to be ambushed by a 2nd or 3rd country.

And im more aggressive than most; but its controlled aggression early on. We all see new players who feel like king of world Day 1 - 2 and get in big battles too arly then 3 days later another country who is fresh will sweep in and take you out.

The map is your Chess board so constantly need to play offense and defense; but not just against the opponent in front of you. assume one of those neighbors to north or south will come get you.

• Sickel101 wrote:

I do like the idea of artillery, just free damage, I didn't know if it was worth it tough, gonna go for it probably.
      but to be honest; out of all units artillery requires the most activity for effective use

Sickel101 wrote:

I have a question about economy btw, is it ok to build factories whenever you have the resources, or would you rather wait and go for a slower but steadier development? I've been trying out both but not sure yet.
      arms industries are usually only prioritized on rare material; rest is build with what's left after the day :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

PerigeeNil wrote:

Right, continuous/contiguous supply lines are not a factor. There's a maintenance cost for units, but it is automatic, and you don't have to have a means to provide it.
      while supply lines aren't to be worried about; its still nice having a safe way for your units to the frontline ^^
      not sure where the context of this came from but early on .. logistics can be huge factor getting through your first 1 - 2 country battles as he who gets to the front fastest with the most power has an great advantage.

And to Teburus point Ill build highways to the front with logistics to be safe versus sailing my units (especially early on when not enough navy to both protect my coast and escort troops) and a 1.5 x speed increase is huge time savings to get troops to front early.

------

In regards to ground radar have never seen 1 person make any good use of ground radar. and yes the new radar rules has made plane scouting trickier but have adapted. It just requires a more cautios approach. I play a rapid game on multiple fronts normally after day 7- 10 so 1 ground rdar isnt going to do me much good.

looking at CON I know what people have for the most part. so yes if observe through CON player shooting down planes withg AA not going to go scouting as much. you know what they basically have by their defeats/victory battles and what cities they have.

• Sickel101 wrote:

Btw I had a question about AA but you already answered it.

I haven't had the chance to try AA yet, so I didn't know if it worked by unit or by range. Good to know it works by range, that makes it way more viable, a good AA can raise hell and make an invasion really costly.
      but just mobile AA early on its range is barely outside sight range and only takes a small nip out of a plane.... if want real AA go with mobile SAMS or will have to stack 3 - 4 mobile AA to have any real effect.

Best effective AA is Air Supp Really as can cover whole region if necessary.