Strategy 101

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

it didnt dawn on me for first 2 weeks how weeks it would be to end the game. so was "slow in my 25 days getting marines and ships in plavce... heck it ended up taking me like 3 days to sail to that last artic site. and that guy certainly didnt expect some fool from central america would sail that far to finish the game. He had no ground troops but had strike fighters and airfields in like the 4 prov surrounding the Victory site and all i had was like 3 marines (and marines really suck in artic as speed and attack like 50 pct) and a few CM from sea to hit any land troops ... so I put 3 spies in each prov and destroyed all his airfields and his planes where grounded and he was defensless... he just always assumed someone would attack through land and not via sea (as no ports of entry) ;) probably trickiest move ever pulled off.
      And that is the pinnacle of high strategy.
    • im game ... hard part is how fast countries fill up on map. we almost need devs to pause us a map to say 6 of us get in then open up random.

To me I think would be fun:

- say get 5 - 6 of us as world map captains (now we still need to conquere and recruit or teams / regions).

- all in separate Coalitions.

- Ideally in separate continents to let some time to see build; troop ; coalition stratgies work out. so our early game is free of immerdiate me and you happen to be next to each other and we have to force battle.

- WW3 map makes most sense 9could do ither 4 or 1x ) im faily active so 4x actually helps me espesially in air and sea. but could do either.

- No telling the World what we are up to as we need to work the social / political game as normal. Till we get our coalitions and regions in shape (and when it gets down to a coalition battle).

those are my suggestions
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Here we go.

Day 8 - Syria Republic

postimg.cc/GBHHc6gY

I'm starting to focus my troops on the Israel border, as they started attacking the AI nations and I'm already in an all out war with their entire coalition. I'll try to knock them off fast, as I have a vast air superiority.

Unfortunately, Iran is holding his ground for now, and an offensive wouldn't look that good right now. Iran has not enough troops to invade me, especially because of the chokepoints in the rivers. So I'm kinda ignoring him for now.

I build airbases all around the country, for better and faster movement, as I'm at war in all fronts (Yellow "X" are airbases)

I have two mobile radars for now, both stationed in the Israeli border (Shown as blue lines in Damascus and Rutba), so I have good information about his troops.

Israel has now captured Beirut, so my frontline is flawed, as I have no defense in Latakia. For I don't want to defend too many cities at the same time, I plan on focusing Israel down, so that I can close that border as I closed the Iranian one.

War objectives:

1- Confirm Air Supperiority
      2- Inflict as many casualties possible, in order to hinder the advancement of the Israeli Army.
      3- Liberate Beirut
      4- Maintain the Status-Quo and outproduce the entire coalition.

That's it for day 8, I again hope I didn't forget anything.

:))
    • Looking good overall so far, just keep mobilizing, maintaining a strong presence on the front, and exploiting enemy weakness. I recommend bringing some artillery into Latakia, as you are doing, with a strong defensive force to begin a preparatory bombardment to weaken enemy resistance prior to the assault. This also has the added advantage of potentially forcing either an enemy withdrawal or assault under adverse conditions, causing them to continuously expose themselves to highly effective artillery fires during their advance and engage while still under fire, enabling you to break the stalemate and advance on Beirut to liberate it. Once you have secured Beirut with an infantry force, you can bring your artillery up into or just behind the city and prepare to continue the advance, repeating the bombard-attack-advance pattern of leapfrog movement with the artillery support. Executing this strategy into Israel if you can attach additional forces capable of neutralizing their artillery will provide you with a significant advantage in the application of indirect fires, enabling you much more freedom of action in your maneuver and clearing the way for your conquest of Israel.
    • Stratieon wrote:

Looking good overall so far, just keep mobilizing, maintaining a strong presence on the front, and exploiting enemy weakness. I recommend bringing some artillery into Latakia, as you are doing, with a strong defensive force to begin a preparatory bombardment to weaken enemy resistance prior to the assault. This also has the added advantage of potentially forcing either an enemy withdrawal or assault under adverse conditions, causing them to continuously expose themselves to highly effective artillery fires during their advance and engage while still under fire, enabling you to break the stalemate and advance on Beirut to liberate it. Once you have secured Beirut with an infantry force, you can bring your artillery up into or just behind the city and prepare to continue the advance, repeating the bombard-attack-advance pattern of leapfrog movement with the artillery support. Executing this strategy into Israel if you can attach additional forces capable of neutralizing their artillery will provide you with a significant advantage in the application of indirect fires, enabling you much more freedom of action in your maneuver and clearing the way for your conquest of Israel.
      I already destroyed their artillery, so right now it's free damage.

4 Infantry units units and 1 recon unit have been killed with 0 losses. He seems to be trying to retaliate with an attack, but that city has a lvl 2 bunker and they are under fire from both the artillery and my airforce (mostly heli)

I'm not in a hurry to occupy Beirut, my first goal is to inflict as many casualties as I possibly can.
    • Sickel101 wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

Looking good overall so far, just keep mobilizing, maintaining a strong presence on the front, and exploiting enemy weakness. I recommend bringing some artillery into Latakia, as you are doing, with a strong defensive force to begin a preparatory bombardment to weaken enemy resistance prior to the assault. This also has the added advantage of potentially forcing either an enemy withdrawal or assault under adverse conditions, causing them to continuously expose themselves to highly effective artillery fires during their advance and engage while still under fire, enabling you to break the stalemate and advance on Beirut to liberate it. Once you have secured Beirut with an infantry force, you can bring your artillery up into or just behind the city and prepare to continue the advance, repeating the bombard-attack-advance pattern of leapfrog movement with the artillery support. Executing this strategy into Israel if you can attach additional forces capable of neutralizing their artillery will provide you with a significant advantage in the application of indirect fires, enabling you much more freedom of action in your maneuver and clearing the way for your conquest of Israel.
      I already destroyed their artillery, so right now it's free damage.
      4 Infantry units units and 1 recon unit have been killed with 0 losses. He seems to be trying to retaliate with an attack, but that city has a lvl 2 bunker and they are under fire from both the artillery and my airforce (mostly heli)

I'm not in a hurry to occupy Beirut, my first goal is to inflict as many casualties as I possibly can.
      Excellent. Since Beirut is a a key city, you should take it relatively soon. Don’t sacrifice units for it. If you know you can take it without losses, do so. Otherwise, don’t. The main reason to occupy it isn’t the high level bunker. If you need the bunker and the returns from securing its use in the region outweigh the costs of capturing it, that is when you should attack. Otherwise, attach them to the land and make them bleed for keeping it. This was the strategy applied by T.E. Lawrence with his Arab irregular comrades against the Turks. Let them keep the land and make them pay you for it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stratieon: Accuracy Update ().