Resources and Arms Industries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

so day 1 : 6
      Day 5 : maybe 20
      Okay, so that's what I'm saying. I don't think you can recreate that pace in a 4x game in a country like Israel. If your strategy (which is fine) is based on "occupying a large number of cities' early" I'm telling you that I don't think the pace you've outlined above is one that translates to a 4x game with a country like Israel. I just don't think you can expect to do that all the time.

Buckeyechamp wrote:

wasn't what you where asking? if not you where just trying to prove how much you had.
      I don't understand what's confusing about this. It's right there in the original post.

PerigeeNil wrote:

NOTE: **I** don't intend this as a contest or an implication that one way is better or worse than another. I'm just genuinely curious about how different people are managing their games differently. To me, any strategy that wins games is a good strategy.
      It SPECIFICALLY says I'm not looking for a comparison. That couldn't possibly be more clear. I'm sure someone who plays Russia or the U.S. could post how they produced more than me much earlier too. It's not about comparing against me. I was asking how people produce resources if they aren't building Arms Industries. You could have given your answer to that without making it a competition (like I asked).

Here are my thoughts right now on "resource production by building Arms Industries" versus "resource production through early city occupation": I think that building Arms Inustries is more reliable. As long as you control and protect your homeland cities (if you don't, you're screwed either way), you can have that production. I think that's more likely/manageable than relying on conquering 20 cities by Day 5 in every game. Do you not?
    • So, to summarize that more clearly, I'm asking people what their STRATEGY OR PLAN is in general for producing resources. To me, in order for someone to claim something is their strategy or plan, they need to be able to accomplish it a vast majority (just to pick a random percentage, let's say 80%) of the time. I believe that a capable player can upgrade their Arms Industries in their home cities as a valid, reliable strategy. Are you telling me that you think occupying cities at that pace that you posted is a reliable strategy that a capable player can accomplish most of the time under most conditions?
    • well 6 cities a day is some thing I can never do like how many ground untis needed to stabilize all those cities for 3 days!I mean 6*3 this is 18 units tied to the cities all time.
      I usually can't afford to send 18 to expedition before day 10 for example if I'm going for air aggressively that I can spread ground so thin. 6 is quite a number I will learn a lot from the game we play later.
    • Day 33
      I've maxed out all arms industries in my homeland city except fuel and 1 component city i forgot about :D
      122 cities
      i annexed like uhm 2 component and 1 rare city?

upgrading arms industries in homeland is pretty much the major source of ressourceincome, i never build them in occupied cites only annexed ones
      annexing is imo just an easy way to mitigate expensive upkeep costs or if you have too many ressources and don't know what else to do
      but tbh i didnt really had to do anything that round; so i was basically playing simcity
      Screenshot_7.png
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • pick your country starting with isreal or algeria; australia; mayanmar... doesnt matter .. i keep same pace whole game and after day 7 have top economy (thats actually how jusdge success more than vps).

same strategy will 10 different countries and will dwarf the sit and build lvl 5 industry 90 pct of games.

so was post about strategy of building of resources or how you played Israel.. maybe I missed that it was only about israel. you have 5 or 6 cities i out produce russia at 10 cities most games by day 20.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Teburu wrote:

Day 33
      I've maxed out all arms industries in my homeland city except fuel and 1 component city i forgot about :D
      122 cities
      i annexed like uhm 2 component and 1 rare city?

upgrading arms industries in homeland is pretty much the major source of ressourceincome, i never build them in occupied cites only annexed ones
      annexing is imo just an easy way to mitigate expensive upkeep costs or if you have too many ressources and don't know what else to do
      but tbh i didnt really had to do anything that round; so i was basically playing simcity
      Screenshot_7.png
      impressive but what is troop count and VP at that point? $$ wise you have to have conquered most world
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

pick your country starting with isreal or algeria; australia; mayanmar... doesnt matter .. i keep same pace whole game and after day 7 have top economy (thats actually how jusdge success more than vps).

same strategy will 10 different countries and will dwarf the sit and build lvl 5 industry 90 pct of games.

so was post about strategy of building of resources or how you played Israel.. maybe I missed that it was only about israel. you have 5 or 6 cities i out produce russia at 10 cities most games by day 20.

Okay, then let's go! We've been talking about it all day, and yet here we sit. Let's agree on a game and go. I want to see this.
    • 1647 VP and 115 units

infantry
      35 lvl 2 motorized inf
      1 lvl 1 naval inf

armor
      4 lvl 1 crv

support units
      1 lvl 1 towed
      4 lvl 4 ground radar
      9 lvl 1 mobile artillery

helis
      5 lvl 1 gunship
      4 lvl 4 attack heli
      6 lvl 2 elite heli
      5 lvl 1 corvet

fixed wing
      15 lvl 3 asf
      14 lvl 4 sf

ships
      5 lvl 1 corvet
      3 lvl 2 carriers
      5 lvl 2 elite subs

officers
      lvl 3 naval officer
      lvl 3 ace pilot
      lvl 2 rotary wing officer

pretty much a bit of everything; i couldnt really decide what i wanted to do and since i had literally no pressure i went with everything
      dont even know how i got that many VP, somehow i just ended up conquering all of europe lol :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I agree with you @Buckeyechamp. I am astonished at how many players build to level 5 arms early and often... thus I knowingly understand they are suffering in at least one area: research or units or flexibility

i was writing all the math and points here regarding early to mid game facts. HOWEVER, i decided to delete it, say that you are right buckeyechamp.... and SAYto the naysayers here the oft response I get from moderators and game DEV support :
      "you have to just play the game and experience it"

The post was edited 1 time, last by edablo ().