The Great Forum Strategy Battle

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Great Forum Strategy Battle

A few of us who regularly discuss strategy on the Forums have decided to join a game together to test our personal strategies. If you'd like to join, please sound off below.

Also, we need to establish some parameters. Below are a few things I think we need to decide:

Map - It sounds like some of us think WWIII is the best bet, right?
      Game speed
      Nations - we don't necessarily have to all pre-decide specific countries (but we can), but someone mentioned perhaps purposely distancing ourselves. OR... we could all Random.
      Time - We all need a chance to get in the game at around the same time. I previously suggested pre-deciding on something like "We'll all join the first new [x map] that spawns after [x time]."
      Rules - I'm not going to spend gold, but it's up to you guys whether or not you want to rule it out completely. What are we doing about Coalitions?
    • Im in .. obviously my idea...lol

1. map ww3
      2. Nations could do random but just think better if we start spread out
      3. Time: yeah will have to pick a time and then someone has to say that game is .. timing will be tricky we all dont end up in different games...lol
      4. speed - will do either - but the trash talk might be more fun drawn out over 60 days.
      5. yeah - no gold (not desperaging gold spenders but whole point is to test strategies) or cap at $10 or something.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • key point is we dont work together. but guess scrap my secret rule as word will give out so we can use this a sales pitch to recruit what ever other rndom good players pop up on map. but no having players recruited outside random to join. if someone wants to play besides rndom they need to be on their own.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Im in .. obviously my idea...lol

1. map ww3
      2. Nations could do random but just think better if we start spread out
      3. Time: yeah will have to pick a time and then someone has to say that game is .. timing will be tricky we all dont end up in different games...lol
      4. speed - will do either - but the trash talk might be more fun drawn out over 60 days.
      5. yeah - no gold (not desperaging gold spenders but whole point is to test strategies) or cap at $10 or something.
      1. Sounds fine to me
      2. I can see pros and cons, so either (random or chosen regions) is fine with me)
      3. Again, I think if we say, "The first WWIII 1x game to start after midnight GMT, it should be pretty obvious which game that is. After it pops, we can make the game# clear to everyone. WWIII games don't pop THAT quickly that we all shouldn't be able to get into the same game and know which one it is.
      4. I prefer 4x, but I'll do either. To me, 1x seems like it will mean a long period of us just going... "So,... I built my first plane about 6 hours ago. ...that was cool."
      5. Honestly, I vote for zero gold. just to eliminate that element in the comparison. If I'm preaching building up economy, and one of you is using gold to buy additional resources, that kind of defeats the point, doesn't it?

This (suggested above) sounds good to me: Each person forming/joining a separate one and making diplomacy part of the game without teaming up with each other. How does that sound to everyone?
    • Alright, so here's what I think we have so far:

Map: WWIII
      Speed: x4
      Coalitions: Must not be coalition members with each other at any time. Cannot bring in outside players to purposely coalign. Unknown coalition mates only.
      Gold: No gold use.
      Nation selection: ?
      Starting Time: ?

Everyone okay with that so far?

When are we starting? I suggest the sooner, the better, while still giving people the opportunity to not miss out.

How are we doing nations? I vote for everyone Randoms. Buckeye suggested we purposely spread out. Which do we want to do?
    • 0. really wanna compete/play against each other? i prefer my public games rather chill :D
      how about everyone goes solo (ofc maybe everyone has his own continent to take care of [poor guy getting europe lol]) and we'll end the game as coalition?
      1. def ww3 it's basically the standard map
      2. dont really care about if picked or random; tho would've to join early to have the best chances either way
      -->picked would have the advantage there'd be a gurantee that ppl arent neighbours
      3. would be easier to communicate a set timeframe to look for a game; discord would make organizing way easier
      4. i only play 1x , i like to sleep after all ^^

that being said i'd probably be unable to join anytime soon cuz i already have a lot of games rn

Buckeyechamp wrote:

but no having players recruited outside random to join
      you mean i can't bring PK ? :(

but discussion of all of that is probably easier via discord?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • no if teburu only wants 1 x then we do that .. hes part of this gang. can do a 4 x and 1 x now if want. 4 x does disrupt sleep especially in a high profile game like this.. need to check builds every 6 hrs to succeed

• Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

disagree whole point is to get some publicity and fun on forums.
      you mean publicity to the same handful of ppl over and over again? :D
      well hopefully have more listeners and get them to join in.

• PerigeeNil wrote:

Did I misunderstand? I thought Teburu was saying they were NOT available for any new game (1x or 4 x) right now.
      missd that point .. sounds like chicken ;) hes playing !! Time to nut up or shut up ;)