Metachange: Reduced Radar Viability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Metachange: Reduced Radar Viability

With the recent update making radars unable to detect low-observable units in early levels and the classification of infantry as such, I have observed a significant reduction in mobilization and utilization of mobile radar. Whereas I formerly utilized them with rigid regularity and complete consistency in every game, they have now slipped into relative obscurity in my play style. This thread is to ask five questions:

1. How you all have been using mobile radar before and after the update;

2. What effect the change has had on your play style;

3. How the role of mobile radar has changed;

4. What niche, if any, should and does the mobile radar currently occupy;

5. And finally, whether or not you think the change is beneficial and how accurate it is to reality.
    • „significant reduction in building of mobile radar“ you mean it went from 0 to 0 ? ppl almost never build it from what i‘ve seen

1. yes
      2. none
      3/4 hasnt really changed? its still your usual cheap radar
      5. imo the change didnt really have any inpact, sure its a bit annoying not seeing inf until t2; but ppl almost never utilize 10stacks of inf and i dont really care about realism
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • 1. How you all have been using mobile radar before and after the update; (have never built mobile radar)

2. What effect the change has had on your play style; fairly big need to scout with air supp slowly... airstrike might attack units too big

3. How the role of mobile radar has changed; .. nada .. mobile radar too slow .. air supp can pick up what mobile radar can in way wider / faster range

4. What niche, if any, should and does the mobile radar currently occupy; ( mobile radar was and is for slow chumps ;) ) .. airplnes can accomplish same thing with offense and defense force

5. And finally, whether or not you think the change is beneficial and how accurate it is to reality. (its defiantly not beneficial to my game but probably more realistic)

I used to just scout wide areas for troops by ir or sea.. and realistically radar would not pick up ground units. but have adapted. just need to be a little more cautious and no major impact.. slows me down about 10 pct but no stopping the train coming down the tracks. actually used to it now so have adapted
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • 1. Yes

2. Not much but i don't rely on it that early anymore since i have to wait until the overhaul is unlocked

3. It is a small nerf to radar but the role is still approximately the same

4. It is currently (I think) the only radar that detects low ground signature so it can see infantry which is especially when you shove some artillery with it and use it to clear bot territory

5. The change was a small nerf to radars, made getting max tier asf/sf more rewarding, and buffed helicopters (awacs still exist though)

"I'd put some smart quote here but i can't think of any " -Teburu