Map pins for notes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Map pins for notes

You all know those board pins usefull to stick small notes.

Well I think similar map pins for small notes for your allies or only for yourself would be very handy.
      Imagine you can add note pin on specific province/city/sea to inform your allies that enemy destroyer was there or arty is there, sam, planes parking etc. Or for you not to forget exact location where was the enemy at specific time.
      Any message you want as reminder for yorself or as info for allies.

Every note/pin would have time stamp and should have duration (etc 1 day/12 hours..) after it is deleted automatically. Option to add pin note for yourself or allies etc.
      Ofc you would need to click on pin to open message window.
      Pins could have different icons to represent different message types. Like attack, defend, info, reminder etc.

I know you can talk to your allies in game but sometimes it is more handy to leave them message. Or to have message for yourself when you login again.

Should not be to hard to implement after mobile is finished.
    • Most players want to play an easy game and certanly not to have a new job. I agree with that.
      So I would never use discord and screenshots etc. But I would use pins for myself and allies.

Also you can have several coalition members in game. Some come and go. Form or apply to a new coalition. You think everybody would bother with discord?
      Btw I play only public so I talk about public games. I really don't care for alliance games with special rules like "let's play sim city for 10 days and meet in the middle on day 11".
    • It reminds me of having a pinging system, we've had discussions in the past about having a feature like this. The 'problem' with it is that it touches up on many areas of code, areas which we would rather refactor-first before adding on more layers of code on top of an already shaky foundation :) The relevance of such a feature largely depends on other systems being well refined first too, so something like this is quite low on the list right now.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

It reminds me of having a pinging system, we've had discussions in the past about having a feature like this. The 'problem' with it is that it touches up on many areas of code, areas which we would rather refactor-first before adding on more layers of code on top of an already shaky foundation :) The relevance of such a feature largely depends on other systems being well refined first too, so something like this is quite low on the list right now.
      tldr: legacy :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions