Combat outposts and bunkers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Pale Rider wrote:

Bunkers I do for more for morale.. but last game started thinking about math of population/building damage versus building 2 x Theatre defense per city...... think level 4 - 5 bunkers may better /efficient way to go over theater defense as serve 3 purposes (protect against Missile damage; decrease attack offense ; and ib=ncrease morale
      The tough intriguing but thebunker only protects you from the first missle. Not the consecutiveoutfall if someone is launching a series ofbombs.

TDS always helps. I call them my life insurance. You build them. you hardlyneed them but if you need them its was a good investment.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Bunkers I do for more for morale.. but last game started thinking about math of population/building damage versus building 2 x Theatre defense per city...... think level 4 - 5 bunkers may better /efficient way to go over theater defense as serve 3 purposes (protect against Missile damage; decrease attack offense ; and ib=ncrease morale
      The tough intriguing but thebunker only protects you from the first missle. Not the consecutiveoutfall if someone is launching a series ofbombs.
      TDS always helps. I call them my life insurance. You build them. you hardlyneed them but if you need them its was a good investment.
      wait what? oh even better than. Also does it only protect you from missiles? What about air attacks?
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • So I did a google search and could not find the answer to my question regarding bunker mechanics.

Do ground units need to be in the EXACT center of the city to gain the defensive bonus of a bunker?

I ask because my city is going to be attacked and I want to position the ground units in front of the incoming path of the enemy so my airbase & army base avoid damage when I defend against them.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

So I did a google search and could not find the answer to my question regarding bunker mechanics.

Do ground units need to be in the EXACT center of the city to gain the defensive bonus of a bunker?

I ask because my city is going to be attacked and I want to position the ground units in front of the incoming path of the enemy so my airbase & army base avoid damage when I defend against them.
      Just tested it. There's a level 3 bunker in that city. The stack in it has dmg reduced by 61% (pic 1). The second I move a unit out of it, that percentage drops to 25% for the exiting unit (pic 2). It then loses that 25% a little later. So it appears units need to be dead centre to get the bunker bonus but not dead centre for the 25% general entrenchment bonus.
      Files
      • 1.jpg

(21.44 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
      • 2.jpg

(22.21 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
    • xovault wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

So I did a google search and could not find the answer to my question regarding bunker mechanics.

Just tested it. There's a level 3 bunker in that city. The stack in it has dmg reduced by 61% (pic 1). The second I move a unit out of it, that percentage drops to 25% for the exiting unit (pic 2). It then loses that 25% a little later. So it appears units need to be dead centre to get the bunker bonus but not dead centre for the 25% general entrenchment bonus.
      Ugh, I totally forgot about the entrenchment icon.
      Some people get tunnel vision, I get tunnel thinking. And in this case I had both.

I appreciate your response and likewise including the screen shots as well.