Combat outposts and bunkers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• With both, the (military) units in the City/Province take a percentage less damage (listed on the information screen for outposts and bunkers) depending on the level of the outpost/bunker. Not too long ago, the damage protection provided by bunkers in Cities was also expanded to cover other buildings in that city (i.e., they'll take less from bombing, artillery, etc.). Both outposts and bunkers also provide an increase to morale.
    • That is kind of a good question.

In regards of description it should be:

25% Entrenchment
      33% L 1 Bunker (+ 8%)
      43% L 2 Bunker (+ 10%)
      56% L 3 Bunker (+ 13%)
      68% L 4 Bunker (+ 12%)
      73% L 5 Bunker (+ 5%)

In reality it is shown as:
      25% Entrenchment
      45% L 1 Bunker (+ 20%)
      52% L 2 Bunker (+ 7%)
      61% L 3 Bunker (+ 9%)
      71% L 4 Bunker (+ 10%)
      76% L 5 Bunker (+ 5%)

For 5 I am currently missing examples.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Kalrakh: Update Bunker stats ().

• outposts just protect incoming damage to hosted troops ..... bunkers do same plsu protect city [population and at higher levels protect buildings. in addition bunkers increase morale in that city.

In practice use outposts to throw up fast in 1 hr to meet/beat oncoming opponent in prov (get 25 pct entrench plus 33Pct) ends up like 45 pct decreased performance of attacker outside any def bonuses.. so yu can generally beat a stack up to twice your size.)

Bunkers I do for more for morale.. but last game started thinking about math of population/building damage versus building 2 x Theatre defense per city...... think level 4 - 5 bunkers may better /efficient way to go over theater defense as serve 3 purposes (protect against Missile damage; decrease attack offense ; and ib=ncrease morale
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • thats was my point if get so far advanced bunkers.. they will stop or mitigate any thing TDs could stop. plus doest take a wasted army base 5 plus 1 day to move cross country.. you need 2 x per city .... so thats alot of builds
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

outposts just protect incoming damage to hosted troops ..... bunkers do same plsu protect city [population and at higher levels protect buildings. in addition bunkers increase morale in that city.

In practice use outposts to throw up fast in 1 hr to meet/beat oncoming opponent in prov (get 25 pct entrench plus 33Pct) ends up like 45 pct decreased performance of attacker outside any def bonuses.. so yu can generally beat a stack up to twice your size.)

Bunkers I do for more for morale.. but last game started thinking about math of population/building damage versus building 2 x Theatre defense per city...... think level 4 - 5 bunkers may better /efficient way to go over theater defense as serve 3 purposes (protect against Missile damage; decrease attack offense ; and ib=ncrease morale
      Indeed; I recently began seriously using bunkers. I’ve always used outposts and I still use them similarly, although sometimes even more, but I’ve also starting popping bunkers when I see the enemy coming in four hours away. I’ll start a bunker, rush some troops in, sortie my aircraft, and crush a six battalion division with a tank using two infantry divisions, a bunker, rushing, and a ton of aircraft. I also have begun using bunkers to increase the morale of lost homeland cities or places whose production I find essential to my progress. I’ve definitely been finding TDS essentially worthless lately ever since the first time since I tried it. I never built it again, as it was indeed far too ungainly and incompetent for it’s cost and build requirements.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

thats was my point if get so far advanced bunkers.. they will stop or mitigate any thing TDs could stop. plus doest take a wasted army base 5 plus 1 day to move cross country.. you need 2 x per city .... so thats alot of builds
      Bunkers are definitely of much more utility here, with the ease of use factor combined with the variety of unique benefits available, especially by comparison, making them the superlative option in the situation.
    • they do get knocked down a level if attacked via missile (depends on HP or type of missile)and would need to be rebuilt but usually not completely destroyed. Last game had 2 x TDS in every city and never had to use (hate wasted resources but a precaution) so would rather get the benefits of Bunkers .. would probably still build TDs ... but bunkers first.

• Kalrakh wrote:

TDS can take down multiple missiles and defends multiple cities at once. Bunkers will probably defend a city once, then they are most likely destroyed?
      This is accurate for high urban density regions, but in areas with distributed infrastructure, this isn’t hardly the case. It ultimately depends on the likelihood of a missile attack; some games, they never happen, some, there is a higher quantity and proportion of nuclear armament that is utilized. Summarily, if TDS can’t defend multiple cities or an entire combat theater against a probable threat, it may well worth it. Otherwise, it’s likely not valuable enough to justify the extravagant investment, while bunkers provide many more benefits in many more areas.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

TDS can take down multiple missiles and defends multiple cities at once. Bunkers will probably defend a city once, then they are most likely destroyed?
      this is quite interesting idea of bunkers being more flexible than tds. but still tds lvl 1 research is not that costy and if u went for mrls u already have lvl 4 army bases

tds can accompany the army to stop cms if u didn't go for sams (idk why wouldn't one do so )with their huge range.
      The problem is they can't air assault like sams.
      Increase in tds speed would make it much more playable but less realistic.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

That is kind of a good question.

25% Entrenchment
      33% L 1 Bunker (+ 8%)
      43% L 2 Bunker (+ 10%)
      56% L 3 Bunker (+ 13%)
      68% L 4 Bunker (+ 12%)
      73% L 5 Bunker (+ 5%)

25% Entrenchment
      45% L 1 Bunker (+ 20%)
      52% L 2 Bunker (+ 7%)
      61% L 3 Bunker (+ 9%)
      71% L 4 Bunker (+ 10%)
      ??% L 5 Bunker (+ ?%)

WHY IS THIS ?????

It reads wrong is confusing... rality is not the same as what is stated. What am I missing here?
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

this is quite interesting idea of bunkers being more flexible than tds. but still tds lvl 1 research is not that costy and if u went for mrls u already have lvl 4 army bases
      tds can accompany the army to stop cms if u didn't go for sams (idk why wouldn't one do so )with their huge range.
      The problem is they can't air assault like sams.
      Increase in tds speed would make it much more playable but less realistic.
      but need like army base 5 to build tds. and tds dont stop planes really. they are not designed to be mobile

• edablo wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

That is kind of a good question.

25% Entrenchment
      33% L 1 Bunker (+ 8%)
      43% L 2 Bunker (+ 10%)
      56% L 3 Bunker (+ 13%)
      68% L 4 Bunker (+ 12%)
      73% L 5 Bunker (+ 5%)

25% Entrenchment
      45% L 1 Bunker (+ 20%)
      52% L 2 Bunker (+ 7%)
      61% L 3 Bunker (+ 9%)
      71% L 4 Bunker (+ 10%)
      76% L 5 Bunker (+ 5%)

WHY IS THIS ?????
      It reads wrong is confusing... rality is not the same as what is stated. What am I missing here?
      I don't know, would need answer of a dev like @Germanico