Looking for Rising Tides Advice

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Just attack like any other City.... once you take over the dome will come down and recharge in a day. If recall it only protects population and buildings but does not protect troops. so actually helps attacker really as can bomb it /shell it without civilian or building damage but army inside still destroyed so when take over its a better asset than normal. plus wil be like 10 vp when first take and then slowly grow to 50 vp within 24 hrs. besides looking cool just becomes bigger target cities for the VPs.
      Indeed. I at first thought the domes were an unfair advantage, but their protection of civilian assets without the expansion of that attribute to military forces enable significant reductions in collateral damage without a corresponding increase in effort on that objective. If anything, the balance is actually inverted from that which it first appears to be.
    • Won Rising Tides five time. Least time it took, 12 days.

They have made changes, but strategy is still the same. With new design, will probably take 30 days.

What countries you'd recommend?

Japan, Indonesia, Australia, Madgascar (won with all)

Which countries have the special resources and whether it's advisable to start with one?

None

Differences in approach vs WW3 (I've also played, WWZ and Flashpoints, if there is a better tie-in)
      Unit focus changes?

Very different than WW3. Water map. Navy and Marines. All you need is 7 or 8 of the 9 Victory locations and you win. All of them are close to water if you have Marines.

Anyone who acts like this is WW3 and starts attacking neighbors has the wrong approach.
    • localexperts wrote:

Won Rising Tides five time. Least time it took, 12 days.

They have made changes, but strategy is still the same. With new design, will probably take 30 days.

What countries you'd recommend?

Japan, Indonesia, Australia, Madgascar (won with all)

Which countries have the special resources and whether it's advisable to start with one?

None

Differences in approach vs WW3 (I've also played, WWZ and Flashpoints, if there is a better tie-in)
      Unit focus changes?

Very different than WW3. Water map. Navy and Marines. All you need is 7 or 8 of the 9 Victory locations and you win. All of them are close to water if you have Marines.

Anyone who acts like this is WW3 and starts attacking neighbors has the wrong approach.
      I meant which countries are NEAR the goody sites, I know none are initially IN them.
      The game I ended up playing as Madagascar, but 1 faulty move set me back, and then of course Auric Goldfinger stepped in and started magically rebuilding his airfields and applying golden balm to heal his units so it was a no win situation.
      I love the WWZ game, but noobs ruined both ones I was in. Either left and got their countries zombified, or played like it was WW3 and left zombies in their wake. Zombies won both times, even though there were 2 5 country coalitions trying to stem the tide in the second one.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • well in Rising Tides It's really tough to keep up against gold fingers, as the resource generation rate is slow they can beat you easy enough. But I am excluding that factor as using gold is not against the rule.

In general approach you need to balance navy and land / air, aiming for the main purpose, 1st you need to survive along with your coalition members and control your own area and 2nd taking those special points.

Do not make unnecessary troops/ buildings / tech research/ unit lvl up and try to save resource. ( I know it is easy to say but tough to do, as we play lot of ww3 normal games and we go for built heavy from the beginning) But you have to change the approach for RT.

Do not lose time to kill active / good players around you. try to make sister coalition or Nap with them. (As the member limit is 3 for a coalition it's help to have a sister coalition running) And time to time you can lose your own members as most of the new gamer go inactive as they can't keep up with slow resource or extra strong Rouges, So Diplomacy with strong active players is extremely important. You may need to restructure / Marge coalition in long term.

Last do not hurry too much for long distance Special sights points, coz you can't protect them easy and the other strong player will come for them and you can't stop everyone.

To be honest I do not play RT too much, just gave it a try few times when it launch 1st time. Now a days I do not play it. So if anything newly added to this game I really don't know.
      Have fun, nothing personal.

The post was edited 1 time, last by booombooom ().

• Dealer of Death wrote:

I meant which countries are NEAR the goody sites
      The key thing is getting countries where A) you won't be attacked on Day 1 or anytime soon because getting to them involves going over water. Where you can make a run of five ships and protect your ports while you build. That is better than being nea the goody sites. Holding at best one victory site and then fighting off the masses while preparing to take the majority of them. You want to be off on the side, not in an alliance, and where you can build ships and marines.
    • localexperts wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I meant which countries are NEAR the goody sites
      The key thing is getting countries where A) you won't be attacked on Day 1 or anytime soon because getting to them involves going over water. Where you can make a run of five ships and protect your ports while you build. That is better than being nea the goody sites. Holding at best one victory site and then fighting off the masses while preparing to take the majority of them. You want to be off on the side, not in an alliance, and where you can build ships and marines.
      Hence that's why Greenland, Madagascar and New Zealand (Australia too perhaps, but that one is a rather big target) are prime starting spots. Islands that are surrounded by water and can build stuff in relative peace.