Looking for Rising Tides Advice

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Looking for Rising Tides Advice

      So, I'm hoping to join one of the Rising Tides this weekend for the first time, and was wondering if you guys can give me any pointers, like ...

      What countries you'd recommend
      Which countries have the special resources and whether it's advisable to start with one
      Differences in approach vs WW3 (I've also played, WWZ and Flashpoints, if there is a better tie-in)
      Unit focus changes

      Anything else you'd like to share.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Teburu wrote:

      1. navy is a thing
      2. ressourcemanagement is way more important; so no spamming of arms industries

      tbh i somewhat miss the old map where you could solowin the entire thing in like 1-2 weeks :D
      Well I'm always a Navy Player, I have only picked a landlocked country in 1 game ever (Iran on a Flashpoint)

      but what do you mean by not spamming arms industries. It sounds like you need MORE resource production by the first part of point #2?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

      very very very low resources production that I archived the map.
      That’s what the money is for. On the point, I had a fairly successful game as Madagascar, built up some decent naval force. Definitely try not to make too many arms industries though, and a naval focus is extremely useful. I developed the strongest regional navy with just my homeland territories, so resource production isn’t actually too bad. I’d personally seriously recommend Madagascar in RT for naval players.
    • Well I missed the first offering. I don't want my first game to be with a suck country, and so far, none of you except Stratieon have given any country recommendations.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I can’t give country recommendations. I tried out Madagascar and Greenland and so far I’ve been relatively successful due to good diplomatic relations.

      Regarding Arms Industry Spam, it’s worked for me so far. The resources used to create AI and the backlash seems bearable, and I didn’t even remember that Rising Tides have a power production. Components have been a problem, but that’s because I’ve been going with a Cruiser fleet. Yes, I know that’s stupid, but having a fleet that can take on everything that floats is highly important when everybody is creating ships anyway. Also highest damage to buildings —> you can reach almost all major cities with navy :D

      Also, BUILD NAVAL INFANTRY IF YOU WANT TO TAKE ISLAND AI COUNTRIES. because otherwise you can’t. Most AI island countries can’t be taken because they don’t have harbors. Antarctica included.
    • Navy; Airforce; Infantry (marines / NG) can take a whole lot of territory close to sea. Build Navy more than normal and Navy Asst veh. (take the Victory site island early) and protect with Navy. Aggresive play can win the game before people even get going. Get CM capable asap as wil need to play in multiple theatres and navy / airforce with CM capability best way to fight off potential attackers. usually not big on attack subs but built 1 per navy stack or near stack just for CM capabilities so when someone comes at you with a destroyer easy to take out

      Only time played we won in like 25 days and 70 pct of world was unconquered (but was 1st weekend and dont think most people realized need whole new strategy). Get a Victory site; setup airbase and patrol with some strike fighters or attack choppers. Block of shipping lanes.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

      First country picked is australia don't know if this means its the best but as the map is created as australia is picked.
      australia is a good rising tides country (good anyways) but best combo of resources for rising tide and plays towards navy anyways. plus have Victory site between you and africa and another in hawaii... so can control 2 without too much stretch.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

      abdul_the_brave wrote:

      First country picked is australia don't know if this means its the best but as the map is created as australia is picked.
      australia is a good rising tides country (good anyways) but best combo of resources for rising tide and plays towards navy anyways. plus have Victory site between you and africa and another in hawaii... so can control 2 without too much stretch.
      I think they changed the locations of the victory sites since you played.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Stratieon wrote:

      abdul_the_brave wrote:

      very very very low resources production that I archived the map.
      That’s what the money is for. On the point, I had a fairly successful game as Madagascar, built up some decent naval force. Definitely try not to make too many arms industries though, and a naval focus is extremely useful. I developed the strongest regional navy with just my homeland territories, so resource production isn’t actually too bad. I’d personally seriously recommend Madagascar in RT for naval players.
      So I picked Madagascar, and damn are the resources tight. I'm just on day 2 and already blew my wad on resources. Well, my goal was to survive, not expecting to win so. BTW Fereyd is in this game playing Austria.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

      Stratieon wrote:

      abdul_the_brave wrote:

      very very very low resources production that I archived the map.
      That’s what the money is for. On the point, I had a fairly successful game as Madagascar, built up some decent naval force. Definitely try not to make too many arms industries though, and a naval focus is extremely useful. I developed the strongest regional navy with just my homeland territories, so resource production isn’t actually too bad. I’d personally seriously recommend Madagascar in RT for naval players.
      So I picked Madagascar, and damn are the resources tight. I'm just on day 2 and already blew my wad on resources. Well, my goal was to survive, not expecting to win so. BTW Fereyd is in this game playing Austria.

      Part of it is managing resources depending on the situation; I was very careful with naval mobilization and turtled for a while meticulously building up forces. As for survival, I’d say Madagascar is one of the best nations in Africa for that, being out of the general melee and able to swoop in on the spoils of others’ wars.
    • Just attack like any other City.... once you take over the dome will come down and recharge in a day. If recall it only protects population and buildings but does not protect troops. so actually helps attacker really as can bomb it /shell it without civilian or building damage but army inside still destroyed so when take over its a better asset than normal. plus wil be like 10 vp when first take and then slowly grow to 50 vp within 24 hrs. besides looking cool just becomes bigger target cities for the VPs.