Afrika

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have no idea how Africa works. I've experimented with every "region" of the world such as an moderately successful game as cuba, my favorite ever game as argentina, a game as germany that i did well in, hell i nearly won a game with mongolia but then i pissed some ppl off... anyway i have almost no experience in africa whatever to speak of... the problem is i'm not used to the startoff and mostly the terrain pain in general. Also i think african cities suck. Besides most african cities have few ports which is annoying if u survive to the time where a navy would be needed. Please help i'm playing as etheopia someone teach me i usually use tank anti air but i think i need to revise the strategy.. help?

Also sorry about the format i'm busy killing my brain with some quality music and its 10pm
    • Have won Blood and Oil with Morraco..... Have never started World map in Africa but Ethipia not a bad start as in corner of continent. Africa is deceptivly huge.... last game started as argentina and then after taking most of S America went to efrica and took forever to take 2/3 africa (south part is so slow with jungles and mths and when you compare size half of africa is as big as all europe.

So would say best would to start on an edge country and try not to get bogged down in congo area ( But i never start with a landlocked country) so let the middle part work its self out.

Problem i see with Africa coalition / winners coming out against europe / asia/ americas is africa usually single purpose. plus that continent along with mid east is kind of the clash point (can be attacked from any direction).

But in general regardless of continent I go strong Navy and Strike Fighters. N Africa AFV good (fast and great dessert bonuses).
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Playing as South Africa was my favorite game. Has enough port homeland cities, nice mountains to give some insulation while you build up forces and only one direction to worry about once you protect your ports, UP.
      -
      AfricaVictory Display.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Playing as South Africa was my favorite game. Has enough port homeland cities, nice mountains to give some insulation while you build up forces and only one direction to worry about once you protect your ports, UP.
      -
      AfricaVictory Display.jpg
      Indeed; sometimes I do this and just turtle for most of the game, taking opportunities to expand while securing my borders, then expand explosively and torch all enemy resistance I encounter after getting set up diplomatically. Definitely no need to be as concerned with sitting in the Congo kill area.