Where is your nick from?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where is your nick from?

Idea ruthlessly stolen from Smogon Forums
      Image credits go to my friend who wasn’t kicked

Hello everyone!
      I used to belong to another forum with a huge group of people. (The story of how I was kicked is for another time.) so anyways they had this thread where they introduced how they got their nicknames (usernames) and it was a bit like introducing yourself. So I thought, why not here?

To start off, my nickname is my old phone password + the scrambled initials of my name. I made it up within a few minutes to join the forum I was talking about ^^

How about you?
      Files
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Mine was just a matter of exhaustion.

I really wanted to be Archon Prime, but it was taken. The Overlord, but it was taken. etc. etc. etc.

After a multitude of trying all the cool names I could come up with (You see, no offense, but I don't want any dang number in my name, like I came off an assembly line) "Dealer of Death" was the first one that was available, so I took it.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't picked a name that sounds so antagonistic because I like to lie low initially almost every game. People see "Dealer of Death" and automatically think that I think I'm some sort of badass.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Lifelong Ohio State Buckeye fan. Then initially playing Online Fantasy sports this became my Team name alot as generally won ;-); evolved into other handle for online Poker; sports games.... now its basically my online handle. sometimes have to concatenate with a # and would put last OSU Championship yr won.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Mine was just a matter of exhaustion.

I really wanted to be Archon Prime, but it was taken. The Overlord, but it was taken. etc. etc. etc.

After a multitude of trying all the cool names I could come up with (You see, no offense, but I don't want any dang number in my name, like I came off an assembly line) "Dealer of Death" was the first one that was available, so I took it.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't picked a name that sounds so antagonistic because I like to lie low initially almost every game. People see "Dealer of Death" and automatically think that I think I'm some sort of badass.
      yeah used to play Final Fantasy ; which is like a never ending gme and you move around in a universe so to speak. So would change names to intimidating things like this like "Shadow of Death" or "Pale Rider" as didnt get into whole big Clan thing (100 players would clump together for protection) so would move from "town to town" as a Hired Gunslinger ;)

BTW that game you cant succeed long term without major Gold Buying. I was always for concerned about my Kill ratio more than size and would be in the top 10 despite not even in top 500 in size... But sooner or latter some guy/gal spending $500 a week would teleport in on a hired Contract to wreck you. literally you could see people grow on payday and people where spending non sigfigant amount of $$ to win a video game. and that game you dont ever win as game doesnt end ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • this ? Rozne Eltobliv? Nothing it came from a made-up language me and my school friends for discussing our secret things . After a while ,I stated that there must be a fictional country where this language is spoken . And thus came our fictional country in the northeastern Atlantic south west of Iberia . And for that country, we had to make some realistic stuff which also included the country's military commander . And after days of thinking , we came up with a fictional man called 'Rozne Eltobliv' . Rozne is a common name in the country which means 'one who never gets tired' and Eltobliv is the third-most populous city . (People of the city generally put the name of city as their surname )
      So when I found CoN, I thought about making the name of military commander as my in-game name .
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

this ? Rozne Eltobliv? Nothing it came from a made-up language me and my school friends for discussing our secret things . After a while ,I stated that there must be a fictional country where this language is spoken . And thus came our fictional country in the northeastern Atlantic south west of Iberia . And for that country, we had to make some realistic stuff which also included the country's military commander . And after days of thinking , we came up with a fictional man called 'Rozne Eltobliv' . Rozne is a common name in the country which means 'one who never gets tired' and Eltobliv is the third-most populous city . (People of the city generally put the name of city as their surname )
      So when I found CoN, I thought about making the name of military commander as my in-game name .
      So what's with this "Eltosliv"? Friend of yours? part of your group? Wildly improbable coincidence?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

this ? Rozne Eltobliv? Nothing it came from a made-up language me and my school friends for discussing our secret things . After a while ,I stated that there must be a fictional country where this language is spoken . And thus came our fictional country in the northeastern Atlantic south west of Iberia . And for that country, we had to make some realistic stuff which also included the country's military commander . And after days of thinking , we came up with a fictional man called 'Rozne Eltobliv' . Rozne is a common name in the country which means 'one who never gets tired' and Eltobliv is the third-most populous city . (People of the city generally put the name of city as their surname )
      So what's with this "Eltosliv"? Friend of yours? part of your group? Wildly improbable coincidence?
      I dont know
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

I dont know
      Whoa, now I'm wildly curious. That can't be a coincidence right?
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth