Submarines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think we should add a third type of submarine, the cruise missile submarine. It would start out with 1 cruise missile, then 2 cruise missiles, and finally 3 cruise missiles. As for ballistic missile submarine, it could end with 2 cruise missiles, and attack submarine end with 1 cruise missile.
      "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
      -General George S. Patton
    • what is the point of it over ballistic? build ballistic loss 1 cm but get 2 ballistic missiles instead?
      also this is very small role for it to operate. Honestly I don't upgrade ballistic subs prefer to build many with the rare cost of its research.
      u can build cruisers and et the cm for example?
      but a unit that its purpose in life is to shoot cm and on naval units that doesn't usually care about cms?
    • use navy officer .. way better than any sub and can fire 3 CMs after like lvl 3 (2 initially) which upgrades are crazy cheap. you realize attack subs can launch 1 then 2 CMs right??

but problem with subs launching CMs have to get close and usually cutting hp in half in shallow waters so gave up on attack subs. will have my navy oficer with multiple cm capable ... a few ballistic missile subs covering multiple theatres that can lead assulat wrecking city or catch a resting enemy.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

use navy officer .. way better than any sub and can fire 3 CMs after like lvl 3 (2 initially) which upgrades are crazy cheap. you realize attack subs can launch 1 then 2 CMs right??

but problem with subs launching CMs have to get close and usually cutting hp in half in shallow waters so gave up on attack subs. will have my navy oficer with multiple cm capable ... a few ballistic missile subs covering multiple theatres that can lead assulat wrecking city or catch a resting enemy.
      Indeed. Modern attack subs actually fulfill the role of cruise missile subs, as their VLS cells are filled with them. It was determined that the optimal role of an attack sub included cruise missiles in VLS to maximize the effectiveness of the platform and provide it with increased operational freedom of action while also endowing commanders with an additional option for the flexible application of fires.