Playing the Philippines in Rising Tides(normal)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Playing the Philippines in Rising Tides(normal)

Its day 8, I have 2 stacks 10 units each. I conquered Australia and is preparing to invade the Mekong Cooperation. I have researched basic infantry, marines, air superiority fighters and destroyers as well as AFVs and recon.

Is it a good Idea for me to research strike fighters and helicopters as well as Airborne infantry.
      Motorized infantry spam is the best way.
    • well since having navy as island nation is basically a nobrainer i wouldnt really focus to much on other units that require the same combination (comp+elek) since this way there'll be more for the ships :D
      either strikefighters or helis; both is just overkill and you'll never really have the elec to sufficiently produce both in the quantity needed to make effective use of them; its also a lot more to upgrade ^^
      if you're going for navy helis might be more worth in the long run because they can operate from carriers by default and dont need an extra version

about airborne: don't; just use marines works way better for capturing island
      cuz where are you gonna airassault to with them? into the water? :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

well since having navy as island nation is basically a nobrainer i wouldnt really focus to much on other units that require the same combination (comp+elek) since this way there'll be more for the ships :D
      either strikefighters or helis; both is just overkill and you'll never really have the elec to sufficiently produce both in the quantity needed to make effective use of them; its also a lot more to upgrade ^^
      if you're going for navy helis might be more worth in the long run because they can operate from carriers by default and dont need an extra version

Would researching and using MBTs or TDs be good? And should I invest in missiles and any form of artillery for when my navy cant reach for bombardment?
      Motorized infantry spam is the best way.
    • Vincenator wrote:

Teburu wrote:

well since having navy as island nation is basically a nobrainer i wouldnt really focus to much on other units that require the same combination (comp+elek) since this way there'll be more for the ships :D

Would researching and using MBTs or TDs be good? And should I invest in missiles and any form of artillery for when my navy cant reach for bombardment?
      I’d say missiles are always a solid investment, and I’d highly recommend getting them even before researching ground troops as a naval nation. If you use AFVs and Attack Helis, that would be a solid combo where other armor wouldn’t really be needed. Since you’re in Rising Tides, “navy can’t reach” isn’t much of a thing, and if you have command of the sea and a solid air and/or ground force, that will let you take the enemy on all fronts. A decent ground force with solid air support and strong naval force will be much better than excellent ground but bad air and sea support. Strive for superior in at least two domains and you will be able to best the excellent in one domain.

Summary: probably not unless encountering exceptional cases, AFV+AH should suffice. Missiles are often a good investment at some point to increase hitting power against enemy fleets and land forces, providing another domain of superiority to increase freedom of action in flexible application of fires.
    • u r researching like every thing . gunships is some what problematic due to their range but u can use attack choppers to attack navy but attack choppers need components.
      destroyers eats components up. frigates are very important butif u have very low production go for sams and try to play carefully . u can later go for mrls they also need supplies and electronics. but u might have suffer from electronics and the lvl4 army base is very expensive for rising tides.one thing I know for sure when u have better production go for asfs they are really important especially if u didn't build frigates.
    • abdul_the_brave wrote:

u r researching like every thing . gunships is some what problematic due to their range but u can use attack choppers to attack navy but attack choppers need components.
      destroyers eats components up. frigates are very important butif u have very low production go for sams and try to play carefully . u can later go for mrls they also need supplies and electronics. but u might have suffer from electronics and the lvl4 army base is very expensive for rising tides.one thing I know for sure when u have better production go for asfs they are really important especially if u didn't build frigates.
      Indeed; ground warfare combinations should be capable of destroying infantry and armor, so AFV+AH is sufficient. Strikes also consume significant quantities of components in mobilization, but depending on required reach are of great utility. In this application I recommend attack helis. Frigates are excellent in this situation also due to the considerably increased importance of establish superiority in the naval warfare domain. Mobile artillery could be quite effective on the ground, but may be rendered largely unnecessary with the reach of carrier-based aircraft operating in numbers with a strong base of fire from naval and ground forces.

Concluding recommended setup: Frigs+Carrier+AH+~(MA/MRLS)