When is WWZ gamemode coming back?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 737373elj wrote:

It was around last time for a very long time... so long that some players (me included) complained a bit so they brought Rising Tides back. So I don't know when it's coming back, but it won't be for a very long time.
      Indeed. I’m personally an RT over WWZ myself, although I don’t mind an occasional rotation to simultaneously satisfy the inverse proclivities over a sufficient chronological span.
    • Both the WWZ games I played (the very first public one where the zombies all moved like the Flash with 6 cups of coffee) and a later 1st nerfing game were unmitigated disasters where the zombies conquered the world. This was because, especially in the first one, no one seemed to get you couldn't just go all attack and leave smokin cities empty or weekly defended, AND people quitting and their country going feral. I would love to play in a more rank restricted one to cut out tourists.

ALL THAT SAID, those 2 games were some of the most fun I've had, even with the losing.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Both the WWZ games I played (the very first public one where the zombies all moved like the Flash with 6 cups of coffee) and a later 1st nerfing game were unmitigated disasters where the zombies conquered the world. This was because, especially in the first one, no one seemed to get you couldn't just go all attack and leave smokin cities empty or weekly defended, AND people quitting and their country going feral. I would love to play in a more rank restricted one to cut out tourists.

ALL THAT SAID, those 2 games were some of the most fun I've had, even with the losing.
      Agreed; in a significant quantity of threads I have observed requests for the developers to increase the relative combat capability of the zombies in order to increase the challenge of combatting them directly. However, as your experience evidences, this argument fails to take into account the effect of indirect combat by a formless force equipped with unprecedented multi-level freedom of action particularly when correlated with that of active and inactive players. Hence, the primary reason justifying the rebalancing was to prevent the superiority of the NPC element over inactive players from compounding to a mass incapable of being challenged by the combat power assembled by any coalition of players due to exponential increase enabled by the directly unbounded nature NPC expansion. Therefore, your presented solution of providing a bound to NPC expansion by restricting their ability to easily gain superiority over the player element due to the compound inactivity and resulting loss of combat capability in the latter shall likely be quite effective in its goal and thereby ensure an excellent balance of PvP and PvE conflict.